1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[The Warm Stove] Reality Still on Hold

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Mar 13, 2008.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

It would be a good idea for Adelman to post this blog in the locker-room, just to keep that chip on their shoulders.

http://thewarmstove.blogspot.com/2008/03/reality-still-on-hold.html

[rquoter]
    Their season was supposed to suffer a catastrophic setback when their All-Star center went down with injury, but try and tell these Rockets that. After Yao packed it in and called it a 年 in the midst of a surprising 12-game climb, the Rockets have pushed that streak to a nut-kicking TWENTY games by putting away the Atlanta Hawks on Wednesday.

This edition of the Rockets has already entered their names in the history books, joining the 1970-71 Milwaukee Bucks (hard to believe they actually won something) and the 1971-72 Lakers as the only squads to push an unbeaten streak beyond the 20-game barrier. But the distinctions don’t stop there, as they will also become the first team to win at least 20 games in a row and NOT hoist a championship banner in the same year.

While slipping past soft team after soft team, they have defeated a couple of decent opponents during this unprecedented run. And I do mean a couple: the Cavs and the Hornets. And I guess the Mavs count too, so give credit where credit is due, as coming out with a W against those teams can’t be overlooked. But in a Western Conference where a five-game skid could easily drop a team out of the playoffs and a brutal schedule to close out March (including the Lakers, Celtics, Hornets, Warriors, Suns, and Spurs), the real Houston Rockets will ultimately be on display to showcase their true ability to ball at a championship level.

What do you have to say about that, Tracy?

It's unbelievable. For me to be on this team that has accomplished 20 straight wins, that has got to be right up there with the most gratifying things I've accomplished in this league. You look at the Bulls that were 72-10, they didn't even do it. So this is pretty remarkable.

Easy there, Mac-n-Tease. That Bulls team played every arduous game and fought through each grueling practice with one mantra: “Seventy-two aint a thing without the ring.” And it was that mindset that propelled that truly special group of basketball players to be included in every discussion regarding the greatest sports team…ever. And besides, Mike has more rings than McGrady has playoff victories.

They are undoubtedly the hottest team, but they are far from the best team. They are not even the best team in their division. Not even in their state.

They may be nice, but winning streaks are quickly forgotten. Champions are not. Except for the Spurz-z-zzzz……

So enjoy it while it lasts, Clutch City. And put things into perspective, Tracy. Pete Chilcutt has been on a title Rockets club, and you have yet to see the third week in May.
    [/rquoter]

2. ParaSolid

ParaSolid Member

Looks like some fat-ass blogger is disappointed that the Rockets are getting all the headlines. Pretty uninspired piece, he's clearly just trying to bash the Rockets when there's nothing TO bash. He comes off looking like a bitter piece of crap.

3. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

The reality is the rockets are what they are.

4. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

There's presenting facts and making an argument, and then there's flat out attacking someone. This guy is the latter...the definition of a hater.

5. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

The stove is warm because there is a fresh pile of crap on it.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That blogger had too much fun writing that article...

7. rn_xw

rn_xw Member

I actually found this article worth reading. We still have a lot to prove.

8. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

What's the matter blog boy? Can't get a real newspaper job?

9. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

The anti-Rocket writers out there are really starting to reach. It has basically come down to being dishonest about the strength of the Rockets' opposition during this streak and attacking McGrady's character.

10. busta_cap

busta_cap Contributing Member

My response:

11. poprocks

poprocks Member

Doesn't he even look at the records during the streak? We've beaten a lot of good teams.

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

You've just proven that you don't realize that the Rockets have knocked every other team in the west down a notch, save for LAL.

You've just proven that you don't realize that every other team in the league is paid to play, and is a team of PROFESSIONALS, not highschoolers or college boys.

You've just proven you may be here for the Bulls fan section.

13. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Among all the articles and blogs and newsreels and everything else in the media, the only thing people will remember beyond this year about all this is that a Houston Rockets basketball team achieved the 2nd longest-winning streak in NBA history (or 1st). That's the only thing that will show up. The Rockets winning streak is like the Rolling Stones, and the critics are like the New Riders of the Purple Sage. Only one will really be remembered. So, have fun with it- anytime something becomes a big story like this, you have just as many people that want to knock it down.

14. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I agree COMPLETELY with coach on this one. If winning 20 straight is so easy, why have only 3 teams done it? Most teams go through soft stretches in their schedule, yet all but three have lost before they got here. You trip up against a bad team or a mediocre team has a hot shooting night. It happens, except for three times in the entire history of professional basketball.

Anyone who discounts this and shrugs it off as just an anomaly is not just wrong, but completely ignorant of and disrespectful towards the history of the game.

15. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

This is my response to him:

I feel silly for even giving this guy the time of day.

16. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Boy, you really showed him!

17. Wakko67

Wakko67 Contributing Member

Yeah we got things to prove, but this guy's an idiot. I like how he makes it seem like TMac is happy with only this run and proves something.

If the d-bag knew anything, he'd know that Mac has said this means nothing and the playoffs are the only thing that matters.

I can't believe we've gone on this much about this dum*ss

18. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

My response:

I agree that winning a championship is going to be hard, but don't you think that if they accomplished this feat that they can at least give a pretty good shot at winning it all. I'm not saying it all, but your attitude shows the same attitude tracy had against Detroit and dallas had against golden state. There are no gaurantees so why would you critisize tracy and the rockets for doing something special in a turmoil filled season...when you yourself have made a gaurantee that very well might not hold up.

19. rhinology

rhinology Member

Although I'm a Rockets' fan, I do think you guys are overreacting.
    Look at Patriots, they had 18 wins in a row and only one team in NFL history had done this before. Patriots lost one, suddenly it became a big joke. Yes people will remember Patriots in 2008, but only as the victim of Giants.

I'm not saying winning streak is not greate, but many people think championship is more important than winning streak or perfect season. The blogger is just one of them.

20. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Someone should post this to his blog. ROFL!!!