1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

LOL Ariza

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by larsv8, Dec 21, 2010.

1. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Just thought I would share these gems:

Before the game:

After the game:

http://www.atthehive.com/

Fan reactions:

http://hornetsreport.com/HRForums/forumdisplay.php?f=2

2. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

3. The Situation

The Situation Member

Anybody think Morey planted the seed in New Orleans? Am sure CP3 isn't happy with Ariza and the Hornets

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Saw his numbers earlier, awful although he did have 9 boards. Was wondering if someone noticed. Where are all the people wanting Ariza instead of Lee? Sorry guys but at this point it's no contest.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I didn't think his offense could get much worse than last year, but it looks like it has.

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

planted the seed? i think the plant is ready for stealing the goose with the golden eggs.

and Orlando probably isn't too far from the same place either.

7. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

i'm so glad we got rid of ariza.

8. fba34

fba34 Contributing Member

in that courtney lee vs trevor ariza poll before the season, i voted in favour of ariza, but only because i thought he would finally jell with the team, i hate not giving the benefit of the doubt to a player of the team, and also because i had no clue to courtney's game. im glad to realize i was wrong. lee's game is just perfect for the team. love his smooth floaters in today's game.

1 person likes this.
  9. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

has anybody seen his body language the last 3 or 4 games..? I can assure you it's familiar ;)

10. infinitidoug

infinitidoug Member

Yes yes yes! Finally I have found more people that support Lee. All those people expected Lee to be good right off the bat when he came to this team and he's done just that. His development on this team is progressing very well. If he played as many minutes as ariza on this team, he would far surpass ariza's efficiency!

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

People say if he played with a great offensive player (Kobe, Martin, etc.) he would be a very good complementary guy. Well he's playing with one of the best PGs in the league now.

I think Ariza simply has very poor BB IQ and is not very skillful other than shooting spot up shots. What he has is length and athleticism.

12. Steve_Francis_rules

Ariza has been probably the worst offensive player in the NBA the last season and a half. And before him, we had three and a half seasons of Rafer Alston, who was the worst percentage shooter of any player in the league for much of his time here. :eek:

13. H-TownBBall

H-TownBBall Member

It's no wonder we had trouble in the playoffs with such inept offensive players playing major roles, but at least Morey was smart enough to dump them once viable alternatives presented themselves. He is good at correcting his mistakes before others realize they were mistakes.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The guy just sucks at the game of basketball, it is a typical case of having one short hot streak at the right time and getting overpaid.

SOOOO glad Morey traded him, Lee is soooooo much better.

DD

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I thought it was bad when the Hornets lost to Detroit (blowing a 3-point lead in the final seconds of regulation). But to lose the next day on a tip-in at the buzzer has to be hard to take.

16. yao2kmart

yao2kmart Member

Morey sure did know what he was doing when he Traded Ariza to one of our division opponets! Chris Paul can't even help Ariza's FG%, this guy just plain sucks and cant dribble.

17. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

Hard to take. How bout the rockets losing Yao for the past three years. I don't wanna give out sympathy whe we get none ourselves, which I dont expect!

18. rockets4llday

rockets4llday Member

Edited it

19. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Man... even with us last year, there was a good chunk of people here defending Ariza, especially after his strong finish to the season when we made those trades. Many of us (myself included) thought he just needed an adjustment period, and it looked like we may be right.

... I guess Morey made the right call (surprise, surprise), and on that Hornets board, it doesn't look like ANYBODY has Ariza's back, haha. They practically ALL want him gone.