ClutchFans Latest:
Look who's back: Rockets sign Trevor Ariza to a four-year, $32M deal

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] The Red Rowdy Experience
Tags:  basketball, clutchfans, houston, houston rockets, nba Tags
00rocketgirl is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #1
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45196
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/1186/h...wdy-experience

Sponsored Link
tinman is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:32 PM   #2
tinman
Contributing Member
tinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldtinman is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: May 1999
Member: #485
Congrats on the feature on clutchfans.
Keep on representing Rocketgirl!

MiddleMan is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #3
MiddleMan
Contributing Member
MiddleMan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodMiddleMan is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2005
Member: #16210
Damn Kam, it's all you.

LongTimeFan is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:38 PM   #4
LongTimeFan
Contributing Member
LongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job doneLongTimeFan is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Oct 2001
Member: #3172
Don't you get in trouble if you're a Rowdie and aren't in the cheering section? Just curious -- thanks for all the hard work!

The_Yoyo is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
The_Yoyo
Contributing Member
The_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsThe_Yoyo is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Dec 2001
Member: #3378
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00rocketgirl
For the first time since I have been a Red Rowdy, Ill be representing the Rowdies and watching the game from a different location, near the Heat bench with a friend I met on Clutchfans. Ill be doing my best to heckle the Heat to help the Rockets get their sixth straight win and ninth straight win at home!

ok which one of you guys is trying to hit on her like this?

If its not Kam, then whoever it is Kam is gunnin' after ya

ElPigto is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #6
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
The Rowdies are great, I'm glad I was able to go nuts and cheer with the Rowdies in November. Keep up the great work rowdies, and thanks for sharing your experience rocketgirl. It has been a pleasure meeting you in person!

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

Kam is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #7
Kam
Contributing Member
Kam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite HakeemKam is Yao Ming -- damn good but not quite Hakeem
Since: Jan 2002
Member: #3419
Not me. I'm currently ballin' in 421.

I need to friend this friend so I can get up there.

^^

ElPigto is offline Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 PM   #8
ElPigto
ElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boardsElPigto is Omer Asik -- working the boards
Since: Sep 2006
Member: #19911
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Yoyo
ok which one of you guys is trying to hit on her like this?

If its not Kam, then whoever it is Kam is gunnin' after ya
Isn't it the guy from australia?

"The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning"

--- Morrie Schwartz ( Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom )

KingCheetah is offline Old 12-29-2010, 07:10 PM   #9
KingCheetah
Contributing Member
KingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldKingCheetah is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4419
Good job Rocketgirl -- keep making that noise.

waytookrzy079 is offline Old 12-29-2010, 07:11 PM   #10
waytookrzy079
waytookrzy079 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodwaytookrzy079 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32121
very nice RocketGirl!

on a side note: i was there at the washington game for the RPD Calendar! Unfortunately, i got there just past 645 and all the calendars were gone

HOWEVA!! Some dummy in the next section forgot his and i was able to snag it on my way out! It is now hanging in my office

Hayesfan is offline Old 12-29-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Hayesfan
Contributing Member
Hayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20409
I hope a friend from clutchfans gets me behind the bench should I make it to a home game! LOL

Great addition RG! Hope it's a great game!

arabrocket is offline Old 12-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #12
arabrocket
arabrocket is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36692
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00rocketgirl
damn 00rocketgirl, your everywhere those days!!!

T-Slack is offline Old 12-29-2010, 08:26 PM   #13
T-Slack
T-Slack is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43038
Quote:
Originally Posted by arabrocket
damn 00rocketgirl, your everywhere those days!!!
enough already......

greatpacha1 is offline Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #14
greatpacha1
greatpacha1 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Oct 2010
Member: #47305
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Slack
enough already......
Lolzzzzz..

Clutch City Representative since 1989

Beard recognize Beard

A!G!G!I!E!S!

NateNate is offline Old 12-29-2010, 10:25 PM   #15
NateNate
NateNate is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodNateNate is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Member: #31767
well written...
question rocketgirl...
Does it make you guys (red rowdies), angry or annoyed when you try to get other fans involved either by you signs or just motioning but get no reaction back?

Disciple of RP is offline Old 12-29-2010, 10:34 PM   #16
Disciple of RP
Contributing Member
Disciple of RP is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineDisciple of RP is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineDisciple of RP is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Member: #32034
Nice read, I enjoyed it.

00rocketgirl is offline Old 12-29-2010, 11:33 PM   #17
00rocketgirl
Contributing Member
00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here00rocketgirl is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Feb 2010
Member: #45196
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateNate
well written...
question rocketgirl...
Does it make you guys (red rowdies), angry or annoyed when you try to get other fans involved either by you signs or just motioning but get no reaction back?
No, not angry or annoyed really. It comes as a no surprise when we see no response, so the anger and annoyance isn't there. It sure is an awesome feeling when we do get a reaction though.

Answers to the questions earlier
Yes, it was Downtown Sniper from Australia. Very nice guy who sported an AUTHENTIC Smith jersey tonight. This guy is a FAN!

Had a great time at the game tonight heckling LeBron and Bosh and I know they heard me.

I didn't get in trouble for sitting elsewhere tonight. I received permission and an alternate took my seat in the Red Rowdies section.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! and El Pigto I'll email you those pictures later tonight from San Antonio!

josh_is_white is offline Old 12-29-2010, 11:46 PM   #18
josh_is_white
josh_is_white is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44148
the rowdies aren't even that loud....waste of free season tickets if u ask me.

Pizza_Da_Hut is offline Old 12-29-2010, 11:51 PM   #19
Pizza_Da_Hut
Pizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job donePizza_Da_Hut is Robert Horry -- just gets the job done
Since: Jul 2003
Member: #13337
Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_is_white
the rowdies aren't even that loud....waste of free season tickets if u ask me.
I can't comment from experience, but if you are voicing this only from TV watching you're wrong (from what I've been told). The broadcasts are pretty bad at picking up the crowd's audio. I think you're being a little brash. The Rowdies are great, not God's among men, but they still do a great thing every game. Do I envy them? You bet your ass I do. If I lived in Houston, I would pray to Jesus, Buddha, Spongebob, or anyone else to be a part of that experience.

I'm a DUCK!!!!

Wild about them Cats!

The NBA is slowly turning into the WWE... It's only a matter of time until the Rock completes the big 5 in Miami...

josh_is_white is offline Old 12-29-2010, 11:52 PM   #20
josh_is_white
josh_is_white is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2009
Member: #44148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Da_Hut
I can't comment from experience, but if you are voicing this only from TV watching you're wrong (from what I've been told). The broadcasts are pretty bad at picking up the crowd's audio. I think you're being a little brash. The Rowdies are great, not God's among men, but they still do a great thing every game. Do I envy them? You bet your ass I do. If I lived in Houston, I would pray to Jesus, Buddha, Spongebob, or anyone else to be a part of that experience.
nah i am talkin about being there. I sit in club level a couple sections from them and i can't hear them for a damn thing.