1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

DD's Rocket Talk - Portland vs Houston (Video)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Apr 16, 2009.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well, you can not dwell too long on failure or you will not succeed, so in order to purge my system of the debacle in Dallas last night, it was time to look ahead to Portland vs. Houston.

Here is my weekly installment of DD's Rocket talk, some might even call it a WEAKLY installment.

:D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/IILyUdGIX8s&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/IILyUdGIX8s&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is the link for the embeddedly challenged

I think the Rockets win in 6, but just barely.

Enjoy, and comments are welcome.

I still would like a back and forth show, but have not found a way to easily create one.

Thanks and I hope you enjoy it.

DD

2 people like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That game was far from Ron's loss.

He was not even in the game when Dallas really destroyed us.
    But throw it on Ron if it makes you feel better......

Scola was the worst player by a LONGSHOT. Just awful.

3. DaDakota

This is not about last night's game Knote, thanks for the 1 star though.....it is about the playoffs and the matchups.....

DD

4. MC Ren

MC Ren Member

As always good job DD..

5. Convictedstupid

Another good video DD.

I think alot of it was just as much of Adelmans fault as it was Rons though. Like so many people have been saying, Adelman (and even brooks/lowry or ANYONE!) need to have the backbone to pull artest aside and tell him to quit going iso. In the most crucial time last night, when we couldnt get it to yao, artest would jack up an offset 3! That cannot happen in the playoffs.

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't give you 1 star, Someone else thinks your thread sucks...

If it is about playoffs and matchups, Why the cheapshots?
    Not on my watch...

1 person likes this.
  7. dayao

dayao Member

nice talk! hope ron can listen it

8. DaDakota

The video is completely about the matchups in the playoffs, and there are some people on here who automatically rate any of my threads 1 star, sorry if I thought it was you.

I just do this to contribute to the BBS to make it a little more unique than other Sports boards.

I figure I owe it here since I post too darned much, got to contribute somehow.

But if the rating gets too low, to me it says it is time to stop doing the vids.

DD

9. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Good video this week, DD. Equal parts realistic and optimistic.

My keys would be...

- Try to get out to early leads so Hayes can come in to guard Aldridge for heavy minutes. He's averaged 24 minutes per game during the season series, so I assume Adelman realizes how important this match up is.

- Keep Przybilla off the damn offensive boards. Easiest way to do this is to establish Yao early and get Joel P. in foul trouble.

- Keep hitting the 3. Rockets went for .422 from downtown during the season series.

If the Rockets can do those 3 things consistently, I love their chances.

1 person likes this.
  10. rodmanhust

rodmanhust Member

thanks for the vid.
    I really got the feeling that Ron will be the difference maker in this series
    if he shuts down Roy and contribute offensively, we win.
    if he goes outta control we lose.
    simple

11. asianmiles

asianmiles New Member

DD, I have been expecting this Talk from you to try to find something to cheer me up since the lost last night. I was depressed whole last night and this morning, now I do feel much better and pumped up again after the “talk”.

Thanks.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

You did very well unlike most of the time. :D
    Agreed with most of what you said,I still think Deke could have an important role against their big guys if Rick plays him despite their youth.
    The first 2 games on the road are key,if our guys can win one,we can put some pressure on them at the Toyota Center.

13. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

Thanks for the talk as always DD. Great insight on the series, I think Ron is the X-Factor in this series.

14. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

DD- good job! first one I've watched.

BTW- I did an audio dub over of a John Hagee sermon and it was freaking scarey!!!!!!!!! :eek:

(just kidding :D )

15. XBLRocketman111

XBLRocketman111 Contributing Member

Great vid DD.....

Has anyone ever told you....you look like Chris Farley?

It also looked liked you started getting some Acid reflux around the 7 min mark! Pizza?

16. DaDakota

Taco Bell.

:D

Gotta go take my nexium....

DD

17. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

GREAT SHOW

I still think we have adventage over Portland.

We talked about it (especially Ron) on skype.

Damn, I love Outlaw. He is amazing player. Few years ago all he could was dunking. Right now his jumpshot is much improved. I am afiard of him.

18. Setuablaz3

Setuablaz3 Rookie

Hmm artest must be hiding under his bed after that beating you gave him there. In all seriousness, he has to take a step back and evaluate what it is that this team needs from him and how he can provide that more efficiently.

Our home games should be comfortable enough. Although Blazers have lots of talent; you kill Roy, you kill Blazers. Yao should really shine in this series. Lots of trip to the charity stripe and lots of open looks for his teammates.

19. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

DD ive been looking for any rockets related video on my day off and your hard work is much appreciated. id love to buy you a drink sometime, rockets fans in austin are hard to come by.

20. Precision340

Precision340 Member

yeah DD does kinda looks like Chris Farley.. great video.. thanks!