ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-17-2012, 08:21 PM   #1
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Is on my Morey-get-her-done list.

Sponsored Link
aelliott is offline Old 03-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
aelliott
Contributing Member
aelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchaelliott is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 1999
Member: #542
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
Is on my Morey-get-her-done list.
Yes he looked very good. Really good handles and passing ability. He was the best player on the floor today which is quite impressive considering the talent that Kentucky has.

Manny Ramirez is offline Old 03-17-2012, 09:49 PM   #3
Manny Ramirez
Contributing Member
Manny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereManny Ramirez is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jul 2001
Member: #2946
Rolls Royce White is a beast; loved seeing him take it coast to coast and throw it down. I would LOVE for the Rockets to get him.

"'Trane was the Father...Pharoah was the son...I am the Holy Ghost." - Albert Ayler

Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
The guy has really some impressive skills for a 6'8'' 270 lb PF.

By the way, the Rockets should have some extra insider info on White, given that his college head coach is...

who played for and worked as an Assistant GM with

Old Man Rock is offline Old 03-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #5
Old Man Rock
Contributing Member
Old Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #913
Quote:
The guy has really some impressive skills for a 6'8'' 270 lb PF.

By the way, the Rockets should have some extra insider info on White, given that his college head coach is...

who played for and worked as an Assistant GM with
[/IMG]
Yeah but the insider info is his got this anxiety disorder that makes him exhausted when he flies. His gramps drove him to Kentucky to avoid the anxiety attack. Thats a major issue but this kids got off the wall energy. Great handles great passer great rebounder great hustler below average shooter and out of control with a high turnover ratio and no hops. He could be another Chuck Hayes type player off the bench. The type of guy you like at the end of the bench. He seems a little psycho, but he has some similar skills to Twill but with heart. Still I think his I think he is a Moneyball type player that could be had with a middle second rounder and surprise.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-18-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Interesting about his anxiety disorder. Also read about the legal problems that forced him to transfer from Minnesota. The question I have (which hopefully Hoiberg knows) is how concerned a pro team really should be about taking this guy.

As for his draft position, Jonathan Givony at Draftexpress.com had him projected as a late 1st rounder for 2013 but tweeted today that White helped himself significantly today in terms of the draft. So, perhaps he will come out for 2012, but who knows. If the Rockets gets that Dallas pick (21st-30th) or is able to buy a pick, I'd consider him (though there are, of course plenty of talent in this draft).

Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Seems Royce White and Fred Hoiberg are close:

Quote:
Was Saturday Royce Whites last game as the star of the Iowa State basketball team?

I dont know yet, he said after scoring 23 points and grabbing nine rebounds in an 87-71 loss against Kentucky in the NCAA South Regional. Ill just wait until after the season, talk to coach see what he thinks and leave it in his hands.

I trust him.
http://www.desmoinesregister.com/art...egister.com%29

Geaux Rockets is offline Old 03-18-2012, 11:46 AM   #8
Geaux Rockets
Geaux Rockets is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2007
Member: #25993
Very intriguing prospect, I love his skillset. Best comparison Ive seen for him is Not Fat Boris Diaw, but if he can ever develop a quality jump shot his ceiling is ridiculously high. He's gotta keep his head on straight though, too, and who knows if he'll do that.

Old Man Rock is offline Old 03-18-2012, 11:54 AM   #9
Old Man Rock
Contributing Member
Old Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchOld Man Rock is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #913
Quote:
Interesting about his anxiety disorder. Also read about the legal problems that forced him to transfer from Minnesota. The question I have (which hopefully Hoiberg knows) is how concerned a pro team really should be about taking this guy.

As for his draft position, Jonathan Givony at Draftexpress.com had him projected as a late 1st rounder for 2013 but tweeted today that White helped himself significantly today in terms of the draft. So, perhaps he will come out for 2012, but who knows. If the Rockets gets that Dallas pick (21st-30th) or is able to buy a pick, I'd consider him (though there are, of course plenty of talent in this draft).
Wow I wouldn't have projected him that high with his anxiety disorder and legal issues. If flying is that big of a deal for him that his Grandpa had to drive him from Iowa ro Kentucky got to wonder about how he's going to handle flying 3 times a week in the NBA.

