ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Podcast: Talking Rockets Depth, Trade Possibilities with David Weiner


Go Back   ClutchFans > Sports > Other Sports

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
UEFA Champions League 2011-2012
Tags:  2012, manchester united, soccer, uefa Tags
AroundTheWorld is offline Old 08-28-2011, 01:04 PM   #41
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Posts: 34,991
Member: #1115
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamFisher View Post
LIke last year when Man U had to fight past a mid table place german team in the semis...woohoo! seeding!
Schalke only kicked out the defending champions Inter in the previous round, destroying them 5-2 in Milan.

Once again, SamFisher trying to sound clever while displaying ignorance.

__________________
The poster formerly known as Sir Jackie Chiles.

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!
 
Sponsored Link
Someguy1229 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 01:05 PM   #42
Someguy1229
Member
Someguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,842
Member: #42682
    Reply With Quote
Group F will be very interesting to watch, no clear winners in that group.

__________________
I miss Yao.
 
Sano611 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 01:07 PM   #43
Sano611
Member
Sano611 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Posts: 45
Member: #37551
    Reply With Quote
total ownage in man utd v arse, wenger needs to spend, spend, spend before he gets the boot
 
Mattj is offline Old 08-28-2011, 01:09 PM   #44
Mattj
Member
Mattj is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMattj is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineMattj is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: May 2002
Posts: 647
Member: #4162
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sano611 View Post
total ownage in man utd v arse, wenger needs to spend, spend, spend before he gets the boot
Man United just outscored the San Francisco 49ers 8-7.
 
Yung-T is offline Old 08-28-2011, 01:50 PM   #45
Yung-T
Member
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,207
Member: #40202
    Reply With Quote
8-2 oh my effin gaaawd.
Wenger needs to spend ~150milli or Arsenal are D.O.N.E.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.


CF Draft:

 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 02:45 PM   #46
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
Ferrari you needin too much lines for small, not fact-based content and repeatin yourself.

1. Basically you can admit you don't like City and their players and therefore can not argue 100% unbiased.

2. Lettin Balotelli go had nothing to do with his talent but his struggles with the management, other players and the fans.v If he was white and not a psycho he had potential as their franchise player.

3. When I'm saying City are contenders for all titles I relate that to their starting 11 and bench, conclusion is Milan and Inter aren't favourites for any itnernational title. What part of that doesn't make sense? Tell me, please, because you always go out but dismiss points but don't actually reply to thoughts you don't like.

4. Everyone believes Milan's midfield can't compete with the best teams in the world, yes that incldues Bayern, ManU, City, ... They never looked good against high pressure teams(Tottenham last year, dismissin that?)

5. Bein garbage in the Copa of course has to do a bit with it as Robinho had mediocre performances too often with Milan, too. And his form right now doesn't seem anywhere fitting his potential.

6. Cesar can't really be called one of the great keepers looking at his past season and CL performances, you can exploit him with long shots and everybody knows this. Lucio is aging and you can see it on the pitch, again, why is that wrong? In a weak Italian league that might not be exploited as much as in the top leagues.

7. I mention like 15 players and all you come up with are Bridge and Milner and that is your whole argument about theit depth? Two players, really?

8. Yes you have some names, but they can be all dismissed talent-wise.

9. Please don't reply with 100+ sentences again if you don't have much to say.

I swear it's like arguing with a 14 yr old that has ADHD. The way you're running around bringing up points that have ZERO to do with the original argument is hilarious.

The gall of you, Mr. "you're not an objective observer because you call Man. City, CITEH" is beyond ridiculous. Especially as it shows either a lack of familiarity with the game as much as you'd like to claim it be the opposite.
Non-fact based content. Well I guess you choose to see and hear what you want but keep believing that young lad.

1. You won't find any journo in England right now that will claim to be 100% unbiased as it pertains to City since most are galled by their recent spending.
My dislike for City doesn't stop me from taking the blinders off. I dislike them so much yet I can honestly say they have a more talented and deeper side than my United side. But yet I'm so biased I can't admit they have a deeper and stronger side than Milan and Inter? O-k buddy.

2. Kiddo, I never said they let Balo go because he was untalented. (I personally feel he's overrated). I don't give two f#cks why they let him go, that wasn't the issue. I said do you really think if he moves to Milan he would displace Zlatan and Pato up front? Before you even answer, if you say yes then we might as well ignore each other because your futbol naivete (or stupidity) would be showing.

