ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

View Poll Results: they are talking about
Jeremy's Lin epic debut run of scoring and linning 100 22.37%
Tracy McGrady's epic first round playoff exits 11 2.46%
2008 Rockets game winning streak 336 75.17%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

When someone says "The Streak" they are talking about
Tags:  basketball, house, houston rockets, nba Tags
tinman is offline Old 11-06-2012, 02:52 AM   #1
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485

Last edited by tinman; 11-06-2012 at 02:57 AM.

Sponsored Link
stl1622dc is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:04 AM   #2
stl1622dc
stl1622dc is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2009
Member: #41626
For someone that hates LOF you sure do mention him a lot yourself.

tinman is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:08 AM   #3
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Quote:
Originally Posted by stl1622dc View Post
For someone that hates LOF you sure do mention him a lot yourself.
this is just a poll of what one thinks of the words 'the streak'

all of 3 of those events really did happen.

who is LOF? I don't hate a person named LOF. Is that his initials?

Lester Olajuwon Feigen?

SC1211 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:23 AM   #4
SC1211
Contributing Member
SC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereSC1211 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36568
I went to the 22nd game against the Lakers. Was an awesome experience, especially watching Battier up close defending Kobe Bryant. Truly makes you appreciate a great perimeter defender. Of course I also went to the 23rd game where we lost to the Celtics. Still, that two year period were some of the brightest in recent years between the streak and the 2009 playoff run. Makes me miss Yao, Chuck, Battier, Landry, Scola and even Rafer occasionally.

Shroopy2 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Shroopy2
Contributing Member
Shroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchShroopy2 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Feb 2003
Member: #10896
about Ray Stevens ?

kuku is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:36 AM   #6
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51720
This 22-win streak is really getting old. It's a great piece of Rockets history but c'mon tinman, it's not an NBA record. Lakers own that and it's one of the NBA records that it will probably never be broken, not only in NBA but in any professional team sports.

kinein is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:38 AM   #7
kinein
kinein is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51768
The 2007-08 Houston Rockets season was their 41st season in the National Basketball Association and 37th in Houston. The Rockets won at least 50 games for the second straight season and made the playoffs also on the back of a 22 game winning streak, the second longest in the history of the NBA. The Houston Rockets came into the 2007-2008 playoffs without Yao Ming, who was still injured.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007%E2...Rockets_season

http://www.helium.com/items/1026933-...ouston-rockets

Perspective
http://www.sportscity.com/nba/record...inning-streak/

Bromance

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-the-streak

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4q...n-streak_sport

http://www.chron.com/sports/rockets/...cs-1763117.php

http://houston.sbnation.com/houston-...n-life-support

Houston made it into the 1st round and was subsequently eliminated by Utah 4-2
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Although Novak was not being paid as much as he is post-Linsanity. He is remembered for hitting clutch shots to maintain this epic streak.

Fortunately for Steve Novak he finally got his due when Jeremy Lin exploited the abilities of discount triple-check.

I've been told I can't post hot chicks, but I think a Rocket Cheerleader is acceptable unless told otherwise.

kinein is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 AM   #8
kinein
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuku View Post
This 22-win streak is really getting old. It's a great piece of Rockets history but c'mon tinman, it's not an NBA record. Lakers own that and it's one of the NBA records that it will probably never be broken, not only in NBA but in any professional team sports.
Sometimes you just have to walk away and just let someone hold onto their memories. Show some love and just walk away!

kinein is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #9
kinein
Other noted happenings in 2007-08

South Korea's Ban Ki-moon becomes the new United Nations Secretary-General, replacing Kofi Annan.

Apple Inc's CEO and founder, Steve Jobs announces the first generation iPhone, the iPhone 2G

Fidel Castro announces his resignation as President of Cuba

United States presidential election, 2008: Barack Obama is elected the 44th President of the United States, and becomes the first African-American President-elect

Heath Ledger Passes away due to drug overdose

kinein is offline Old 11-06-2012, 04:00 AM   #10
kinein
2007-2008 Roster

http://www.clutchfans.net/teams.cfm?Season=2008

HTML Code:
Name	
TRACY MCGRADY	
YAO MING	
RAFER ALSTON	
LUIS SCOLA	
SHANE BATTIER	
BONZI WELLS
BOBBY JACKSON
CARL LANDRY	
LUTHER HEAD	
MIKE JAMES	
GERALD GREEN	
STEVE FRANCIS	
AARON BROOKS	
STEVE NOVAK	
KIRK SNYDER	
MIKE HARRIS	
DIKEMBE MUTOMBO	
JUSTIN WILLIAMS	
CHUCK HAYES	
LOREN WOODS	
BOBBY JONE

Jontro is offline Old 11-06-2012, 04:15 AM   #11
Jontro
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45137
I think of some idiot running across a field nekkid and it makes me chuckle.

Burko is offline Old 11-06-2012, 04:21 AM   #12
Burko
Burko is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47952
Insert

Rfan is offline Old 11-06-2012, 04:26 AM   #13
Rfan
Rfan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2004
Member: #15853
Why does it matter what "The Streak" means to someone? It's not like real fans knew everything that happened before they themselves became fans. These threads serve no purpose but to drive down the quality of the site and drive away potential real fans. This is so immature.

highlander3128 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 04:32 AM   #14
highlander3128
highlander3128 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: May 2008
Member: #31733
I am a 08er, so I know.

mdoggnic is online now Old 11-06-2012, 05:29 AM   #15
mdoggnic
Contributing Member
mdoggnic is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29894
When i hear "the streak" i think of Joe Dimaggio.

Red: [narrating]" I find I'm so excited, I can barely sit still or hold a thought in my head. I think it's the excitement only a free man can feel, a free man at the start of a long journey whose conclusion is uncertain. I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
-Shawshank Redemption

BasketballReasons is offline Old 11-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #16
BasketballReasons
Contributing Member
BasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32374
Should have made poll public..

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #17
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
That fateful night at the Toyota Center when my clothes felt way too tight and I'll be damned if I just stand around naked.

BasketballReasons is offline Old 11-06-2012, 05:47 AM   #18
BasketballReasons
Contributing Member
BasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boardsBasketballReasons is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32374

If Ya don't know, now ya know..

BigShotBob is offline Old 11-06-2012, 07:32 AM   #19
BigShotBob
BigShotBob is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43535
Correct me if im wrong but, Yao was only a part of the first half of the 22 game winning streak?

Patience is offline Old 11-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #20
Patience
Contributing Member
Patience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the pointsPatience is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Apr 2002
Member: #3684
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman View Post
this is just a poll of what one thinks of the words 'the streak'

all of 3 of those events really did happen.

who is LOF? I don't hate a person named LOF. Is that his initials?

Lester Olajuwon Feigen?
How about the 15-0 and 22-1 streaks to start the 93-94 season? No to take anything away from 2008, but the Rockets actually won a championship in 1994, so in some ways I still consider it a more important streak.