1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dynamic Duo of Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RockSC, Aug 11, 2012.

1. RockSC

RockSC Member

Now we are officially off the D12 pursuit (which I am kinda happy we didn't end up with either D12 or Injury Bynum), what is our 1-2 punch going to be like? I like Parsons' athleticism. He definitely has a good potential to develop into a good all around player. I seemed to remember he played with with Dragic on the floor last year too. Now since Lin is going to be our starting PG. This might a exciting duo to watch. What do you guys think?
    I still fee that Scola would've been a great veteran leadership in our locker room. He's a great person and hard to be replaced. Who or what type of player should Rocket pursue in the future to keep the chemistry we had for a long time and development of young players? Even though all those young players look promising from the SL, i still believe we need someone who is more experienced to lead young squad.
    Lastly, I came across Chandler Bang's video on YouTube. Man he can fly. I think he should be in dunk contest. Here is the video.
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QpljvUyke1s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

2. liveguy

liveguy Member

2nd round pick....

FIRE MOREY!!! :rolleyes:

3. CantBeRight

CantBeRight Member

Javale McGee does not approve.

4. greatpacha1

greatpacha1 Member

Parsons video got me fired up!

5. roxxy

roxxy Member

The rockets are going to be a very exciting team.

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This is unlikely to happen, but what if all the new players have a "Chandler Parsons type" rookie season?:eek::eek:

7. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Then we'll get the 9th seed and the 14 pick in the draft?

8. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

A Parsons, Patterson, Asik starting lineup really is a great defensive group.

9. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You know what i mean. If they all played up to their potential or better like Parsons did last season.

10. liveguy

liveguy Member

Gonna be some SERIOUS comp for PT.

Whoever those 2 in that starting 5 ends up being, they will have earned it.

Lin
    Martin
    ????
    ????
    Asik

11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think you can pretty much add parsons in as SF.

12. liveguy

liveguy Member

I have a feeling Jones might overtake that.

Out of respect to Pars, you start him at the beginning of the season, but I have a feeling the most slept on rox rook will have that "year" you were referring to earlier.

Parsons will still be an excellent 6th or 7th man.

13. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

Thanks for posting that vid. Sometimes it's easy to forget that our players actually aren't half bad. But it also reminds me of something I noticed during the season. That is at the beginning of the season when chandler first won the starting job, he was frequently attacking the basket without the ball, swooping in to snag a missed shot rebound and slamming it down. But once we got to about the Allstar break, I guess he was concerned with all the the little things in the game, but I never saw it again. Literally for like half the season he didn't get any put back dunks. I hope he doesnt forget about that. That's a really valuable part o what he can bring, IMO.

14. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

Chandler has such outstanding potential. If he could establish himself as an 80% FT shooter, he could up his aggressiveness to the rim even more and start stacking up points at the stripe and send his efficiency through the roof. He doesn't get to the FT line enough and I suspect it is because he doesn't want to be there. He's got the handle and the quicks to get in the paint almost at will. Sure hope he turns the corner to greatness by improving this aspect of his game.

15. roxxy

roxxy Member

His ability to move without the ball is going to be huge for next year.

16. shortylilboi

shortylilboi Member

FURKAN ALDEMIR!!

17. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

55% to an 80% FT shooter? I just don't see it happening.

1 person likes this.
  18. conquistador#11

with asskick, a healthy patsquatch and the cute one, your back court doesn't have to play outstanding d. They just have to score and at least look like they're trying to guard or jump the passing lanes.

19. M4-Nightvision

Chandler Parson and Jeremy Lamb are pretty athletes. All they have to do is run down the courst and Jeremy Lin will throw them alley oops all day. Jeremy Lin is a good alley oops passer, remind me of Gary Payton to Shawn Kemp with the Sonic old days. :grin:

Here are top 10 alley oops by Jeremy Lin last year, to Griffin, Chandler, Field, Shumpert.... check it out..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/2A144j4vxNk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Excitng times for the Houston Rockets, :grin:.. I'll be watching with my NBA League Pass:grin:

20. RockSC

RockSC Member

2:33-2:36 I think that part shows how good a passer Lin can be. Chandler received the pass at the best possible point in the air between 2 defenders. Parsons's more athletic than Fields. If we have a good defensive game I am sure we'll see a lot more alley-oops.