ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

Bulls tell Morey today they will NOT match Asik
Tags:  basketball, bulls, daryl morey, houston rockets, nba Tags
cyberx is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
cyberx
cyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: May 2006
Member: #17959
Got a text from Morey that the Bulls told him today they will not match.

Just thought I'd let the board know.

Flame me, do whatever... I don't care... Just thought I would help my passing it on.

Dave knows I am credible. Ask him.

Also said this won't affect Dwight at all.

Sponsored Link
justtxyank is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
justtxyank
Contributing Member
justtxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jul 2005
Member: #16238
I don't know whether you are credible, but Lance Z also said on twitter that sources close to Asik have said the Bulls will not match.

Quote:
Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein

Sources close to Omar Asik tell me Bulls not expected to match Rockets offer.

J.R. is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:11 AM   #3
J.R.
Contributing Member
J.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldJ.R. is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32628
Da'Rel Murray 2-2?

Still likely have to wait all the way until Monday.

OremLK is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45024
Didn't expect them to.

I hope this means a Howard/Bynum deal gets done soon since the parameters within which Morey has to work are pretty much set.

Garner is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #5
Garner
Garner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boardsGarner is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43118
Oh sh!t!

cyberx is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #6
cyberx
cyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herecyberx is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank View Post
I don't know whether you are credible, but Lance Z also said on twitter that sources close to Asik have said the Bulls will not match.
Might have the same "source"

justtxyank is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
justtxyank
Contributing Member
justtxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldjusttxyank is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
I have a question. Can the Bulls decline to match before the 3 days end or does the deadline have to expire?

fleecysphere is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:13 AM   #8
fleecysphere
fleecysphere is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2012
Member: #51322
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberx View Post
Got a text from Morey that the Bulls told him today they will not match.

Just thought I'd let the board know.

Flame me, do whatever... I don't care... Just thought I would help my passing it on.

Dave knows I am credible. Ask him.

Also said this won't affect Dwight at all.
Thanks for passing the info along. I didn't expect that at all.

By the way, for reference on OP's comment about these moves not affecting Dwight deal:

Jonathan Feigen ‏@Jonathan_Feigen
The Asik, Lin contracts will not impact talks with Magic, per source. Talks on trade for Dwight Howard have taken those deals into account.

cyberx is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #9
cyberx
Quote:
I have a question. Can the Bulls decline to match before the 3 days end or does the deadline have to expire?
They can drag it out til the very last minute, but if they know already early on, they can decline it the minute the receive it. This is the "classy" thing to do. Just common courtesy..

Prince is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
Prince
Prince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPrince is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Apr 2009
Member: #41044
Asik
Jones
Parson
Lamb
Lin

ROXTXIA is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #11
ROXTXIA
Contributing Member
ROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereROXTXIA is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Apr 2000
Member: #1409
So, if this is true, plus Howard or Bynum also, $26-$28 million tied up at center.

Maybe we should trade for a 4/5 kinda player.

Granted, Asik can be traded later. Perhaps.

justtxyank is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
justtxyank
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberx View Post
They can drag it out til the very last minute, but if they know already early on, they can decline it the minute the receive it. This is the "classy" thing to do. Just common courtesy..
Thanks. I wasn't sure if they could officially decline before the deadline or if they deadline has to pass without them accepting. Perhaps we'll get lucky and the Bulls will just decline Day 1 and we can move on to whatever else Morey is going to do.

OremLK is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #13
OremLK
OremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneOremLK is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince View Post
Asik
Jones
Parson
Lamb
Lin
Motiejunas, not Jones. WAY more upside.

I also still think we wind up with Howard or Bynum and Asik comes off the bench.

kaleidosky is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #14
kaleidosky
Contributing Member
kaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the pointskaleidosky is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3592
great to hear...thanks man. Helps confirm Zierlein if nothing else

ClutchFans 2013 Fantasy Baseball: 3-Teams per Owner Champion

justtxyank is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #15
justtxyank
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by OremLK View Post
Motiejunas, not Jones. WAY more upside.

I also still think we wind up with Howard or Bynum and Asik comes off the bench.
Probable that Asik has to start to begin the season.

SWTsig is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #16
SWTsig
Contributing Member
SWTsig is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSWTsig is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSWTsig is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSWTsig is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSWTsig is James Harden -- racking up the pointsSWTsig is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9956
if we pick up lin, asik and trade for dwight and can somehow manage to keep at least 3 of the dmo/lamb/white/parsons/jones combo this team will be very exciting.

OremLK is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #17
OremLK
Quote:
Probable that Asik has to start to begin the season.
If it's Howard, rather than Bynum. But fair point.

LonghornFan is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #18
LonghornFan
Contributing Member
LonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsLonghornFan is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7178
We can finally move on from this.

davidio840 is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #19
davidio840
Contributing Member
davidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heredavidio840 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2010
Member: #46697
Well if the Bulls already say they won't match.. Maybe we can restructure his contract like Lins except do it where it is a more front loaded so it doesn't hamper our future cap space?

Can the Rockets completely change the contract for less money?

HMMMHMM is offline Old 07-18-2012, 10:18 AM   #20
HMMMHMM
Contributing Member
HMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemHMMMHMM is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47207
Awesome if true.