ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract
Clutch is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:47 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1391/c...uston-rockets/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
YourSecretLover is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #2
YourSecretLover
YourSecretLover is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodYourSecretLover is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Sep 2007
Member: #25415
SPLASH!

amaru is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:49 PM   #3
amaru
amaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boardsamaru is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42710
Diplomatically correct answer

"Who are we? We are the descendants of slaves...We are the heirs of a past of rope, fire, and murder. I for one am not ashamed of this past. My shame is for those who became so inhuman that they could inflict this torture upon us"

- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

IN MOREY I TRUST!

RocketMania1991 is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #4
RocketMania1991
RocketMania1991 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketMania1991 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRocketMania1991 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36659
GIT R DUN!!!1YEHAWWWWWW

LET THE COWBOYS RIDE

LongTimeFan is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #5
LongTimeFan
Contributing Member
LongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3172
Reading between the lines: thanks, but no thanks.

TheresTheDagger is online now Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #6
TheresTheDagger
TheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneTheresTheDagger is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2010
Member: #46202
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
I'll have the video up soon. Carmelo had us waiting for him by his locker, and after 20-30 minutes or so, he tried to slip out of the locker room. It was bizarre. We caught him in the hall (he and Kyle Lowry were having a private conversation) and he was saying he had to go and didn't have time, but he stopped for a few questions.

The only interesting thing he said about the Rockets question:

"It would be interesting, that's all I can say. The Rockets are a good team, they're becoming a team right now. They miss Yao. They're a play-hard team. I'm pretty sure anybody would like to play for that team. Now don't take that the wrong... don't spin that tonight."

Eh???? Eh?????? Eh!!!!!!!!!

parmesh is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #7
parmesh
parmesh is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Apr 2006
Member: #17730
Quote:
I'll have the video up soon. Carmelo had us waiting for him by his locker, and after 20-30 minutes or so, he tried to slip out of the locker room. It was bizarre. We caught him in the hall (he and Kyle Lowry were having a private conversation) and he was saying he had to go and didn't have time, but he stopped for a few questions.

"It would be interesting, that's all I can say. The Rockets are a good team, they're becoming a team right now. They miss Yao. They're a play-hard team. I'm pretty sure anybody would like to play for that team. Now don't take that the wrong... don't spin that tonight."
Damn! Clutch is clutch.

roflmcwaffles is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #8
roflmcwaffles
roflmcwaffles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineroflmcwaffles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineroflmcwaffles is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Mar 2006
Member: #17195
Melo has been known to try to say the right thing throughout this process, even at a point acting like he didn't want to leave the Nuggets at all.

At this point I am convinced he wants to go to the Knicks and only the Knicks, and even if he came here it would be absolutely a 1/2 year rental and he would leave the $20 mill on the table to sign w/ the Knicks next year.

laserguy183 is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #9
laserguy183
laserguy183 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42953

apollo33 is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:51 PM   #10
apollo33
apollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchapollo33 is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Member: #39124
ZOMMGGG, MELO WANTS HOUSTON, let's start 20 threads about it

For God so loved the world that he gave his second Son, Jeremy Lin, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. -Jeremy 3:16
-CH

Ramathorn006 is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #11
Ramathorn006
Ramathorn006 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineRamathorn006 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43946
It's like saying that a Scion Tc is a nice car but it's no Lexus.

Stevierebel is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #12
Stevierebel
Contributing Member
Stevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsStevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsStevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boardsStevierebel is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2138
I thought listening to some particular people, no superstar would come here? Nice answer even if being diplomatic.

Kojirou is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #13
Kojirou
Kojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Member: #37556
Quote:

I think it more or less confirms how I think Melo's viewed things. He would really like to go home to New York. But after last summer, he doesn't want to be viewed like LeDouche, so he's told the Nuggets that if they can send him to a better situation or something, he'd want that so he can get the cash. Unfortunately for Denver, their front office is retarded. So I'm guessing that if a trade isn't eventually pulled off for New York, or LA, or Houston, he heads to NY via free agency.

As for Houston, I think Melo would not be willing to sign an extension right after being traded. This is frankly reasonable with how this season has gone, as Melo would want to see how he is with Houston as he would not want to be stunk long term with a team that is not without serious weaknesses. However, if he was traded to Houston, and IF things went really well, I think he could possibly be willing to resign.

Unfortunately, that's simply too many if's for my liking.

JVL713 is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:53 PM   #14
JVL713
Contributing Member
JVL713 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46965
Stop teasing us Melo...

He basically is saying it would be nice to play here, but it's not the place he really wants to be

tmoney1101 is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #15
tmoney1101
Contributing Member
tmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43078
That wasn't very encouraging.

DreamShook is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:54 PM   #16
DreamShook
DreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereDreamShook is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32128
Quote:
Originally Posted by YourSecretLover
SPLASH!
After Melo says not to spin his comments I read the above post. Made me LOL.

Kojirou is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
Kojirou
Kojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereKojirou is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Member: #37556
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVL713
Stop teasing us Melo...

He basically is saying it would be nice to play here, but it's not the place he really wants to be
Can you blame him for saying that? I'm guessing that's the truth for him.

Clutch is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by parmesh
Damn! Clutch is clutch.
I was there, but there was a decent crowd -- no questions from me. But I do agree he was giving the diplomatic answer... he definitely was dodging these questions.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

freemaniam is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:56 PM   #19
freemaniam
Contributing Member
freemaniam is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2005
Member: #16369
Hee'Yah!

...oh well...

Carl Herrera is offline Old 02-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #20
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
Quote:

"It would be interesting, and by "interesting" I mean not appealing at all, that's all I can say because I don't want blunt rejection to offend anyone. The Rockets are a good team, they're becoming a team right now, though too bad it's too little too late and they are lotto bound. They miss Yao. If he had been there maybe they'd have a shot at me but I ain't coming to play with no 6'6'' center. They're a play-hard team but not so much a play-good team. I'm pretty sure anybody who needs money and isn't a true superstar like me would like to play for that team. Now don't take that the wrong cuz I have no interest in them at all... don't spin that tonight cuz I definitely have no interest at all."
Translated.