ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
meekg is offline Old 11-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #1
meekg
meekg is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #6205
I thought the Rockets really could have used their fresh legs tonight in that loss to Portland.

Sponsored Link
trowa is offline Old 11-03-2012, 11:29 PM   #2
trowa
trowa is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52225
mcfail is too old school

coachbadlee is offline Old 11-03-2012, 11:32 PM   #3
coachbadlee
Rookie
coachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the pointscoachbadlee is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45147
Quote:
Why aren't the rookies playing?
That's a very good question, my friend. A very good question indeed.

Hey Texans!!! Keep #1. Draft Barr!!!
"Are you kidding me??!! That's your point guard!!" Matt Bullard

houston#1 is offline Old 11-03-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
houston#1
Rookie
houston#1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Sep 2009
Member: #43462
Yeah, the rookies should have played tonight. I am not sure why McHale did not want to play the rookies. I believe rookies could have helped Rockets won tonight.

2 NBA champions for Rockets
, 4 AHL/WHA/IHL champions for Aeros, 4 WNBA champions for Comets, 2 MLS champions for Dynamo, 16 National Champions for University of Houston Golf, 2 AFL Champions for Oilers , 2005 NL Champion for Astros, 2011 AFC South Division Champion for Texans

More to come...

Pokito1120 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:02 AM   #5
Pokito1120
Pokito1120 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2012
Member: #51535
Yea McHale is old school he isnt going to play Terrence Jones before Morris...Morris is playing good though. I think he is too small at the 4 probably a nice backup to Parsons. Terrence Jones could be useful at the backup 4

allaroundplayer is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:03 AM   #6
allaroundplayer
allaroundplayer is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51307
no reason why tonight:

1. mm plays too hyper
2. pp 0 assists
3. asik can't score (why didn't he ever guard aldridge too?)
4. don't have to worry about j.j. hickson, meyers leonard or jeffries.
5. back to back game
6. add excitement to the first home game
7. jones, d-mo & white will improve the offense because the defense just swarms harden, lin & parsons.
8. let's see how they play in a regular season game before we say any of them are not ready.

RV6 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #7
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Machado and Jones need to play. I dont think white or Dmo are ready. Maybe in a blowout.

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

slickster is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:09 AM   #8
slickster
slickster is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52480
I have incredible respect for mchale's resume but his coaching moves or lack thereof, are quite confusing.

TJ doesn't have to be the second coming of Karl Malone to get 8-10 minutes. Douglas is shooting poorly enough and so inept on the offensive end to give Machado a 5-10 minute look.

Those guys may not be all world, but they're certainly good enough to give the rotation guys a quick rest.

roxxy is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:13 AM   #9
roxxy
roxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boardsroxxy is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Member: #51508
Yeah Jones needs to play. It is getting a tad bit silly not playing him.

either that or Harden is being vastly underrated by a so called Rockets fan who supposedly watched majority of the Rockets games last season where Harden night in and night out carry the Rockets offense and torch whatever defense the opposing team throws at him
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlaurelio View Post
stats are only credible if they point to jlin as the better player
Stats: Advanced Stats Primer | Basketball-Reference | Hoop Data | Team Rankings | NBA WOWY! | NBA.com (Advanced) | Vorped | Popcorn Machine | NBA Graphs

kinein is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #10
kinein
kinein is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #51768
I'm going to pose two theories.

1. Desire to test out everyone that isn't a rookie and build chemistry with the veterans.
2. The rookies just aren't doing well in Practice vs the veterans. Though I'd love to see Donatas, and the other rookies getting time in - most importantly when the starters need 5 minutes more rest.

LosPollosHermanos is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:17 AM   #11
LosPollosHermanos
LosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchLosPollosHermanos is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Aug 2009
Member: #43443
didn't people alwys bitch about Adelman when this happened?

and even JVG?

BoomTown is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #12
BoomTown
BoomTown is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46623
McHale is not good at making in game adjustments. He is essentially a spectator.

trowa is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:18 AM   #13
trowa
trowa is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Sep 2012
Member: #52225
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Beaner View Post

and even JVG?
we have a great rookie and the backup is just not as talented

EarlIII is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:21 AM   #14
EarlIII
EarlIII is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Oct 2012
Member: #52453
Maybe they're not good enough yet to play?

allaroundplayer is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #15
allaroundplayer
allaroundplayer is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51307
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaroundplayer View Post
no reason why tonight:

1. mm plays too hyper
2. pp 0 assists
3. asik can't score (why didn't he ever guard aldridge too?)
4. don't have to worry about j.j. hickson, meyers leonard or jeffries.
5. back to back game
6. add excitement to the first home game
7. jones, d-mo & white will improve the offense because the defense just swarms harden, lin & parsons.
8. let's see how they play in a regular season game before we say any of them are not ready.
9. After Harden, D-Mo is the next best scorer on the team.
10. White is the most unselfish player on the team and can set picks.
11. Jones is too talented to be on the bench.
12. Would be nice to be 3-0
13. McHale needs to forget the rotation concept.
14. Jones & D-Mo are better 3-point shooters than PP & MM.
15. Why not use your depth if you have it?

RV6 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:25 AM   #16
RV6
Contributing Member
RV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRV6 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Aug 2008
Member: #33459
Quote:
Originally Posted by True Beaner View Post

and even JVG?
We were trying to contend back then...i guess its possible the Harden trade made them believe the playoffs were within reach now, so we're back to last year...

My feeling is L̶i̶n̶ Motiejunas needs another year, but team direction has shifted and shifted hard. It goes without saying — this is going to be a very important year for J̶e̶r̶e̶m̶y̶ ̶L̶i̶n̶ Donatas Motiejunas.

TheFreak is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:27 AM   #17
TheFreak
Contributing Member
TheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemTheFreak is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #180
Because NBA coaches want to win and rookies are anti-winning. I'm sure this will continue to be asked after every game.

v3.0 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:29 AM   #18
v3.0
Contributing Member
v3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsv3.0 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jan 2005
Member: #16081
3rd game of the season.

thisiscaketown is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:47 AM   #19
thisiscaketown
thisiscaketown is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #51736
This is not the time to be playing a 9-man rotation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nono View Post
Ah there is Lin, our #1 escape goat.

teebone21 is offline Old 11-04-2012, 12:52 AM   #20
teebone21
teebone21 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Dec 2011
Member: #49861
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFreak View Post
Because NBA coaches want to win and rookies are anti-winning. I'm sure this will continue to be asked after every game.
portland has both their rookies in the lineups and getting experieince. Mcfail is just hindering their growth because all it will take is a injury to a player and they will be coming in nervous as hell