1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[espn]"whole bay area to root Houston on"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Apr 13, 2008.

1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Looks like we got some more bandwagoners on the west coast!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=280412009

After the Nuggets seized the tiebreaker edge with a win at Golden State on Thursday night, the Warriors looked and felt finished. Yet if Denver loses Sunday night at home against the Rockets, who are fighting for a division title and home-court advantage, the Warriors incredibly will control their own postseason fate.

"We all need to call all our friends on the Rockets and tell them to go all-out tomorrow," Al Harrington said. "We need the whole Bay Area to root Houston on. We're all Rockets fans for a nigh

2. mcgrady33090

mcgrady33090 Member

lol i think we need to call lakers and mavs too, for laker need to beat SA tomr and dallas need to beat No on wedes. and we need to win all of our games, and we could end up with first seed cuz we got tie breaker over lakers and NO and SA would be 56-26, laker and us would be 57-25

3. YallMean

YallMean Member

That one point loss at Sac really hurts now.

But I cant really complain too much given we pretty much take care of business against lesser teams since the new year.

4. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

The Warriors know that their only hope lies in the Rockets. Denver's last game is against Memphis, so if Denver beats us today, they pretty much make the playoffs and Golden State is out

5. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

I'll say, all we need is to have Battier play on the rest of the game, so he can slow Melo and and Williams on both games. And win on the Clips and there you have it.

6. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

if only it was that simple my friend...

7. Mad-Mac

Mad-Mac Member

Just don't tell them about CF.net, I heard that Baron Davis is a Yao only fan!

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Has Don Nelson's mind-set ever changed?

9. tmac&Yao

tmac&Yao Member

All the Warriors fans,players and coaches are Rockets fans tonight!

I just read some threads from the worriors fans forum.Its funny.
    I guess all worriors fans will watch tonight's game.They will cheer for "go Rockets!"before TV.Maybe we will see a lot of worriors fans at Pepsi Center cheer for the Rockets!

Here is the link:
    http://forums.warriorsworld.net/main/msgs/1953021.phtml

10. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

11. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

[You beat me by 1 minute] Here is (Bay Area) local news

http://www.insidebayarea.com/warriors/ci_8910793

OAKLAND — Golden State Warriors guard Kelenna Azubuike spent three seasons as a teammate of Houston Rockets forward Chuck Hayes at the University of Kentucky. Saturday night, Azubuike had a message to deliver, Wildcat to Wildcat.
    "Please win for us," Azubuike said. "We've been boys for a long time. I never asked you to do anything. Do this one thing for me."

That "one thing" is all that stands between the Warriors and a chance at new life in their ever-twisting playoff quest.

Rebounding from the crushing disappointment of Thursday's head-to-head loss to the Denver Nuggets, the Warriors held off the Los Angeles Clippers 122-116 in a wire-to-wire victory that felt anything but safely in hand for much of the evening.

Combined with Denver's 124-97 blowout loss in Utah on Saturday, the Warriors are once again tied with the Nuggets for the eighth-and-final playoff spot in the Western Conference at 48-32. But because Denver holds the tiebreaker, Golden State must finish one game ahead.

That's where Hayes' Rockets come into play. They face Denver tonight in Colorado, anda victory there would give the Warriors the simplest of marching orders: Win your final two games, earn a berth in the postseason.

"We need the whole Bay Area to root Houston on," the Warriors' Al Harrington said. "We're Houston fans for one night."

The Warriors are scheduled to leave for Phoenix at 3 p.m. today, so the Nuggets and Rockets should be tipping off just about when Golden State's contingent arrives at its hotel.

If the Rockets do come through, a win over the Suns on Monday and against Seattle at home Wednesday would put the Warriors into the playoffs for their first back-to-back appearances since 1991 and'92.

"I'm going to watch the game and have a few cocktails," Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "What else should I be doing? Biting my fingernails? They're already gone."
    ==============================

Have Fun tonight!

12. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I really want the Rockets to get the #1 seed and face the Nuggets in the first round, and I think they have a great shot at it. Of course that means beating the Nuggets, which means we'd probably draw the Warriors.

13. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Ill be there behind the Rockets bench...would be nice to sit next to someone in a Stephen Jackson jersey. I want the Rockets to murder the Nugs, on the court of course.

Cod

14. fadeawayjae

fadeawayjae Member

they better give the Rockets respect if we win for them because I'm tired of hearing them say they will run us over because we can't keep up.

15. bfunw

bfunw Contributing Member

After we run them over, they would say we are smart to put them in playoffs. :)

16. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

G state are goliath killers, but I would rather play them than any other team the playoff besides New Orleans

17. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I love it.

Wouldn't it be ironic however, is if the Rockets win out and everything falls into place for us to get the 1 seed and play them in the first round??

18. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

The Rockets are Goliath killers as well. Golden State gets more respect then the Rockets do!

19. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

I like Golden State for one 1 day :)

20. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

It's pretty fun knowing that a game we're in effects two teams. We're going to have a bunch of fans against the Nuggets. Would be a HUGE win for the Rockets, a win clinches homecourt advantage in the first round, which is what this team has been fighting for since Yao went down. I hope the Rockets take this game extra seriously.