3. I swear it really is like arguing with a 14 yr old. You tell me I "dismiss points but don't actually reply to thoughts you don't like. " yet you're the Einstein that didn't properly read my comments about Balo and then conveniently ignored the crux of my statement in which I state if he weren't back to Milan, he wouldn't displace Zlatan or Pato.
Who gives a f#ck if City are favourites for the Rin Tin Tin trophy or the Premiership?? THAT'S NOT THE ISSUE!!!! I never said they weren't favourites for anything but if you want to say stuff like "Milan and Inter aren't favourites for any international title" while City is(and I presume you're referring to the Champions League) then you need to stop smoking or drinking or whatever the heck you're doing mate. City are favourites for the Champions League but Milan and Inter aren't? Sure buddy. Keep bringing out the nuggets. Check your local bookies mate. City, Milan and Inter are up there with United, Madrid, Barca, Bayern and Chelsea to win the Champions league so it's insulting to say they aren't favourites to win any international title yet City are.

3. I'm sorry, so City are now one of the best teams in the world alongside Man. United, Bayern and Barca, etc? I understand they won the FA cup last year and have a loaded squad this year but don't they have to actually win their league to be up there with all those other teams? Milan's midfield can't compete with Barca or Madrid's midfield but they'd sure give United, Bayern and City a proper go. I'm not too sure who the "everyone" you're referring to could be but you and your school friends don't count mate.

4. As I said, I can list out the Argentine and Brazilian players that were rubbish in the Copa America. It means squat. Saying that, I can still admit that Robinho has been average(for all his talent) since his City days.

5. Actually, Julio Cesar CAN BE and IS still considered one of the best goalkeepers in the world by press, managers and players despite his season last year. You know why? Just like every other goalkeeper in consideration for that title, he's had his fair share of bad moments but there is not one, ZERO, no manager in the world that wouldn't have him #1 on their list of goalkeepers to sign if (1) they needed a keeper and (2) Inter made him available.

6. Once again, don't just skim but actually read. Another reason for young kids to take education seriously. I mentioned Gareth Barry, Joleon Lescott, Micah Richards, Shaun Wright Phillips, James Milner, Wayne Bridge and Adam Johnson yet you conveniently pick Milner and Bridge to mention. Don't drink while reading or typing son.

7. Well then , if the names I mentioned can be dismissed talent wise then dare I say so can the names I just mentioned, once again, above.

8. Please don't bother replying if you don't
(a)Understand the argument
(b) properly read before responding
(c) Address all the facts as opposed to picking and choosing what to respond to.

Cheers Mate.
 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 02:48 PM   #47
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
PS Of course I know what the Three Lions are, but they died 27.06.2010 and never returned.

HAHA. Totes funny.

To be honest the Three Lions died when Steve McLaren took over.
Also, in case it wasn't comprehended, it was in response to the brilliant thought that since my moniker was Ferrari then I just had to, had to, be a fan of the Italian teams hence my sticking up for them.
 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 02:52 PM   #48
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sano611 View Post
total ownage in man utd v arse, wenger needs to spend, spend, spend before he gets the boot

Yes but that requires him to be able to make up his mind as to who he should buy. He and Gazidis just seem out of it and I figure Arsenal fans are reminiscing about David Dein right now and rocking themselves to thoughts of Ian Wright and Bergkamp up front and the English back four of Dixon, Nigel, Adams and Keown. Glory days indeed.

They need Ancelotti sooner rather than later.
 
Yung-T is offline Old 08-28-2011, 04:46 PM   #49
Yung-T
Member
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,207
Member: #40202
    Reply With Quote
Ferrari, you really don't seem to know what objective debating and replying is.

1. When you said "Last time I checked didn't Inter sell Balo for €21 to Man. City???" that of course is a clear indication of you having the thought that he's bad compared to Pato, Ibra or Robinho. You dismiss it but continue with insulting him with "pothead", "(I personally feel he's overrated)".

"do you really think if he moves to Milan he would displace Zlatan and Pato up front? Before you even answer, if you say yes then we might as well ignore each other because your futbol naivete (or stupidity) would be showing."

Why is that ridiculous? Maybe he can't fully replace Ibra, but Pato or Robinho? What speaks against it in terms of talent and abilities? Nothing. How can you say I'm arguing like a 14 year old and nitpicking when you clearly kill your own replies all by yourself with insults that show you clearly hate the player instead of bringing up points to back up your thoughts?

2. ""Milan and Inter aren't favourites for any international title" while City is(and I presume you're referring to the Champions League) then you need to stop smoking or drinking or whatever the heck you're doing mate. City are favourites for the Champions League but Milan and Inter aren't? Sure buddy. Keep bringing out the nuggets. Check your local bookies mate."

