ClutchFans Latest:
DuBose: Rockets-Blazers: Behind the numbers

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] Lucky Seven: 7 Draft Targets for the Houston Rockets
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, nba Tags
Clutch is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:37 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Just the comment thread for the article... the 7 names I'm most interested in at the top half of the draft. Thanks!

http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1747/h...draft-targets/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
blackistan is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
blackistan
blackistan is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18650
i hope the rockets pull a trade for some veteran or other player like a josh smith or someone else maybe iggy

jordnnnn is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:41 PM   #3
jordnnnn
jordnnnn is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjordnnnn is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjordnnnn is Omer Asik -- working the boardsjordnnnn is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2010
Member: #45035
I couldn't have written the Biyombo section better myself. My thoughts exactly.

withmustard is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:46 PM   #4
withmustard
withmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwithmustard is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9680
Thanks Clutch, this should be fun. Should i expect the BBS to go down?

spaceage808 is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #5
spaceage808
spaceage808 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32101
Quote:
Originally Posted by withmustard View Post
Thanks Clutch, this should be fun. Should i expect the BBS to go down?
lets hope there is news worthy enough to bring CF down to a crawl.

jump shooter is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:48 PM   #6
jump shooter
Contributing Member
jump shooter is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Mar 2000
Member: #1342
Good stuff. Jonas V., Beyombo and Vucevic I really like. I hope this is the draft the rockets finally go for a true big.

Spacemoth is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #7
Spacemoth
Contributing Member
Spacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchSpacemoth is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24898
I would be happy if we picked any of those guys up at 14. Maybe not Vucevic. And I really hope it's not Tristan Thompson; even if he turns into a David West (aka best undersized PF he could possibly be), our needs remain unfixed.

This year the Rockets have so many needs that we need to be addressing at least one of them today. It's another matter when you're perennially contending and no one at any position is likely to make your rotation straight out of the draft. Whoever we select has got to PLAY immediately or else we're wasting our time.

Carl Herrera is offline Old 06-23-2011, 02:51 PM   #8
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
What a dumb article. Biyombo? There are at least 50 centers in Europe better than him.

CXbby is online now Old 06-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Member: #9639
Clutch helping out on the smoke screen! Woo!

Would you be surprised if we traded up for none of the above?

baller4life315 is online now Old 06-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #10
baller4life315
Contributing Member
baller4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the pointsballer4life315 is James Harden -- racking up the points
Since: Sep 2003
Member: #13882
Good stuff as always, Clutch.

It's always hard to narrow the finalists down when where we'll draft is still a bit of a mystery.

If we're trading up I want nothing to do with Biyombo. If we don't trade up and he's there at 14, yeah okay.

herro is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:04 PM   #11
herro
herro is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #37459
Agree entirely. I might add Marshon Brooks to make a clean 8.

alethios is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #12
alethios
alethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finealethios is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #32552
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl Herrera View Post
What a dumb article. Biyombo? There are at least 50 centers in Europe better than him.
OHMSS, is that you (they see me trollin'...)

jevon3012 is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:06 PM   #13
jevon3012
jevon3012 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Member: #32486
Every international big in the draft and the two defensive stoppers

ansfjs73 is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:07 PM   #14
ansfjs73
ansfjs73 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #9773
Do know why I see so much love for Kawhi Leonard ( no offensive skills ) .. or why would the rockets trade for a wing when they think T Will is the future.

smoothie is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:23 PM   #15
smoothie
Contributing Member
smoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved heresmoothie is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2001
Member: #2264
i'm not sold on biyombo or leonard. you don't draft an athlete and hope to turn him into a basketball player. these guys are "projects."

i like kanter but i doubt we end up with him. i'm even more intrigued with valaciunas, but again he will probably be out of our reach. vucavic would be nice but not at 14. same for montiawhatever.

i really like singleton. he can guard multiple positions. has an nba body. can hit to college range consistently, which means corner 3 in nba for now. i think he can develop into a very productive and valuable defensive stopper.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6124...s-negotiations

steddinotayto is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:26 PM   #16
steddinotayto
steddinotayto is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesteddinotayto is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesteddinotayto is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Aug 2001
Member: #3014
If we do stay at #14 and #23 (very likely as things look right now), I hope Morey will take the BPA.

F*** you David Stern

weslinder is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:32 PM   #17
weslinder
Contributing Member
weslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereweslinder is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18282
Nice write-up, Clutch. I would have included Marcus Morris and Kemba Walker (even if he plays at a deep position), but good coverage.

Guys, this is not a reliable journalistic source. Hold off on the torches and pitchforks. Who the hell even is Jeff Balke? Never heard of him. Houstonpress.com is also just a blog, not a credible source.

xiki is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:38 PM   #18
xiki
Contributing Member
xiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finexiki is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4978
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch View Post
Just the comment thread for the article...
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1747/h...draft-targets/
This: The Rockets are a complex equation right now and we donít have a single fixed value to work with. We donít know their direction with absolute certainty (and frankly, they may not yet either). Anything can change...

But we do know theyíre trying to trade up.

Indeed, what direction is the wind wafting towards?

BTW - - does it sound to anyone else that SAS are trying to outflank Rox tonite?

ima_drummer2k is offline Old 06-23-2011, 03:43 PM   #19
ima_drummer2k
Contributing Member
ima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldima_drummer2k is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Oct 2002
Member: #7523
Man, the NBA draft is looking more and more like the MLB draft these days with all these longshots and projects.

Last edited by your mom : Today at 12:33 AM.

greatpacha1 is offline Old 06-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #20
greatpacha1
greatpacha1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47305
too many questions!!! draft needs to start already! 2 hrs!

Clutch City Representative since 1989

Beard recognize Beard

A!G!G!I!E!S!