1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

This is the worst crowd ever.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by yo, Mar 20, 2007.

1. yo

yo Contributing Member

I'm sorry, I had to make a thread. This poor excuse for a crowd makes me ashamed of my city. I get sleepy thinking about how lame it is in that arena, save the Rowdies.

Talk about how much you hate fair-weather fans, corporate snobs, corporate NO-SHOWS!, what to do, is there anything that can be done? Wow, this is disgraceful.

2. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

What? It was pretty full in there tonight.

3. Sextuple Double

I be watching on TV/streams. Why do I see so many red seats :confused:

4. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

looked pretty dead to me too. shameful...

5. lost_elephant

lost_elephant Contributing Member

It wasn't that bad.

6. FJY

FJY Member

Attendance: 12,588

GOD HOUSTON...

You can't be mad about Bonzi saying that he hates the place.

7. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

We need to find all the corporations that has season tickets and guilt them into giving up the tickets to fans that will show. Either that or egg their buildings, key the owners, VPs, and managers' cars that hold the tickets.

8. FJY

FJY Member

Like I said before, there's no point for home court advantage in Houston, because it's not going to sell out anyway.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What was there to cheer about? The clanks off the rim, or the turnovers? Which one?

DD

10. FJY

FJY Member

Even If I don't live in Houston, I still feel shameful for the players and coaches that play in Houston.

It's just a embarrassments compare to SA or Dallas, if we would of have those kind of home crowds, we would probably be a 60+ win team.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Screw Bonzi. He must hate playing in most arenas since he's been on the shelf all season.

12. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Ummmm...yeah it will. Playoffs are a completely different thing. Lots and Lots of Rich Bandwagon fans.

13. YaoYoYao

YaoYoYao Member

The crowd reactions is ... so so tonight. Not bad, but not good either.

It's a tight game till the very end, yet 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter, rows after rows in the lower court are already empty. It seems they care more about beating the traffic than the outcome of the game.

My impression is, save the red rowdies, it's a disengaged and disinterested crowd.

14. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

ask the owner..

it's all on his shoulders...

15. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

It's funny how everyone says that Houston isn't a basketball town, and it's not the fans' fault. That's just BS.

Is Dallas a basketball town? They never won a championship, and they have the Cowboys in town. So why is it that the American Airline Center has always been louder than the Toyota Center?

#15 LegendZ3, Mar 20, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2007
  16. RocketFire

RocketFire Member

I just go and buy myself some cheap ass tickets and then move down in the lower sections of toyota center during half time. I think if more people start moving down, the better the game atmosphere will be.

17. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

It was bad. I just got home. The suits were actually there...well as much as they normally are, maybe a tad more. The upperdeck was EMPTY :confused: So were the seats in the lower bowl behind the baskets. There was a few sections in the upper deck that maybe had 20 fans each the whole game!

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm not defending this year's crowds, but keep 2 things in mind:

1) The late start time might've kept some people away. Factoring in traffic, a lot of people won't get home til after midnight. It is a work/school night.

2) As for the people who did show, what the hell did the Rockets give them to cheer for tonight?! They were terrible out there til the last 6 minutes of the game.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

this blows......im tired of ppl calling about the texans and astros on radio shows too...who cares that baseball is starting...

20. BenignDMD

BenignDMD Contributing Member

Oh yea, and where I was sitting, there were at least 10 completely open rows behind me...well except for the idiot directly behind me that started getting pissed off when I was standing and cheering during the Rockets intro's!! He got really pissed and started screaming profanities! I told him to move a few rows up. He and his girlfriend ended up moving to a new section!