Again, you didn't go deep or evaluate their roster and past games. It's by no means dumb or drug-related to dismiss Milan and Inter as CL favourites. Looking at their performances in their league and in CL their is no way you can say they're up there with the best teams in Europe. Go ahead and say I'm high, but show me any fact or performance against International Clubs that shows the slightest impression that they could contend with the top tier teams. There is none. I see you like these clubs, but simply saying they have the same talent and ambitions is laughable, even their own die-hard fans see the truth.

3. How can you say I'm skimming when you just blatantly mention the five worst guys on their roster, disvalue Milner who had very great performances in the past and use that as your only argument why their roster ain't better than Milan or Inter? Even without their bench City's level of talent is above the other two teams. Thinking fact- and performance-wise there is just no way you can really believe Milan or Inter have the same roster-talent or CL ambitions if you are deep into football and watch these teams regularly. Otherwise you simply can't evaluate modern football.

4. Your 8th point is laughable considering you nitpick my statements and don't even follow my flow of arguments, which all are objective. Saying my replies are off and are ZERO response to your points is flat out mind-boggling considering I'm always replying to your actual points and key arguments.

You destroy your own points that are aiming at my comprehension/debating skills(see my point #1 about your Balotelli posts). Comparing arguing to me vs. arguing with a 14 year old is retarted, I can clearly dismiss your points and show that you never reply without purely biased/not defendable points.

5. "Another reason for young kids to take education seriously."

I know where I graduated, I know my IQ, I know that I'm good at debating with people that are on a high intellectual level.

You dismiss points without facing them and try to win by insulting me, tryin to make fun of/bash points that you interpret false and can't reply to properly or withotu flaws in your logic.
You try to look good with fake rhetoric that is used in the wrong situations and in a misleading way.

"You are high" isn't really an intelligent or educated way of debating when I'm bringin up things that the majority of experts would agree with while you just say "I feel like Balotelli is overrated" "dumb pothead" or "Of course they are on the level of the best teams, you're drinkin too much" without having any real content that backs it up.


If you can't reply to this by discussing my points without insults or actual facts that prove your thoughts, please be quiet.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.


CF Draft:

 
Jontro is offline Old 08-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #50
Jontro
Member
Jontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJontro is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 2010
Posts: 16,177
Member: #45137
    Reply With Quote
Yung-T and ferrarri77 are outdoing each other. Maybe you two can exchange emails and work things out through that?

Now on a lighter note: LOL at Arsenal! Btw, I have a 7 year old nephew who's a killer with the ball. I wonder if Wenger will sign him up for first team ball. I would sell the club now if I were the majority owner before the team's worth hits an all time low. It would do them well to take a page out of Mike Ashley's mistakes. Sell it to some Arab trillionaire NOW and let them worry about it. Honestly that's the only way I think Arsenal would ever bounce back.

__________________
YNWA
Speak the truth, but leave immediately after -Slovenian proverb
 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 06:36 PM   #51
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
Ferrari, you really don't seem to know what objective debating and replying is.

1. When you said "Last time I checked didn't Inter sell Balo for €21 to Man. City???" that of course is a clear indication of you having the thought that he's bad compared to Pato, Ibra or Robinho. You dismiss it but continue with insulting him with "pothead", "(I personally feel he's overrated)".

"do you really think if he moves to Milan he would displace Zlatan and Pato up front? Before you even answer, if you say yes then we might as well ignore each other because your futbol naivete (or stupidity) would be showing."

Why is that ridiculous? Maybe he can't fully replace Ibra, but Pato or Robinho? What speaks against it in terms of talent and abilities? Nothing. How can you say I'm arguing like a 14 year old and nitpicking when you clearly kill your own replies all by yourself with insults that show you clearly hate the player instead of bringing up points to back up your thoughts?

2. ""Milan and Inter aren't favourites for any international title" while City is(and I presume you're referring to the Champions League) then you need to stop smoking or drinking or whatever the heck you're doing mate. City are favourites for the Champions League but Milan and Inter aren't? Sure buddy. Keep bringing out the nuggets. Check your local bookies mate."

Again, you didn't go deep or evaluate their roster and past games. It's by no means dumb or drug-related to dismiss Milan and Inter as CL favourites. Looking at their performances in their league and in CL their is no way you can say they're up there with the best teams in Europe. Go ahead and say I'm high, but show me any fact or performance against International Clubs that shows the slightest impression that they could contend with the top tier teams. There is none. I see you like these clubs, but simply saying they have the same talent and ambitions is laughable, even their own die-hard fans see the truth.

3. How can you say I'm skimming when you just blatantly mention the five worst guys on their roster, disvalue Milner who had very great performances in the past and use that as your only argument why their roster ain't better than Milan or Inter? Even without their bench City's level of talent is above the other two teams. Thinking fact- and performance-wise there is just no way you can really believe Milan or Inter have the same roster-talent or CL ambitions if you are deep into football and watch these teams regularly. Otherwise you simply can't evaluate modern football.

