ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets acquire Jason Terry from Kings

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > NBA Dish

Knicks Look Good
Tags:  basketball, miami, nba, new york knicks Tags
SacTown is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:14 PM   #1
SacTown
SacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48785
3-0 and they beat Miami. Seem to be sharing the ball more this year and Carmello not playing 1 on 5 every time down the court. I'm surprised and impressed.

Sponsored Link
DonatasFanboy is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #2
DonatasFanboy
DonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the pointsDonatasFanboy is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2012
Member: #50323
they do look well. i wonder what happens when Amare gets back. It's kind of a shame they wasted their amnesty, imagine CP3 there.

I never take an easy path. Easy paths are for quoters. - Donatas Motiejunas

713 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #3
713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points713 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: May 2011
Member: #48858
only 3 games and amare not even on the court yet. jury is still out on melo and stat can coexist. ill take the wait and see approach.

holly1985 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:30 PM   #4
holly1985
holly1985 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Member: #52663
The Knicks are really deep now.
They're in a win now mode and have a 3-year window to contend. As long as their players stay healthy, I think the ECF will be Heat VS Knicks.

Lucky Charm is offline Old 11-05-2012, 08:43 PM   #5
Lucky Charm
Lucky Charm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLucky Charm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLucky Charm is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52488
They always look good when either Carmelo or Amare are out. It's when they're both on court at the same time that they can't make it work. When Amare comes back he's going to once again clutter the paint with Tyson and ruin their flow with his completely non-existent defense.
There's going to be so much drama when he comes back and they look like ish again, I wonder if Woodson would have the balls to have him come off the bench

Sleepy Flloyd is offline Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #6
Sleepy Flloyd
Sleepy Flloyd is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45816
Yawn, regular season team who throws up a million 3's and pray they go in.

Weve seen teams like this before, live by die by....

ashiin is offline Old 11-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #7
ashiin
ashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineashiin is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43431
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy Flloyd View Post
Yawn, regular season team who throws up a million 3's and pray they go in.

Weve seen teams like this before, live by die by....
We were one of those teams.

LCAhmed is offline Old 11-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #8
LCAhmed
Contributing Member
LCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLCAhmed is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44232

t_mac1 is offline Old 11-05-2012, 11:02 PM   #9
t_mac1
Contributing Member
t_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the pointst_mac1 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jan 2008
Member: #29872
They're hitting like 40% of their 3s. They're like Dallas right now. They'll fall back to Earth.

tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-05-2012, 11:23 PM   #10
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Had the offseason to work with Woodson. also no stat so Melo can the star by himself like he wants. 2 of those wins are against 76ers w/no Bynum.

SacTown is offline Old 11-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #11
SacTown
SacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneSacTown is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2011
Member: #48785
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehG l i d e View Post
Had the offseason to work with Woodson. also no stat so Melo can the star by himself like he wants. 2 of those wins are against 76ers w/no Bynum.
Beating that stacked Miami team is impressive. Knicks appear to be legit.

meh is offline Old 11-06-2012, 12:00 AM   #12
meh
Contributing Member
meh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsmeh is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4868
Stopped caring about the Knicks the moment it was determined they'd give us the 16th pick.

Coban Hutton is offline Old 11-06-2012, 12:14 AM   #13
Coban Hutton
Coban Hutton is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51769
Passing the ball and shooting 3s.... hmmm, so why didn't Melo buy into MDA again?

rolyat93 is offline Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 AM   #14
rolyat93
rolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hererolyat93 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47852
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacTown View Post
Beating that stacked Miami team is impressive. Knicks appear to be legit.
Miami didn't even give a **** about that game. Did you see Lebron smiling when the game was over?

tehG l i d e is offline Old 11-06-2012, 12:29 AM   #15
tehG l i d e
tehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donetehG l i d e is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36626
Before the game Wade mentioned didn't even want to play NY because of all they were going through. Then he donated his game check to NY after. Doubt the Heat put in their full effort when the Knicks obviously did.

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:30 AM   #16
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2008
Member: #30435
Small sample size. Two out of three of their games have come against an awful Sixers team.

When the Knicks face some actual Western Conference competition, they will plummet pretty quickly. The Mavs, Spurs, Grizz, etc. are all coming up on their schedule.

Look for the Knicks fanbase to demand Woodson be fired and to yank Phil Jackson out of peaceful retirement because the Knicks are .500 again or something. It is as the prophecy has foretold per the silliest and most bipolar fans in all of sports.

LC Rox Fan is online now Old 11-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #17
LC Rox Fan
LC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineLC Rox Fan is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51664
They played some legit D last night

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:41 AM   #18
BeeBeard
BeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineBeeBeard is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC Rox Fan View Post
They played some legit D last night
Nope. They just played against the Sixers.

slickster is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:43 AM   #19
slickster
slickster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52480
Will the EC ever reach parity with the WC again?

Are NBA players really that afraid of cold weather?

BeeBeard is offline Old 11-06-2012, 03:48 AM   #20
BeeBeard
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickster View Post
Will the EC ever reach parity with the WC again?

It's doubtful. I remember researching this a long time ago, and I think we discovered that the West had a better overall record against the East since before the Pistons Bad Boys era. The East has been bad in the aggregate for decades now.

Are NBA players really that afraid of cold weather?
Most anybody would rather lose in Phoenix than drive through a dark, frozen tundra to get to a Milwaukee practice facility every day. To hell with that noise.