1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Clutchfans Game thread] Preseason: Rockets v Grizzlies 10/10/2006

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets2K, Oct 10, 2006.

1. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

ITS FINALLY HERE!! (kinda) ;)

ok guys,

Rockets are playing against the Memphis Grizzlies tonight at 7:30, it will be broadcast on FSN (TW channel 37 for those with cable, nto sure about dish)
    EDIT: check page 3 for on internet streaming possibilities for this game...Hawkeye has the headsup

Yao will not be playing....and neither will Pau

but this should be a great chance to see what our new guys can do.

please dont use this thread for play by play...thats what the chatroom is for

and on that note, here is an overview for our new members who dont know about clutchfans game chat.

Game time chat and play by play will be at the same place this year. http://www.clutchfans.net/chat.cfm
    or you can use an IRC client (mirc, etc) to join the correct room on the webchat network (irc.webmaster.com)

there are a few guidelines/rules that you need to know about.

1) no cussing

2) try to refrain from off-topic chat while pbp is going on, there are out-of-town folks who depend on the pbp to keep track of the game, so try to be considerate of them

3) this is a primarily english speaking site, adn as such, we ask you to refrain from using other languages in chat. or as DoD woudl say ENGLISH ONLY!

its pretty basic...during breaks in the game action..its pretty easy going in there...but if you cause problems or keep acting up after you have been warned by the chat ops, you will be booted from the room.(possibly banned for a game or two...depends on what mood Doc is in):D

#1 Rockets2K, Oct 10, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  2. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

where is the game being held at? in Austin or in Houston?

3. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

I'm happy the season is beginning again.
    I'm also going to visit the chat a lot again this year.(i hope). Depends on if my alarm wakes me in time :D, the chat is the best.

I'm really looking forward to see the new guys play.

4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

its at the Toybox. (according to the radio guys I heard this morning)

oh yea,

in addition to the above stuff on chat.

alot of folks dont know how to set their chatnicks in irc...its pretty easy and it gives you an identity in there other than just another guest.

once you are in the room... type /nick [yournick] (without the brackets obviously)...and as long as you arent tryin to use a registered nick,,,it should work for you.
    if you want to rgister a nick...come in chat early (between 6:30 and 7) and Ill help you.

registering your nick guarantees no one else can be you in chat..just makes it easier all the way around since most regulars prefer to be able to refer to who they are talking to by a actual nick and not just "hey guest122345"

#4 Rockets2K, Oct 10, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2006
  5. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Cant wait to see how novak, hyrasaz, Kill bill and lucas do. not to mention battier, bonzi and jacobson.

BTW, how motivated is Rudy Gay gonna be?

6. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Gay: I see Head!

7. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

No chat for me tonight. I have to go to my sister in-laws birthday dinner. :(

I still think PBP should have a separate CHAT room.

Go Rockets!

8. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

why should he??

remember, he didnt actually get traded...the number 8 pick itself got traded and the Grizz decided on Gay...the Rockets said they werent interestd in him at any rate....whether they kept the pick or not.

I actually agree with you Meow...and Im willing to set another room for those who just want to chat non-stop rather than read the pbp.

if we have enough ppl who want that...we will see what we can do..

9. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

I will be there in full Red Rowdy regalia, screaming my head off until I am hoarse.

I love this time of year.

10. Tha TC

Tha TC Member

I'm sorry to hear that Meowgi but tell you what, if your sis in law is legal and kind of hot, i'll join your fam at dinner ;) btw GO ROCKETS!

11. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Just saying they didnt believe in him really should be enough to motivate him to prove the rox wrong. .. anyhow, even without gasol, the grizz will provide us with a quality first up hitout.

12. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

Finally!!!

13. MR. MEOWGI

MR. MEOWGI Contributing Member

I tried it a couple of years ago, and nobody cared. But don't screw things up because of me :D

14. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

HMMM. intersting post.. :eek:

15. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

hey andy, what section is the Rowdies?

I was looking over min-plans and the wife wasnt shooting me down for the smaller ones....but if Im going do that...I want to sit(right...sitting..hah!) with my fellow clutchfans.

16. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

tthe problem with that line of thinking is...they never came out and said they didnt think he would be a good player...they just said he wasnt what they were looking for.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I never understood this reasoning; it just seems like semantics. The Rockets made the decision that they'd rather have Battier than Gay. He was effectively traded.

18. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

YES, but didnt we draft him. i'm sure we drafted him and traded him immediatly for battier. he was wearing the rockets cap at draft night.

19. slowmustang

slowmustang Member

Will there be highlight videos posted afterwards? :D

20. shawn786

shawn786 Member

I have DVRed it. Thanks for the heads up.