4. Your 8th point is laughable considering you nitpick my statements and don't even follow my flow of arguments, which all are objective. Saying my replies are off and are ZERO response to your points is flat out mind-boggling considering I'm always replying to your actual points and key arguments.

You destroy your own points that are aiming at my comprehension/debating skills(see my point #1 about your Balotelli posts). Comparing arguing to me vs. arguing with a 14 year old is retarted, I can clearly dismiss your points and show that you never reply without purely biased/not defendable points.

5. "Another reason for young kids to take education seriously."

I know where I graduated, I know my IQ, I know that I'm good at debating with people that are on a high intellectual level.

You dismiss points without facing them and try to win by insulting me, tryin to make fun of/bash points that you interpret false and can't reply to properly or withotu flaws in your logic.
You try to look good with fake rhetoric that is used in the wrong situations and in a misleading way.

"You are high" isn't really an intelligent or educated way of debating when I'm bringin up things that the majority of experts would agree with while you just say "I feel like Balotelli is overrated" "dumb pothead" or "Of course they are on the level of the best teams, you're drinkin too much" without having any real content that backs it up.


If you can't reply to this by discussing my points without insults or actual facts that prove your thoughts, please be quiet.

You seem to fancy yourself as some sort of debate savant mate, but when I read your responses on here I seem to be missing something.

1. This is why I mention the value of an education. I state "Last time I checked didn't Inter sell Balo for €21 to Man. City???" You, the Football and debate doyen, decide to infer that I meant "he's bad compared to Pato, Ibra or Robinho." No kiddo, I wasn't comparing him to any Milan players. I was comparing him to the talent available up front at Inter. He wouldn't have been a regular 1st team choice at Inter if he remained. He would have continued getting bit appearances as a sub but he wouldn't displace any of the other strikers. Same thing at Milan now. He wouldn't displace Zlatan or Pato and would have to pray one of them got injured. What speaks against it in terms of talent and abilities? You're obviously having a laugh if you want to compare his talent and ability with that of Pato. How can I say you're arguing like a 14 yr old? Easy ! By virtue of you ducking and dodging various points you are arguing like a 14 yr old. Aww poor me. I'm killing my own replies by myself with insults that show I dislike (not Hate-FYI those are two different words my son) Balo. Calling him an overrated hothead isn't an insult. It's a debate as to whether he's overrated-ask many Inter fans, English fans and those in Ghana. Calling him a hothead isn't an insult. It's a straight up fact that's staring you in the face. Then again, you do choose to ignore those while conveniently pulling a slight of hand by telling others they're ignoring facts. Well done kid.


2.This my son is why I ask if you're high or drinking. I put their roster up in front of you. Complete with starters and subs but apparently I didn't evaluate their roster to your liking. Oh my! Looking at their performances in the league and CL there is no way I can say they're up there with the best in Europe? Actually I could and I am. Apparently you've forgotten what team won the league last season and what team won the Champions League in the 2010 calendar year. FYI it's 2011, 1 year on. I believe that's what's called a fact but I'll leave that up to your discretion kiddo. I place no bearing on what their own die-hard fans think because if they're anything like myself, a United fan, Marc Stein, a city fan or my other acquaintances that follow other major teams that aren't called Barcelona, pessimism abounds. If you ask me every year I'll tell you a million flaws I see with United and why they can't win this or that but of course I hope they win everything on offer. So because their die-hard fans feel their team isn't strong isn't exactly great support to your argument. Once again, please read. I have no love for Inter or Milan but I'm calling it like I see it. As to this point once again-it's beyond silly and naive to dismiss Milan and Inter as Champions league favourites. The betmakers aren't, hence the reason they have Milan and Inter up there after the heavyweights like Barca, Madrid and United and alongside the Bayerns, Chelsea's and City's of the world. Feel free to ask the manager at your local Football club or the local soccer writers in your town because I'm quite willing to bet they won't be as dismissive as you.

3.It's not my fault that 3 of their five worst players regularly start and the other two make regular appearances off the bench. Your only argument as to Milan and Inter's players is to state the fact that they're aging, as if that's been known to prevent a player from still being a great player. The talent is still there and no one in their right mind would pick Lescott over an aging Nesta(when healthy) or Lucio.
Even WITH their bench, City's "level of talent" or simply talent in their squad is not better or above that at Milan or Inter. Thinking fact-and performance wise itsy pretty easy to believe that Milan and Inter have similar depth and just as important similar if not greater Champions League ambitions CONSIDERING THEIR HISTORIES!

