ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] The trade that got away: Tyson Chandler
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston rockets, mavericks, nba, trade Tags
Clutch is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1380/t...rockets-trade/

Few questions for Chandler today before the Rockets-Mavericks game.

Is it not painful to think how that one near-deal would have likely reversed the Rockets fortunes this season? Got to be a playoff team if you swap Miller for Chandler.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Someguy1229 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #2
Someguy1229
Someguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineSomeguy1229 is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jun 2009
Member: #42682
We might be contenders if we got Chandler.

htownrox1 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #3
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #43851
Man, that's depressing.. You're right Clutch, Chandler on this team would make us an instant playoff team.

Just curious though, who would we have given up?

eugeniu is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:45 PM   #4
eugeniu
eugeniu is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #37360
pain

Commodore is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Commodore
Contributing Member
Commodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsCommodore is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2007
Member: #28812
Interesting the Chandler mentioned "Chuck is scoring some baskets".

I guess the word is out that you have to cover Hayes now.

studogg is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
studogg
Contributing Member
studogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donestudogg is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5381
meh, i view this differently. Yes, i would have liked the trade to go down, but players like chandler have a way of playing up or down to the quality of team they are on.

while i agree it would have changed our current season standings, i'm not sure how much difference it would make long-term and i'm not sold that it would have made much more than a +5-6 wins this year.

Clutch is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:48 PM   #7
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by htownrox1
Man, that's depressing.. You're right Clutch, Chandler on this team would make us an instant playoff team.

Just curious though, who would we have given up?
Jared Jeffries. Probably a draft pick in there somewhere that wasn't reported, but Jared Jeffries.

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

htownrox1 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:49 PM   #8
htownrox1
htownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donehtownrox1 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Member: #43851
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Jared Jeffries. Probably a draft pick in there somewhere that wasn't reported, but Jared Jeffries.
Oh ok thanks. Jared Jeffries and a pick for Chandler??? You do that in a heartbeat!!

Mr Chuck Norris is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #9
Mr Chuck Norris
Mr Chuck Norris is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2008
Member: #35283
And we could have had Amare Stoudimre last year too....

Man

Chandler
Amare
???
Martin
Brooks/Lowry

sigh......

Mav-Hater is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:50 PM   #10
Mav-Hater
Contributing Member
Mav-Hater is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jul 2004
Member: #15996
No doubt he is exactly what we need and the one that got away.

"Morey has too many Euro's"

"Parson will be traded before Asik"

"Martin is a borderline superstar"

AAAAAnd He's The man that Bimathug should take salary cap advice from.........

Jah Rules!!!

leebigez is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #11
leebigez
Contributing Member
leebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneleebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneleebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneleebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneleebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneleebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneleebigez is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jun 2001
Member: #2700
Cuban and crew make and close big deals and Morey and crew cant. I cant put it any easier than that. Keep the p.r. machine rolling though.

That really sucks, man. I feel for you. I've only seen 2 games in the NBA (one to see Jordan and another to see Yao), but I worry about paying big bucks to see Lin play with McHale as coach. I'll just have to wait it out. There's no way I'm driving all the way to Portland to sit in the cheap seats or watch Mr. 4th Quarter sit in the 4th quarter.

pugsly8422 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:56 PM   #12
pugsly8422
Contributing Member
pugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herepugsly8422 is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Mar 2002
Member: #3585
JJ and a pick? Wow, it's too bad we weren't able to cash in on that. Not only would that make us a much better team (assuming Chandler could stay healthy on the Rockets), but it would make the games that much more exciting. Seeing C-Lee throw one down every few games is nice, but I can imagine seeing Chandler throw down 2-3 nearly every game! Ahh, I suppose we can dream....

Pugs

CCorn is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #13
CCorn
Contributing Member
CCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemCCorn is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Dec 2010
Member: #47978
That was just painful to read

Occupy Unsorted

Drawkwa22 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 12:57 PM   #14
Drawkwa22
Drawkwa22 is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Member: #43837
and now i am more depressed than before.

mikol13 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #15
mikol13
Contributing Member
mikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2009
Member: #42553
Yeah I've been thinking a lot about not landing Chandler lately. The Rockets would not be scrambling for a deal to land a center and this team would have far fewer question marks. Frustrating.

Chandler probably gets a decent deal next year, but with who? Extend in Dallas? Does the Haywood contract hurt their chances?

Is Chandler still on the Rockets radar next year? Kind of hope so depending on what he'll command.

Pete Chilcutt is offline Old 02-12-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
Pete Chilcutt
Contributing Member
Pete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boardsPete Chilcutt is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Jan 2009
Member: #36210
This season just gets better...

I know he will most likely be retained by Dallas, but he is a free agent this season, correct? Maybe we can throw enough money to make him change his mind.

opticon is offline Old 02-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #17
opticon
opticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodopticon is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18155
Tyson did not opt out of his deal like many thought he would. If my memory serves me correctly he is a free agent next year. If his health holds up we should go after him hard in the off season.

Something has to give in Dallas either they are going to unload Haywood or Let Chandler walk at the end of the year.

My only fear is he is going to want Scola money at least. Morey never over pays unless his hand is forced by restricted free agency.

I wonder if Morey is going to have the stones to over pay in order to fill a area of need.

saleem is online now Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #18
saleem
Contributing Member
saleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty finesaleem is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Jan 2001
Member: #2094
I was concerned about Tyson's health,but I get the filling that the Rockets failed to do their homework.
He is really shining in Dallas.

mikol13 is offline Old 02-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
mikol13
Contributing Member
mikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donemikol13 is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: May 2009
Member: #42553
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigez
Cuban and crew make and close big deals and Morey and crew cant. I cant put it any easier than that. Keep the p.r. machine rolling though.
Disagree, Dallas wanted Martin badly and obviously lost out.

CXbby is offline Old 02-12-2011, 01:11 PM   #20
CXbby
Contributing Member
CXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchCXbby is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Dec 2002
Member: #9639
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigez
Too bad they couldn't close on Martin, who they have been after since forever.

You can do all the work and have all the closing ability in the world, circumstances still have a factor in dictating the end result though. Just because this one deal fell through the cracks, like many do(trade for 4th pick), it doesn't mean Morey Co. is any less of a closer than Cuban(Scola, Lowry, Martin etc).