Still I really do like his energy and he is young developing a 3 will almost defintiely happen. Leonard did it and almost no one believed he could. I think almost everything he does will transfer to the NBA. Plus we have insider access with Hoiberg to get the real skinny. I see no reason why he can't play the 3 in the NBA. He's a much better passer and has better handles than Morris. He actually could turn out to be what he hoped to see in Morris. So I agree, I like this kid and as a late first rounder I would take a look.

Rashmon is offline Old 03-18-2012, 12:31 PM   #10
Rashmon
Contributing Member
Rashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsRashmon is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jun 2000
Member: #1537
He sounds intriguing.

Unless that was a misprint earlier, projecting him as a SF at 270 lbs is odd; seems like he would have a hard time keeping up with SF's.

Unfortunately, he sounds like an undersized PF at 6'8, but we've seen that is easier to mitigate than the lack of SF quickness at 270 lbs.

Thanks for posting this info in here as this is the only time of year I follow college ball in anticipation of the NBA draft.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #11
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Rockets View Post
Very intriguing prospect, I love his skillset. Best comparison Ive seen for him is Not Fat Boris Diaw, but if he can ever develop a quality jump shot his ceiling is ridiculously high. He's gotta keep his head on straight though, too, and who knows if he'll do that.
He actually looks more like Fat Boris Diaw. But he hustles.

Clutch is offline Old 03-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #12
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
No highlights posted?

He's lacking the height you want to see in a power forward, but he looks bulky and gets a lot of praise for his versatility. Top recruit that ran into problems with his first college (Minnesota) and that could contribute to bumping him down, but he's really contributing. I could see Morey following him closely.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

CometsWin is offline Old 03-18-2012, 01:52 PM   #13
CometsWin
Contributing Member
CometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCometsWin is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: May 2000
Member: #1451
Two more inches and I think he's a top five pick. He looked damn good against Kentucky, that's for sure.

rocketblaze is offline Old 03-18-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
rocketblaze
rocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finerocketblaze is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2009
Member: #41757
IDK ... As it stands now, we're going to have three 4's on the roster next year with Donatas Motiejunas coming over. The only way I see us drafting a guy like Royce White, is if either Morey believes he's an upgrade over our current 4's (unlikely) or if we move one of either Scola or Pat in a trade on draft night.

Noob Cake is offline Old 03-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #15
Noob Cake
Noob Cake is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2008
Member: #30906
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geaux Rockets View Post
Does he really have Boris Diaw handles?

That man has the best handles for an NBA big.

soupman is offline Old 03-18-2012, 03:02 PM   #16
soupman
soupman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5513
There is no NBA comparison to Royce White. He is much stronger than Diaw, with legitimate interior footwork on both offense and defense. He can pass like Diaw and a younger Antoine Walker, but knows his shooting range better than those two. His handles are fantastic for a big man. I think it would be a mistake to play him at the 3 if the club has a legitimate center. He would create tremendous mismatches catching the ball on the perimeter if he could improve his jumper and he has the body and skill set to play defense against bigger power forwards. And that motor...

Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #17
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noob Cake View Post
Does he really have Boris Diaw handles?

That man has the best handles for an NBA big.
See the highlight posted by Clutch? The man has high level handles.

Carl Herrera is online now Old 03-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #18
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketblaze View Post
IDK ... As it stands now, we're going to have three 4's on the roster next year with Donatas Motiejunas coming over. The only way I see us drafting a guy like Royce White, is if either Morey believes he's an upgrade over our current 4's (unlikely) or if we move one of either Scola or Pat in a trade on draft night.
Remember, the Rockets don't give a damn about positional needs when it comes to the draft.

asmith8266 is offline Old 03-18-2012, 04:15 PM   #19
asmith8266
asmith8266 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodasmith8266 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24507
The guy isn't a power forward. He's a point guard. One who creates a HUGE mismatch for opposing teams. It's funny people are bringing up Diaw because when he first came to the league with Atlanta he played point guard. That is until he got fat as hell.

soupman is offline Old 03-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #20
soupman
soupman is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5513
White will not play point guard in the NBA. The NBA point guard today is too quick and he would be killed defending man-to-man on the perimeter.