4. Aww poor child. Did I hurt you with my 8th point? If you follow then you'll see it was in response to your 9th point since too many words and sentences seem to hurt your head. Follow your flow of arguments? Son you may want to go back and re-read the thread. I've answered every issue you've brought up yet you've picked which points to respond to in prior posts. Funny how you say "All your arguments are objective". So says the objective writer of said points/posts, huh? Once again I've got to wonder if you really know what thread you're on since you seem to believe you've replying to my actual points and key arguments. I guess the main word in that is key since obviously you deem some as key and the others not as necessary to respond to. Good job son.

5. Once again, let's have a big awwwwww! You know where you graduated and your IQ? A solid golf clap for you sir. Perhaps a refund should be requested on your part. Or not that's up to you kiddo. Glad you know you're good at debating with people on a high intellectual level, I relish that as well but from your responses on here, I wonder if those with high intellect on the other side of the debate table are getting a fair exchange when debating you. I'm just saying.

6. Once again, you're showing your talent as a CF Gob Bluth. I'm dismissing points without facing them yet you know doubt have faced and responded to every point and that bad CF member Ferrari is just passing those points by, insulting you and making fun of points that I deem false. Last time I checked son, I've responded to EVERY single one of your points properly, with facts and from my vantage point, no logical flaws but I'll leave it up to you the debate virtuoso.
Love being called out for "fake rhetoric" by the person using that and then being told I'm using it in a misleading way. I'm sure you would know sir, I'm sure you would know.

7.Actually dear boy, "You are high" is just me showing my concern for your possible use of recreational drugs while debating on this forum on a topic it appears you're out of your depth on. You saying that you're "bringin(I think there's a 'g' at the end of that) up things that the majority of experts would agree with" is beyond laughable. Feel free to respond AFTER you've had a chat with a number of experts, and bring me their responses because I'm doing the same thing and I'll be glad to provide you with the info necessary to contact my Football experts about their responses once I get them to you.
Without a doubt I called Balotelli overrated and that as I mentioned is a point of contention amongst fans around the world. It's not an insult against him but rather moreso as to the staff on various teams in his past and present deeming him worthy of the extra attention being shelled on him.
The rest of your statement backs up my questions as to your comprehension skills and mental aptitude. NOWHERE on this thread did I call Balo a "Pothead" (Somehow I don't think the 'P' key is next to the 'H' key) yet you attribute that to me. You're a smashing lad, simply smashing.
As I've mentioned already, I've posted a number of fact based statements supporting my argument but feel free to see what you want to see.

If you can't reply to this WITH actual facts that back up YOUR thoughts like I've done with mine then feel free to walk away with your tail between your legs. Your weak argument isn't really improving and sans your "experts" backing you up then you're wasting my time reading various posts in which you pick and choose what to respond to as if you're at the local buffet table.

If YOU can't reply to this because of the jabs in my post that cause such hurt to you then I'll have to check my Give-a-f#ck-O-meter and see what I'm feeling.

 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 06:43 PM   #52
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jontro View Post
Yung-T and ferrarri77 are outdoing each other. Maybe you two can exchange emails and work things out through that?

Now on a lighter note: LOL at Arsenal! Btw, I have a 7 year old nephew who's a killer with the ball. I wonder if Wenger will sign him up for first team ball. I would sell the club now if I were the majority owner before the team's worth hits an all time low. It would do them well to take a page out of Mike Ashley's mistakes. Sell it to some Arab trillionaire NOW and let them worry about it. Honestly that's the only way I think Arsenal would ever bounce back.
Ha bruv. It's such a lovely meaningful discussion I'm having with the young man.


Don't they already have Stan Kroenke in charge? No way he sells now. I do wonder though if he'll start putting pressure on Gazidis and Wenger. I getta believe AW gets till the end of the season(unless similar thrashings happen at the hands of the other big boys).
They really need AW to change his mentality re. transfers and potential signings. It was so bad how could one not feel sorry for them? (apart from Spurs fans who are probably laughing hysterically, despite their team losing to City almost as badly).


Funny you bring up Mike Ashley. That tosspot is still running things at Newcastle isn't he? I feel for Newcastle fans. Good start though.
 
AroundTheWorld is offline Old 08-28-2011, 08:04 PM   #53
AroundTheWorld
Contributing Member
AroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldAroundTheWorld is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2000
Posts: 34,991
Member: #1115
    Reply With Quote
Not sure what you two are fighting about.

Can we just all agree that SamFisher is an idiot and move on with the thread?

Thank you.

__________________
The poster formerly known as Sir Jackie Chiles.

comment removed

OCCUPY UNSORTED!
KEEP UNSORTED ALIVE!
 
