1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Can former Rocket Eric Gordon and the Suns bounce back against the Timberwolves? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Can we talk about the streak... so it can STOP!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by K-Low_4_Prez, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

How about them Warriors actually looking legit? 16 straight games is nothing to scoff at and they are on pace with Jordans 72 win Bulls!

Im still not sold on them but they have about as good a shot as anyone to get out of the west right now.

The only reason im starting this thread is in hopes that I jinx the streak and they plummet into oblivion... they better not get near 22!

2 people like this.
  2. fmp087

fmp087 Member

They have to beat the grizzlies, thunder and clippers to have a shot at beating our 22 game winning streak. They will lose to the thunder.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'm calling the Grizzlies. I think that's going to be their weakness, bigger teams like the Grizz. If they get past the Thunder though they will probably get past the Clips.

4. Normalus

Normalus Member

Warriors? Never heard of them :rolleyes: no chance against Grizzlies without Bogut tho

5. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

That sounds familiar...lol

The Grizzlies can be a bit jekkyl and hydeish though

6. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Well, we all know a team can win 22 games in a row, and it doesn't mean a damn thing. Pretty sure GS will make the playoffs, at least.

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Well, that much is obvious. But I don't think they'll be #1 seed at the end of the season.

8. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Anybody hating on the Warriors is probably because:

A) they are ahead of us
    B) Curry is ranked higher as MVP in 90% of the discussions, which is understandable considering how he's playing though I think if you put Harden there and Curry on our squad it would be pretty lopsided in Harden's favour.
    C) the media loves them and cannot stop talking about them. I find it annoying too, but I cannot blame them, Curry's game is so pretty and their style is just great to watch.
    D) their SOS during their streak has not been impressive, but that is the same they were saying about our hot start and guess what: our 22 game winning streak featured a lot of bad to straight up terrible teams. We beat only a handful of good teams in the Lakers, Mavs, Hornets, Cavs.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Ron Adams

10. what

what Member

They are good. It should be a good game tonight. I like watching fun games, win or lose.

11. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

The Bang Bros take them down tonight

12. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/yfdAGkjHGac" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

The season of our 22 win streak, what seed did we end up with? 4 or 5? Did we even make it to the second round that year?

Everybody stop looking at win streaks and look at win percentage. With all due respect, the Warriors are not going to finish with a .913. Memphis will not finish with a .826, and I love how our Rocks are playing be we will finish below .783. Losing streaks will happen to ALL of these teams.

I'm bracing myself for the utter meltdown that will happen in GARM when the Rocks lose three in a row.

14. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

During this streak they have beaten 12 sub .500 teams :eek:
    Brooklyn
    Charlotte x2
    Lakers
    Utah
    Orlando x2
    Detroit
    Minnesota
    Miami (Without Wade)
    New Orleans x2 (once without Davis)

They have 2 wins against good teams without a star
    OKC (Without KD and RW)
    Rockets (Without Howard)

By my count they only have 2 quality wins (Chicago and Dallas sans Pretty Boy) and even those wins aren't terribly impressive. This winning streak is even more fraudulent than ours was. A bunch of wins against bad, or hurt teams. Sometimes both. This team is gonna fall off hard, I don't even think they get to 60, much less 70.

You do have to give them credit for taking care of buisiness, but come playoff time I think San Antonio, OKC, Memphis and us will be better teams

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Their gameplan and style is tough to defeat in regular season play but I could see almost any team in the west holding their own with them in the playoffs. They'd be the least scariest 1 seed I've seen since the 1 and done Mavericks. Even Phoenix might be able to hang with them in a 7 game series if they can land a decent big man.

16. CertifiedTroll

Stephen his almost proven himself to be a Rafer.

17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why are you guys dissing the Warriors? This thread is supposed to jinx them.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Dude!!

You jinxed your jinx by talking about your jinx?

19. PhiSlammaJamma

There is no way they are going to lose another game. too good.

20. J.R.

J.R. Member

33 - 18 to tie; 19 to pass
    27 - 11 to tie; 12 to pass
    22 - 6 to tie; 7 to pass

@Grizzlies
    vs Thunder
    vs Kings
    @ Lakers
    @Clippers
    vs Timberwolves
    vs 76ers