ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Hangout > BBS Hangout

Bank of America to Charge for Debit Cards
Tags:  bad credit check, boston bank heist, come at me bank, credit union, death to bac, yahoo Tags
Blake is offline Old 11-01-2011, 03:05 PM   #101
Blake
Contributing Member
Blake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneBlake is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Apr 2003
Member: #11706
Who cares about a $5 debit card monthly fee? this bank just moved the majority of it's derivitave exposures from the holding company and into it's banking entity...putting their (YOUR/MY) $1 trillion in deposits at risk vs. their derivitaves ($73 trillion) contracts.

Have fun waiting on the FDIC, which itself is basically bankrupt, to give every BOA customer their money at the same time once this POS goes belly up

In the process of closing my accounts...just takes so long when you have so much automatically taken out (bills, loans, etc...)

Sponsored Link
Dubious is offline Old 11-01-2011, 03:18 PM   #102
Dubious
Contributing Member
Dubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemDubious is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2674
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Who cares about a $5 debit card monthly fee?
Bank of America Derivatives Transfer Draws Lawmaker Scrutiny
November 01, 2011, 2:52 AM EDT

http://www.businessweek.com/news/201...-scrutiny.html

I would appreciate if you could boil that down to a a WTF for me.

Oh, you did? I still don't understand.

Phillyrocket is offline Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #103
Phillyrocket
Phillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePhillyrocket is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4640
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Riley View Post
Sorry if these are noob questions... but are there any downsides to credit unions? And what do you look for in picking a good one; are they all the same? And lastly, anyone have experience with USAA? Upsides to it?
I use USAA banking and LOVE them. Refund on ATMs, my direct deposit shows up that morning instead of that evening, FREE checking, you can deposit checks at any UPS store or online with a scanner. Only problem is if you need to deposit cash. No can do.

CUs are non profits, member owned. FREE checking no BS. Lower fees for overdrafts and you can just go to the branch to get them to reverse them in my experience anyway.

DEATH TO BAC!!!

Lil Pun is offline Old 11-03-2011, 06:33 AM   #104
Lil Pun
Contributing Member
Lil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereLil Pun is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Oct 1999
Member: #827
I bank at Regions, one of the banks who announced a monthly fee ($4) for debit card usage. Well, I received an email this morning stating that we spoke and they listened. They have eliminated the fee as of November 1 and will refund fees from October.

BOA to follow?

TreeRollins is offline Old 11-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #105
TreeRollins
Contributing Member
TreeRollins is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTreeRollins is Omer Asik -- working the boardsTreeRollins is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Pun View Post
BOA to follow?
BOA already backed off on this

Deckard is offline Old 11-03-2011, 10:38 AM   #106
Deckard
Contributing Member
Deckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDeckard is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillyrocket View Post

I use USAA banking and LOVE them. Refund on ATMs, my direct deposit shows up that morning instead of that evening, FREE checking, you can deposit checks at any UPS store or online with a scanner. Only problem is if you need to deposit cash. No can do.

CUs are non profits, member owned. FREE checking no BS. Lower fees for overdrafts and you can just go to the branch to get them to reverse them in my experience anyway.

DEATH TO BAC!!!
I use USAA as well, and agree. Great for car loans and the like, and they have yet to raise the interest charge on the credit card I have through them, which is still around 8%, with a high limit. Outstanding service.

KingCheetah is offline Old 11-03-2011, 10:44 AM   #107
KingCheetah
Contributing Member
KingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4419
NOT SO FAST BOA.