ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
nono is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:40 AM   #1
nono
Member
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,089
Member: #51885
    Reply With Quote
What do you guys think about making a trade for Pau Gasol ? The Lakers have a serious problem right now in that they are very old are are getting torched by the younger teams in the league. For multiple reasons, I see us being able to convince them to trade Gasol to us.

I think he will fit really well in our team. He is an excellent rebounder. Excellent post player. Plays decent defense. Worst case scenario, we can just we will have an expiring contract on our hands if we don't like him and can use this to either get Aldridge or Love in a year.

McHale has made it evident that he has no interest in developing the rookies. So why not just immediately make the trades to make this team better ? This is a young team, so the sooner the new max player plays with Harden and Lin, the better it will be for us. Gasol would instantly make us the third or 4th best team in the league and by then adding the proper role players, we can have a shot at competing. What do you guys say ?
 
Sponsored Link
MiracleShot is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #2
MiracleShot
Member
MiracleShot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMiracleShot is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,374
Member: #39391
    Reply With Quote
It'd be vetoed for "basketball reasons."
 
Geronimo is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:42 AM   #3
Geronimo
Member
Geronimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 657
Member: #52640
    Reply With Quote
Like your username, nono to Gasol.
 
xclearscreen is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:44 AM   #4
xclearscreen
Rookie
xclearscreen is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2012
Posts: 988
Member: #51972
    Reply With Quote
unfortunately, GM's around the league have already blacklisted Morey
 
kuku is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:49 AM   #5
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,147
Member: #51720
    Reply With Quote
Totally illogical.
1. Our team is too young and needs experience to become a legit title contender.
2. He is what 32? and on a decline.
3. We will not become a championship contender even with Gasol for the next 2-3 years.
3. We lose assets for trading.
 
nono is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:54 AM   #6
nono
Member
nono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodnono is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,089
Member: #51885
    Reply With Quote
So what player will we become a title contender with ? There are only so many available. Aldridge will not be traded right now, neither will Love. What choice do we have as of now? These players might be traded in a couple of years and Gasol would be a very good trade asset at that time.
 
Coban Hutton is offline Old 11-04-2012, 01:59 AM   #7
Coban Hutton
Member
Coban Hutton is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Member: #51769
    Reply With Quote
Gasol is on the decline, and I think he doesn't want to come to Houston. When he's not happy, he doesn't play with much heart.
 
Geronimo is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:01 AM   #8
Geronimo
Member
Geronimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 657
Member: #52640
    Reply With Quote
With our young core and flexibility, the Harden deal gave us an opportunity to build a dynasty...much like OKC. No sense in trading for Gasol and eat up all that cap space for us to make the it to game 6 of the second round in the playoffs for one or two seasons. Much rather wait for a young upcoming star in the offseason.
 
Naija Texan is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:02 AM   #9
Naija Texan
Member
Naija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNaija Texan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 3,041
Member: #38304
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
What do you guys think about making a trade for Pau Gasol ? The Lakers have a serious problem right now in that they are very old are are getting torched by the younger teams in the league. For multiple reasons, I see us being able to convince them to trade Gasol to us.

I think he will fit really well in our team. He is an excellent rebounder. Excellent post player. Plays decent defense. Worst case scenario, we can just we will have an expiring contract on our hands if we don't like him and can use this to either get Aldridge or Love in a year.

McHale has made it evident that he has no interest in developing the rookies. So why not just immediately make the trades to make this team better ? This is a young team, so the sooner the new max player plays with Harden and Lin, the better it will be for us. Gasol would instantly make us the third or 4th best team in the league and by then adding the proper role players, we can have a shot at competing. What do you guys say ?
Gasol has a horrible contract and plays above average at best, he would be liability to the team because like his former teammate Odom, he is soft mentally without Kobe pulling him along. Better off trading for Meta WorldPeace.
 
kuku is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:04 AM   #10
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,147
Member: #51720
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
So what player will we become a title contender with ? There are only so many available. Aldridge will not be traded right now, neither will Love. What choice do we have as of now? These players might be traded in a couple of years and Gasol would be a very good trade asset at that time.
Unless we can get Lebron James or Durant, we will not be a title contender anytime soon.

Acquire a young stud who can grow with the team is the most logical way. Haven't you read this thread??

Exercising patience (click)
 
AbrahamLincoln is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 AM   #11
AbrahamLincoln
Member
AbrahamLincoln is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Posts: 363
Member: #51026
    Reply With Quote
There still is the possibility that Bynum could walk out of Philly. To my knowledge he has not signed anything and becomes a free agent after this season. I know that he is likely to resign there but crazier Sh** has happened.
 
MambaJoe is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #12
MambaJoe
Member
MambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMambaJoe is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,217
Member: #43157
    Reply With Quote
Gasol is on a decline quickly and it would be a waste to use some of our assets and young talented players to waste

__________________
NEW AGE

No Government in our country can lawfully stifle free speech and fine those who exercise it; the NBA under present circumstances can both stifle and fine players and coaches who speak up.
 
