1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Yao's response to the renew contract question in 2010

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by boby, Feb 12, 2009.

1. boby

boby Member

From Wang Meng. So take it for what it worth. But I don't think there is any reason for Wang to lie.

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5c4bb2910100c3pa.html?tj=1

Basically, Feigen asked Yao after the King's game:" Yao, are you gong to resign your contract to stay with Houston in 2010?"

Yao was surprised at this question and asked him why ask this. Feigen's response was he guess a lot of reporters will ask Yao this question during all-star game, so he better ask first.

Yao though for a while and gave him a typical Yao's answer:"Do you think I have time to think about this kind of thing now? There are so many things (in this team) for me to worry about today, how can I worry about something such far away? A big part of season has passed and honestly I am not happy about our performance. There are so many talent in this team but we didn't glue these talent together. The time left for us is not much."

That's ALL his comments on this question.

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

why would he tell us at this point?

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Nobody on this team gives clear answers to anything I swear.

4. boby

boby Member

Exactly! Even if Yao really wants to stay here, there is no reason for him to say "I want to resign with Rockets" now. Yao might be loyal, but he is certainly not stupid. Even if he is that stupid, team Yao will make sure he will not say any thing stupid like that.

5. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

He should go enjoy free agency and tease all the other teams. Kobe did it. Yao is going to have a blast.

6. posthero

posthero Member

Honestly I don't care about too much about whether or not Yao is gonna to resign with the Rockets

Yao is a great player, probably the best center in the league right now. But overall I don't feel he can lead a team to the championship

7. code_red

code_red Member

You need to look at this from Yao's side as well. If Houston has a good roster in 2010 and signs the right agents to make the Rockets a contender, I'm sure Yao will resign with the Rockets.

I don't think Yao would want to spend the remaining time in his career helping a "rebuilding" team. He probably wants to contend for a championship.

So, Yao is probably smart to be vague. Of course, if Houston has a contender roster in 2010, I don't see why Yao wouldn't resign with the Rockets. But if they decide to rebuild, I doubt Yao will stay (and I doubt the Rockets would resign him anyways if they decide to rebuild).

8. BornRedIn87

BornRedIn87 Member

Why would he come out and say he wants to resign, a year and a half before he has to make the dicision??

Im sure Yao is a pretty smart guy, and if he comes out and says he wants to sign what kind of bargaining chip is that for him when the time actually comes.

If the Rockets know they can keep Yao because he is saying so so long in advance, they will try and keep the contract as low as possible, seemingly screwing over Yao.

9. mich

mich Member

I like Yao's answer. Man! He is smart. He opened a door for himself, also gave a lot pressure to the Morey to trade SheMac. But I think Yao will be in Houston 90%+ chances.

10. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

He probably doesn't want to say anything that might damage the team chemistry even more.

11. dlite316

dlite316 Member

i really hope yao can ask lebron to go to NY together...

12. boby

boby Member

That's typical kind of Yao's answer which we familiar with, instead of some low IQ response like "yes, I will resign".

13. MD_in_Training

Yes, that's smart. You should apply for a GM position. I'm sure every exec in the league other than those of the Cavs and Lakers would just twiddle their thumbs if their best player isn't going to resign.

14. angrykitty

angrykitty Member

Why not take his answer at face value. It seems like a Yao response.:"Hey, I just haven't had time to think about it yet" I don't know what my plans are for 2001 yet either.

15. nait

nait Member

That's why you are not GM. Any GM in this league with any brain will sign him just because of his market value. NBA is a business after all.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

You mean Dikembe doesn't give clear answers? I understand him all the time!

17. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't think it's good for them to be honest. If they were the news would break that our team is fractured.

18. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

He's too busy worrying about the problems today
    Much of the season has already passed and is not happy with the results
    The team has plenty of talent but it is not working
    There is very little time for the team to come together ("us" meaning the players, not him and the rockets)

19. pppbigppp

pppbigppp Member

But Yao doesn't tease. He is not a drama queen. :p

20. deion_se

deion_se Member

Give me your answers instead of the cliche cliche cliche. Tell me who can and how we get him.