ClutchFans
ClutchFans
ClutchFans Latest:
Rockets honored Dwight agreement with agent in letting Parsons out of his contract

Go Back   ClutchFans > Basketball > Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves

[ClutchFans] The Unsung Hero: Chuck Hayes shuts down Amar'e Stoudemire
Tags:  amare stoudemire, basketball, chuck hayes, clutchfans, defense, houston rockets, nba Tags
Clutch is offline Old 11-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
Clutch
Administrator
Clutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldClutch is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #1
http://rockets.clutchfans.net/839/ch...re-stoudemire/

"My kid's asleep. I've eaten dinner. I'm ready to get on ClutchFans." -- Ron Artest

Sponsored Link
Carl Herrera is online now Old 11-15-2010, 01:48 PM   #2
Carl Herrera
Contributing Member
Carl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldCarl Herrera is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Feb 2007
Member: #22691
$2 million Chuck Hayes neutralizing $100 million Amare Stodemire. Classic effort.

jopatmc is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:04 PM   #3
jopatmc
Contributing Member
jopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved herejopatmc is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Sep 2002
Member: #7003
Quote:
Kyle Lowry (7 points, 7 boards, 6 assists, 3 steals) started this one and though he did go just 1-6 from the field and turned it over 5 times, he really ran the show. Midway through the first quarter I commented on Twitter that I liked the Rockets ball movement — it was sharper tonight and that was initiated by Lowry. The Rockets have been battered by bad news lately, but the biggest bright spot right now is the return of Lowry.

That settles it.

Lowry is da man. Clutch said so.

; )

sorry, had to rag on you some more Dada.

Now we have to build a team that can beat the Thunder, Lakers, and Heat.

JVL713 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:05 PM   #4
JVL713
Contributing Member
JVL713 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Aug 2010
Member: #46965

Depressio is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #5
Depressio
Contributing Member
Depressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchDepressio is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Mar 2009
Member: #39392
Great to see Lowry and Miller playing like their normal selves again.
Great to see Chuck doing what Chuck does.
Great to see the ball movement that can often be lacking.
Great to see Rockets basketball again.

Strawman is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #6
Strawman
Strawman is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: May 2009
Member: #42451
very valuable situational player

topfive is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #7
topfive
Contributing Member
topfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchtopfive is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Jun 2002
Member: #4593
I kept thinking Bill Worrell was going to say, "Hayes has Amar'e Stoudemire bamboozled!"

azoghbi is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:38 PM   #8
azoghbi
azoghbi is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2006
Member: #18694
mind bogglingly good defense. wow.

JuanValdez is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:43 PM   #9
JuanValdez
Contributing Member
JuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardsJuanValdez is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Feb 1999
Member: #35
http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=195873

TheGM is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:55 PM   #10
TheGM
Contributing Member
TheGM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodTheGM is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: May 2006
Member: #17953
The Knicks announcers, particularly Walt Frazier, were raving about his defense all game.

Visagial is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #11
Visagial
Contributing Member
Visagial is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Nov 2002
Member: #8010
That there is a man's man.

Russjr2 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 02:57 PM   #12
Russjr2
Contributing Member
Russjr2 is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Nov 2007
Member: #27296
Glad to see Chuck show all the doubters what his value to this team is. Miller, Scola, and Hill couldn't stop Amare AT ALL.

Too bad this still wont stop all the complaining by the 'Smartest GMs' and 'HOF coaches' here on Clutchfans about Rick playing Chuck over Hill ("cause Hill is taller and athletic").

LabMouse is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #13
LabMouse
LabMouse is Patrick Beverley -- showing a lot of promise
Since: Jun 2008
Member: #32442
Defense wins the championship for you, the same is true for a game. Lowry and Hayes won last two games for us because they can play good defense. Martin, Scola and others were playing the same level before, but we were 0-5.

napalm_black is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:14 PM   #14
napalm_black
Contributing Member
napalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watchnapalm_black is Clyde Drexler -- smooth and a joy to watch
Since: Sep 2008
Member: #33900
Quote:
Originally Posted by jopatmc
That settles it.

Lowry is da man. Clutch said so.

; )

sorry, had to rag on you some more Dada.
Clutch didn't use an opportunity to pick sides, or backhand either guard. It could be because he has a mind capable of rational thought.

fredy is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
fredy
Contributing Member
fredy is Terrence Jones -- on a good road but it's early
Since: Jul 2002
Member: #5435
Watching that was brutal because Amare is on my fantasy league and I needed points and field goals to win. thanks Chuck lol.

Hayesfan is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:32 PM   #16
Hayesfan
Contributing Member
Hayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved hereHayesfan is Calvin Murphy -- loud and loved here
Since: Nov 2006
Member: #20409
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredy
Watching that was brutal because Amare is on my fantasy league and I needed points and field goals to win. thanks Chuck lol.
If it makes you feel any better.. I was in the same boat! Groaning and cheering at the same time.

UTAllTheWay is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:46 PM   #17
UTAllTheWay
UTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fineUTAllTheWay is Chandler Parsons -- lookin' mighty fine
Since: Feb 2009
Member: #36546
It's been a long time since I've seen someone just completely shut somebody down like that.

I remember seeing sometime in the 1st quarter that Amar'e had 14 points, and he was killing it. With 4 minutes left in the 1st quarter, Chuck Hayes entered the game.

Amar'e finished the 1st half with 16 points. That's how much he shut Amar'e down.

DaDakota is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #18
DaDakota
Contributing Member
DaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure goldDaDakota is Hakeem Olajuwon -- reputation is pure gold
Since: Mar 1999
Member: #331
It was great, and the refs were letting them play a BIG key to that kind of defense.

DD

tmoney1101 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:52 PM   #19
tmoney1101
Contributing Member
tmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boardstmoney1101 is Moses Malone -- a well-known beast on the boards
Since: Jul 2009
Member: #43078
I think the key words were, situational defender.

abc2007 is offline Old 11-15-2010, 03:53 PM   #20
abc2007
abc2007 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously goodabc2007 is Jeremy Lin -- starting to get dangerously good
Since: Jul 2007
Member: #24874
I know you must be very proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayesfan
If it makes you feel any better.. I was in the same boat! Groaning and cheering at the same time.