Yung-T is offline Old 08-28-2011, 09:10 PM   #54
Yung-T
Member
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,207
Member: #40202
    Reply With Quote
Again don't really see your points man. You're simply sayin they are up there with City talent-wise and performance-wise while winning in Italy but gettin killed by Schalke and Tottenham isn't really a way of showing greatness. Also don't see how you really replied without just bringing up your feelings towards them, mentioning their history is by no means a fact that justifies calling them contenders for CL. You mention facts but all you have is history and winning in a washed down league while City has one of the highest valued rosters and has been tremendous for months now. How is that zero content? If you need 50 sentences to repeat yourself and bring up claims that are simply false and trying to look good with simplistic phrases like "aawwww poor kid" blabla then it's just sad and I definitely can't see how you think you win this argument when all your posts have the same theories that lack substance or logic. Neither did I say I was hurt by your idiotic replies or the number of words. Just told you about the waste of space when you have nothing to say. Quality wins over quantity. Facts win over phrases.
You think you're an expert but all your points for Inter and Milan hide the fact that they had p... poor performances last season and their roster isn't top notch anymore. You really think any person in the world would choose Seedorf, Ambrosini, Flamini, van Bommel and Gattuso over Nasri, Silva, Milner, Toure, Johnson, De Jong?
The whole topic can be dumbed down to simply comparing the guys and it's not close.

But you can't think that way obviously as you're stuck in the past. No point in arguing with you if you can't even accept a fact that easy.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.


CF Draft:

 
rox1 is offline Old 08-28-2011, 11:55 PM   #55
rox1
Member
rox1 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodrox1 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,318
Member: #26689
    Reply With Quote
Just stopping by to lmao at Arsenal.. I didn't catch the game and sometimes scores are deceiving but 8 fu**ing goals.

Madrid came on fire as well.. It seems to me CR7 was pissed that Messi was getting all the attention so he came out to make a statement. Let's see what Barca does tomorrow.

P.S I'm enjoying the argument you 2 are having. In my opinion, Inter and Milan are clearly in the short list for favorites.

__________________
Basketball is in my blood. It is my obligation to try.
Dream
 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 AM   #56
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
Again don't really see your points man. You're simply sayin they are up there with City talent-wise and performance-wise while winning in Italy but gettin killed by Schalke and Tottenham isn't really a way of showing greatness. Also don't see how you really replied without just bringing up your feelings towards them, mentioning their history is by no means a fact that justifies calling them contenders for CL. You mention facts but all you have is history and winning in a washed down league while City has one of the highest valued rosters and has been tremendous for months now. How is that zero content? If you need 50 sentences to repeat yourself and bring up claims that are simply false and trying to look good with simplistic phrases like "aawwww poor kid" blabla then it's just sad and I definitely can't see how you think you win this argument when all your posts have the same theories that lack substance or logic. Neither did I say I was hurt by your idiotic replies or the number of words. Just told you about the waste of space when you have nothing to say. Quality wins over quantity. Facts win over phrases.
You think you're an expert but all your points for Inter and Milan hide the fact that they had p... poor performances last season and their roster isn't top notch anymore. You really think any person in the world would choose Seedorf, Ambrosini, Flamini, van Bommel and Gattuso over Nasri, Silva, Milner, Toure, Johnson, De Jong?
The whole topic can be dumbed down to simply comparing the guys and it's not close.

But you can't think that way obviously as you're stuck in the past. No point in arguing with you if you can't even accept a fact that easy.

Not my fault if you choose to see what you want to see youngblood.

At least both teams got beat by Schalke and Tottenham(1 YEAR AFTER INTER WON THE CL and the same year MILAN WON THE SCUDETTO).
Do you want me to remind you who Man. City lost to in the Europa cup last season? You do realize they lost in the Round of 16 to Dynamo Kiev. This isn't the mid 90's to early 00's Dynamo Kiev with Lobanovsky at the helm.
Inter lost in the quarters to Schalke(despite the fact that the Inter backroom was in turmoil prior to Leonardo's hiring). Milan lost in the round of 16 to a solid and gutsy Tottenham outfit. Then they went on to win their league. That's a fact. I don't know what else you want but you choose to ignore the past two season for both clubs and believe that it has no bearing on the upcoming season in Europe. Thankfully the bookmakers aren't as silly and dismissive in their thinking as you are.

Seriously statements like "mentioning their history is by no means a fact that justifies calling them contenders for CL." are how I know you're out of your depth. You think the bookmakers and pundits only take into consideration the fact that a team spent copious amounts of dough on their squad as the only reason to make such a team contenders? Chief, I'm not talking about what they did 50 or 20 years ago but I'm talking recently. As in last season and the season before. That plays a part in oddsmaking and if you don't believe that then stay in your corner believing what you want to believe.

