1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(John Hollinger) Rockets are the # 10 All-time Franchise

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Danbury, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Danbury

Danbury Member

I didn't see this posted anywhere, but lock if it has been.

Hollinger lists the Rockets as the #10 all-time franchise. He bases this on pure statistics, so I guess it's excusable, but he has The Jazz (@$*!) listed 3 spots in front of us! The statistical approach is fine, but I think Championships should be weighted a little more heavily. That would probably push the Rocket above at least the Jazz, Pacers, and Suns. Subjectively, the Rockets should be anywhere from 5 - 7.

Also, I actually think Boston deserves the #1 spot...but that could be because I hate the Lakers with every cell in my body. Here is the link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playo...t=hollinger_john&page=FranchiseRankings-Intro

2. Steve_Francis_rules

This was posted some time back.

There's no way Boston deserves the top spot. They have one more championship than the Lakers, but almost all of them came in a 13-year window when Russell was playing. The Lakers have also played in the Finals many more times.

3. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Why does the fact that the championships come from the 13 years negatively affect them?

4. DCHAMP

DCHAMP Member

5. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

You were good in bed with 1 woman, but terrible in bed with 10 others.

Are you good or bad in bed?

6. ghettocheeze

ghettocheeze Member

1) Lakers
    2) Celtics
    3) Bulls
    4) Spurs
    5) Pistons
    6) Rockets
    7) 76ers
    8) Warriors
    9) Knicks
    10) Blazers

Based on championship plus playoff success. I know the Knicks suck today but they won 2 titles in the 70's and made the playoffs throughout the 90's. Same goes for the Warriors and their runs in the 70's. To me a title is the most determining factor of your franchise. Jazz and Pacers have nothing to show so they are out of the top 10.

7. teslaTrain

teslaTrain New Member

/agree, though suns and jazz get honorable mentions for being the best to never succeed.

8. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

But what if you were so good with that one woman, that that stretch wit that woman was widely recognized as best any woman has had ever?

9. Danbury

Danbury Member

I'm not surprised it was posted before. Is there some kind of search function on Clutchfans?

Anyway, Boston actually has 17 championships to LA's 14. They have been truly bad at times, but truly dominating other times. 13 in a row isn't a detriment to their argument in my mind. They beat LA 9 times in that streak, which I guess is points to the Lakers for getting there... You are right they are probably number 1, but I think the Celtics have a legitimate argument. I give the Celts the Edge because of the DBag factor of the current Lakers. Kobe, Gasol, Odom, Vujacic, Baby Bynum, Farmar...(insert puke emoticon here).

10. Danbury

Danbury Member

"They" being the Lakers.

11. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

You guys are incredibly biased.

Plus this is the old list, they have a updated list with Orlando in the 9 spot.

12. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Seems ridiculous that a team with zero titles is number five (at least I'm 95% sure Phoenix has never won it all).

Also, kinda sad seeing both Sacramento and Golden State so low with how great their fans are.

13. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

How the hell did Orlando move up six spots in one single season in a statistically created ALL-TIME list???

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

I don't get it either.

Intro to all-time NBA franchise rankings 2010

2009 list is much better. Orlando has no right to be even in the top 10, let alone ahead of Houston. I agree with all the other teams ahead of us though.

15. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

It's the ESPN BRO, They never liked the rockets.

16. foo82

foo82 Member

I Orlando deserves to be one above us. Remember that Steve Francis era? That really hurt us.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

At least we got to the playoffs with our Franchise.

[​IMG]

18. mylilpony

mylilpony Member

we both know that you secretly love "they"

19. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Thats true, but how does one Finals appearance help them jump ahead of us? That team barely has a history as is. Penny, Shaq, TMac, now Howard?

20. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Imagine how Detroit feels about being 13th in the rankings despite 3 titles. Thats trailing only Lakers/Celtics/Spurs/Bulls.