1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Aaron Brooks > Rafer Alston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mozart123, Feb 20, 2009.

1. mozart123

mozart123 Rookie

Albeit its only one game, quite a spectacular performance.

In the 8 games he has started, Rockets are 7-1.

lets face it

He's going to shoot more than 40% from the Field, 35% from the Three, 90% from the line and he puts immense pressure on the Defense.

He's not a offensive liability and he can penetrate with the pest of them.

Rafer today

1-9, 9 assists, we would have lost with that kind of performance today.

2. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

He just needs to slow down the tempo a bit when Yao is in, I can smell another stress fracture on Yao. He looked REALLY gassed after the game.

3. misticalx

misticalx Rookie

C'MON YOU GUYS. YOU'LL NEVER KNOW WHO IS BETTER THAN WHO UNLESS THE TWO GO ONE ON ONE SOMEWHERE. ITS ALL SITUATIONAL ANYWAYS. I DON'T GET THIS THREAD OR THE OTHER GREATER THAN THREAD. WHAT WILL WE GET OUT OF OTHER THAN SPECULATION THAT DONT MEAN ANYTHING?

4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

mistical please drop the caps lock

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

season high in turnovers

6. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Maybe this will silence the people who act like we just traded away an All-Star PG. The Rockets traded away a PG averaging 11 points and 5 assists.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

JJ Barea agrees!

8. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

TURN OFF THE CAPS LOCK.

And "who's better" has little to do with what the result of a one-on-one game would be.

9. TForThree

TForThree Member

except defense and decision making at critical times

10. bingfei236

bingfei236 Member

i'm wondering what happen if AB missed that final shot.......

serious, guys, watch the game, stop looking the stats, that make you no basketball knowledge whatsoever

11. TheDream24

TheDream24 Member

Brooks is the better scorer and shooter, I'll give him that. As a point guard, I believe Alston is better. That being said, Brooks is the better player, Alston is the better point guard.

I believe Lowry is possibly better than both though at Point guard and as a player, we didn't play him too much though. I like Lowry, but he needs to practice with the boys more, I'm sure adelman will give him valuable advice and so will Brent Barry.

12. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

Rafer's number is always 2/9, 3/10, 1/5 or 2/7 something like that....it's weak. It's because he can't penetrate and afraid of contact...can't do layups ....has no balance and concentration and has no hang time.

I always favor Brooks over him any day...that's why i was mad that Rick Adelman keep starting Rafer. Why would you want to start someone that shoot horribly in his entire career. Someone that don't contribute anything to the team other than basically taking jump shots. The team don't need his ballhandling skills because the offense ain't running through him. The team need someone that attack and penetrate at will and did a good job at it. Someone that shoot consistently from behind the arc. Rafer provide none of that and very erratic. He provide good defense but then Yao's presence inside nullify any defense you play outside. SO that is why Brooks is the perfect guy to start. And i don't see why it take Rafer to be traded to start him...they ought to start him even when Rafer is here. The numbers and stats speak for themselves.

13. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

I know this doesn't belong in the thread, but was Tracy on the bench tonight?

14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't think we traded Brooks for Rafer.

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

In a way, we did. Brooks went from being a backup to a starter. It's a different role for him, and so in a sense he's going to have to be a different player.

16. SouthMJS

SouthMJS Member

No I think he had a doctor appointment today in Chicago.

17. jVgOwnsYou

jVgOwnsYou Contributing Member

I think this is the difference. In the fourth quarter of games, who do you want with the ball? Rafer or Brooks?

Brooks has proven many times that he can be lethal with the ball at the end of games. Not just with his scoring but with his playmaking. When everyone is tired, brooks still has the extra gear. He's a pretty special athlete.

18. rhino17

rhino17 Member

i prefer turnovers while brooks is trying to create something to rafer jacking up 3 with 22 seconds left on the shot clock

19. TivonLee

TivonLee New Member

Aaron did a good job in the game tonight.But I feel he will be better if he slow down sometimes.And it is not good for him that yao is not comfortable when he get the ball passing by Brooks.

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

93-86