You say stuff like City have been tremendous for months now. No kid, Barca have been tremendous for months now. Man. United have been tremendous for months now. City have had a decent run of form that culminated in their winning the FA Cup. City have started the current season in SUBLIME form, that's for sure but to call them "tremendous for months now" probably makes folks realize that you're wearing rose tinted glasses.

Unfortunately I need 50 sentences to repeat myself because it seems like I'm dealing with a kid that can't quite comprehend so I need to break down everything to explain properly to such a kid but alas what can one do when another chooses to see what he wants in an argument.

I bring up claims that are simply false?? Mate, I've brought up FACTS in every post yet you choose to ignore them while telling me I'm not giving you facts. There is nothing I've said in any post on this thread that is false. Feel free to review the thread again and point out what I've said that's false. Please do. I'd love to find out out.
Funnily enough I seem to believe all my posts on this thread in response to the issues that you run around, all have been properly constructed with the appropriate amount of substance, facts and logic attached to them but as I said, you choose to see and believe what you want.
Keep in mind that I wasn't the one bringing up points that weren't even at contention yet conveniently ignoring others that were. But hey, nothing to see here, move along now hmm?

At least you realize facts win over phrases so it'd help if you gave some facts to disprove mine. As it stands I've given you facts to backup my statements and few things are better than when quality is combined with quantity to produce a compelling argument. Heckuva combination especially when one is forced to produce a hefty argument to backup one's claims when the other party fails to comprehend what's been stated in said argument.

Really I'm sure fans of both Italian teams would stick with the seasons they had over City's season last year. One ended with a Scudetto win and one lost in the CL quarters despite the fact that their manager left earlier in the summer and the manager hired was a dud, leading to the hiring of a new manager.

I think I'm an expert as much as you seem to believe you are the expert on all things soccer and debate. Sure you are mate. I'm sure you are.

Midfield comparisons is where you'd like to go? Milan's midfield as I mentioned previously- Seedorf, Boateng, MVBommel, Ambrosini, Gattuso, Flamini, Emmanuelson vs Nasri, Silva, Yaya, and the great trifecta of Nigel "Hatchetman" De Jong, Adam Johnson and James Milner. Yeah I'd say it's pretty close. Right now talent wise I'd give the edge to Nasri and Silver in the offensive third over Seedorf and Boateng. Milner and Adam Johnson are on par with Flamini and Emmanuelson. Yaya is more versatile than MVB, Rino and Ambrosini but I wouldn't hesitate to play them in the same position as they are still quite able to curb the opposing attacker much the same way Yaya can(definitely not as athletically as Yaya can).

Inter- Stankovic, Cambiasso, Thiago, Sneijder, Coutinho, Obi, Muntari and Alvarez vs Nasri, Silva, Yaya and the great trifecta again- NDJong, AJohnson and JMilner. Yeah it's still pretty close despite what you choose to believe.
In the attacking third, I'd take Sneijder(despite his subpar season last year) over Nasri and Silva. Defensively, no one is as athletic and versatile as Yaya but Cambiasso and Thiago are quite good and I wouldn't hesitate to believe they'd be just as adept at neutralizing opposing attacking midfielders. Young player comparisons- I'd take Obi and Coutinho over Adam Johnson every day and twice on Sunday. Muntari and Alvarez(jury still out on him in Serie A) are equatable to NDJong and Milner in my humble opinion.

So yeaaaah buddy it's actually quite close. Keep in mind this is once again you running all over the place with your argument. My initial point to Ronny was that City do not have a stronger and deeper side than Milan and Inter. You decide to go the who's got the better/more talented player route(which doesn't necessarily equate to strength of a midfield or strength/depth of a side). Let me know whenever you're ready to stick with the actual argument and stop running around like a headless chicken.


Famous old age, don't argue with fools because they'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience. Damnit, I fell for it.
Feel free to refrain from further arguments if you like. If not, I've got all day. If so then feel free to ignore and I'll be glad to do the same. This I believe would also entail your keeping my name out of your CF BBS mouth and my doing the same(gladly).

Cheers Chief.
 
ferrari77 is offline Old 08-29-2011, 12:26 AM   #57
ferrari77
Contributing Member
ferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsferrari77 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,758
Member: #18204
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by rox1 View Post
Just stopping by to lmao at Arsenal.. I didn't catch the game and sometimes scores are deceiving but 8 fu**ing goals.

Madrid came on fire as well.. It seems to me CR7 was pissed that Messi was getting all the attention so he came out to make a statement. Let's see what Barca does tomorrow.