Geronimo is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 AM   #13
Geronimo
Member
Geronimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 657
Member: #52640
    Reply With Quote
DeMarcus Cousins is on his contract year right? I'd start making calls to him ASAP and make a pitch to him. Asik doesn't need to touch the ball so Cousins will have the paint all to himself to go to work opposed to sharing the ball with Thompson and Robinson. And he's a natural 4, isn't he, so he can slide back to his natural position with us.

Lin
Harden
Parson
Cousins
Asik

In a couple of years, this could be the best starting 5 in the West for many, many years to come.
 
JuLiO-R- is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:15 AM   #14
JuLiO-R-
Contributing Member
JuLiO-R- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJuLiO-R- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineJuLiO-R- is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,150
Member: #16427
    Reply With Quote
Is Cousins really that good? Every time people talk about him it sounds like he's the next great big man. Are people just talking about his potential and the fact that he's still young? Maybe it's just me, but I haven't really seen anything from Cousins that makes me say...wow, we gotta get that guy.

__________________
Forum Theme: DARK
Show Signatures: OFF
 
kuku is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:17 AM   #15
kuku
Contributing Member
kuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boardskuku is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,147
Member: #51720
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbrahamLincoln View Post
There still is the possibility that Bynum could walk out of Philly. To my knowledge he has not signed anything and becomes a free agent after this season. I know that he is likely to resign there but crazier Sh** has happened.
He will want to sign max contract if he plays well this year. With his ailing knees, it could be Amare Statoumire 2.0. Too high of a risk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
DeMarcus Cousins is on his contract year right? I'd start making calls to him ASAP and make a pitch to him. Asik doesn't need to touch the ball so Cousins will have the paint all to himself to go to work opposed to sharing the ball with Thompson and Robinson. And he's a natural 4, isn't he, so he can slide back to his natural position with us.

Lin
Harden
Parson
Cousins
Asik

In a couple of years, this could be the best starting 5 in the West for many, many years to come.
I think it's against the league rules to contact his agent privately...not 100% sure on this.
 
Geronimo is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:18 AM   #16
Geronimo
Member
Geronimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 657
Member: #52640
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geronimo View Post
DeMarcus Cousins is on his contract year right? I'd start making calls to him ASAP and make a pitch to him. Asik doesn't need to touch the ball so Cousins will have the paint all to himself to go to work opposed to sharing the ball with Thompson and Robinson. And he's a natural 4, isn't he, so he can slide back to his natural position with us.

Lin
Harden
Parson
Cousins
Asik

In a couple of years, this could be the best starting 5 in the West for many, many years to come.
Adding to what I said, in 2 years:

Lin will probably be a 18 and 7 player, Harden will be a 25 and 5 player, Cousins will be a 22 and 10 player, Parsons will play the Shane Battier role, and Asik will be a 9 and 10 player with 2 blocks.

Make the pitch for Cousins!
 
underrated015 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:21 AM   #17
underrated015
Member
underrated015 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,001
Member: #35218
    Reply With Quote
dunno about pau, rather just develop the youngsters n see what u can do to get aldridge or cousins.
 
mike_lu is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #18
mike_lu
Member
mike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boardsmike_lu is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Feb 2006
Posts: 2,159
Member: #16422
    Reply With Quote
It's hard to trade for Gasol's contract without trading one of Lin, Harden or Asik.

For a max contract player, it'll probably have to be via free agency.
 
maizer is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:22 AM   #19
maizer
Member
maizer is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 83
Member: #52574
    Reply With Quote
If a cheap 1 year rental is possible why not? But I see a bigger chance of Boston imploding and fire selling Kevin Garnett.
 
Geronimo is offline Old 11-04-2012, 02:24 AM   #20
Geronimo
Member
Geronimo is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2012
Posts: 657
Member: #52640
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuLiO-R- View Post
Is Cousins really that good? Every time people talk about him it sounds like he's the next great big man. Are people just talking about his potential and the fact that he's still young? Maybe it's just me, but I haven't really seen anything from Cousins that makes me say...wow, we gotta get that guy.
He's 6'11" and strong and athletic for his size, could afford to lose a little weight though. Natural glass eater and his defense keeps getting better and better. Already had a post game entering the draft, but the thing is he settles for too many outside shots and he's never played with a good playmaker to give him easy looks. That whole Kings franchise has been dysfunctional though.

Based on talent, he should have been the number 1 pick.
 

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[CBS] Rockets stockpiling picks for run at Howard, Gasol (UPDATE: Not Gasol) Carl Herrera Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves 296 06-28-2012 09:19 PM
Dr. Gasol Rocketman95 NBA Dish 20 08-08-2010 11:45 AM
T-Mac-Gasol vs Kobe-Gasol RyanB NBA Dish 101 05-26-2010 12:11 PM
Marc Gasol, Pau Gasol's brother binvegas 2014 NBA Draft 2 02-10-2007 10:39 PM
Pau Gasol... alaskansnowman Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves 15 05-24-2001 01:45 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.