1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Hypothetical) Who would you trade T-Mac for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Feb 5, 2007.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think TMac is an amazing talent, one of the best players in the game, but is he a leader? Is he the type of win at all costs player that elevates his team to the next level? That has been the question that has followed his career everywhere he has been.

So, for giggles, I was wondering whom you would trade Tmac for...straight up?

I would trade him in a heartbeat for:

Lebron
    D-Wade
    Nash
    Nowitski
    Duncan
    Kobe

I would consider trading him for:

Melo
    Arenas
    Ray Allen
    Chris Bosh
    AI
    KG

And, if the Rockets do not get out of the first round again this year........

I would seriously consider trading him for the number 1 pick...if Kevin Durant comes out.....

:D

Have fun !

DD

#1 DaDakota, Feb 5, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  2. TTRocket

TTRocket Contributing Member

I wouldnt trade him for the world. But if I had to, maybe Stromile Swift and the Grizzlies 1st rounder this year.

3. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

The way he is playing right now? NONE.

4. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

I would trade the original poster for a bag of chips...preferably Sun Chips.

I would also trade the OP for

Fritos
    Funyuns
    Doritos
    Cheetos
    Pringles

I might consider also if these were offered

Chester's
    Ruffles
    Lay's
    Rold Gold
    Tostitos

#4 v3.0, Feb 5, 2007
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  5. TeamUSA

TeamUSA Member

But to complement Yao,

Wade
    Bryant
    LeBron
    Nash+

6. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I wish we could reverse the original trade to get back Steve Francis, Cat, and Cato.

I also wish that I would have had this post on ignore so that I could have saved 3 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.

7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

bob's jalapeno>DaDa

:)

8. TMac#1

TMac#1 Member

D-Wade, maybe LeBron, that's it. Especially the way he is playing right now.

9. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Because of that back I would agree with everyone on that top list.

I would have to put KG and Arenas with those guys also..

As far as Durant goes,the sky is the limit.If he had anything around him in the way of quality juniors and seniors UT would be a serious threat to win it all.
    But with regard to the NBA,I see him joining Lebron and those two being the best swingmen for a long time.

10. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

I don't think T-Mac has what it takes to take this team to the next level. I mean, yes, he puts up great individual numbers, but can he get his team to the championship? I'm not sure. It takes a certain type of individual to lead his team to a championship. Individuals like Tom Brady, Michael Jordan, Wayne Gretsky, Joe Montana, Tim Duncan- these are all players who have led their teams to championships. They experienced failure, yet they overcame numerous odds to become champions. They weren't known as the "greatest players never to have won a championship" like some players I know.

Can Tracy McGrady do this? I don't know- I seriously doubt at this stage of his career, because once you get past 7-8 years, it becomes increasingly difficult to take that next step. Yep, don't know if McGrady can do this.

Sincerely,

Peyton Manning

11. rocketsfan33

rocketsfan33 Member

maybe but MJ was 28 before he won his first championship and T-Mac is 27, almost 28 now.

12. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

None of the trades you propose actually make our team any better. Nash's talents would be wasted on our slow, average shooting team. Everyone else on your list is a pure scorer, and isn't half the playmaker T-Mac is.

The only players I'd consider trading Mac for is Kobe or LeBron, and both would require a major upgrade at PG for us to actually be a better team than we are now. All of the other players you have on your list are either MUCH shorter than Mac or big men that wouldn't mesh well with Yao.

13. windfern

windfern Member

I like the maturity of tmac showing at this point. I'll take my chances with him.

But if there's a trade coming, I'd choose bryant or wade or james. i bet you can't get wrong with any of that selection.

14. VicVictory

VicVictory Member

Only player i would think about trading T-Mac for is Lebron James. No kobe, no wade, no dirk. Only Lebron. With Lebron, we have a longer future ahead of us.

15. carolbmt

carolbmt Contributing Member

I like Zapp's. They're both salty and crunchy.

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I agree, I just worry about his back.

DD

17. marciagong

marciagong Member

You guys are just unbelievable! :eek: :mad: I won't trade him for anyone, especially with the way he's playing right now.

18. windfern

windfern Member

So this thread is not hypothetical at all. You really don't trust everybody else in this team at all.

19. JeopardE

JeopardE Contributing Member

You know, my heart kept telling me to stay away from the GARM, but the stupid idiot in me just had to click. And what do you know, another brainless knee-jerk trade T-Mac thread.

Didn't we dig up one of these precious gems of poop like 3 days ago?

20. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

Hmm. I would take wade, kobe, or the piston's starting lineup.

On a side note, Lebron is a monkey.