P.S I'm enjoying the argument you 2 are having. In my opinion, Inter and Milan are clearly in the short list for favorites.
Man, I gotta believe CR7 hated hearing about and watching Messi destroy all last season. This season should be tons better. Mourinho in his 2nd yr there and CR7 with even more to prove as he's in Messi's shadow.

Can't wait to see how Barca comes out. I hope someone's told Cesc that if Barca win, they won't be receiving a trophy seeing as everytime he's stepped on the pitch so far for them he's collected silverware. I'd pay to hear his true thoughts and feelings on Arsenal and AW right now.
 
ChrisBosh is offline Old 08-29-2011, 12:31 AM   #58
ChrisBosh
Member
ChrisBosh is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineChrisBosh is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineChrisBosh is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,910
Member: #17393
    Reply With Quote
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung-T View Post
Facts win over phrases.
You think you're an expert but all your points for Inter and Milan hide the fact that they had p... poor performances last season and their roster isn't top notch anymore. You really think any person in the world would choose Seedorf, Ambrosini, Flamini, van Bommel and Gattuso over Nasri, Silva, Milner, Toure, Johnson, De Jong?
The whole topic can be dumbed down to simply comparing the guys and it's not close.

But you can't think that way obviously as you're stuck in the past. No point in arguing with you if you can't even accept a fact that easy.
I agree with your assessment though the majority of sports talk is subjective unless you just want to look at the quantitative aspect. So if you want to talk about 'facts' you should be strictly looking at the numbers. I think the majority of football 'experts' would agree that very few teams can match the quality and depth of Mancity.....other than Real Madrid and Barcelona in my opinion.
 
Yung-T is offline Old 08-29-2011, 05:08 AM   #59
Yung-T
Member
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,207
Member: #40202
    Reply With Quote
Ferrari if you are one of the two people in the world that believe Milan and Inter are on the same level as City and winning in Italy has the same value as winnning in Premier League there is no point in arguing with you. I'm correct while you evaluate the rosters wrong and therefore think you're right and conclude my points are silly. I'm out of points in your opinion but you say history and winning a Scudetto, or a title that happened two seasons ago is a justification for naming them CL contenders. If you knew how to judge talent and performance related to the teams City is facing in Premiership and the level of competition then there is just no logical way you can say Milan and Inter are on par. You think you're telling facts but in reality no one would agree with you on that topic. I wanted to tell you now to compare the rosters in detail, how they fit as a team and at what level they can play together. But I see you totally fail at judging players so I can spare that part. To your "City lost vs. Kiev" argument, City had many new players and didn't have chemistry or a definite identification/style that time, while Inter and Milan had little changes and played together for many years. This is no point you can bring up therefore, all that counts is how they play now when being a real team with roles for every guy on their roster.

You can leave everything besides the talent evaluation out of your post as it has nothing to do with the topic and makes you look silly when you're the one failing at evaluation but calling me out.

Please respond plainly by taking a look at the rosters/performances without mentioning me or my age, these parts show you have zero depth and fail to see the key argument/facts. Leave out all the subjective bs you write in every post and show me a scenario based on their rosters and play in which Milan or Inter can really beat City in two games without making me laugh with bringing up indefinite stuff. Thanks in advance.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.


CF Draft:

 
Yung-T is offline Old 08-29-2011, 05:26 AM   #60
Yung-T
Member
Yung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemYung-T is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Apr 2009
Posts: 13,207
Member: #40202
    Reply With Quote
To make it more simple for you:

If you get 100 coaches and tell them they have to win the CL the following season or will never be able to coach again: They can choose between Milan, Inter and City.

Dou you really believe more than five coaches would not pick City?
If yes, you don't have to reply anymore as you have no credibility at modern football.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachbadlee View Post
I to believe that Davis has Garnett potential. I also feel that Lamb has McGrady potential. Terrence Jones has the potential to be better than Bosh. Royce has the potential to be another Majic Johnson.

3 potentials > 1 potential.
jvu - Yeah and I love the D. So PG is perfect for me!

jvu - I am not a fan of harden's D.


CF Draft:

 

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
UEFA Champions League 2010-2011 AroundTheWorld Other Sports 185 05-28-2011 06:14 PM
FK Partizan vs Arsenal UEFA Champions league pbnfamilia BBS Hangout 2 09-28-2010 05:56 PM
UEFA Champions League 2009/10 Honey Bear Other Sports 114 04-29-2010 09:40 AM
UEFA Champions League KaiSeR SoZe BBS Hangout 62 05-18-2006 10:27 AM
UEFA Champions League... kidrock8 BBS Hangout 3 10-29-2002 05:49 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.