1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dwight Howard Edema

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by gqgeo, Jan 28, 2015.

1. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

1 person likes this.
  2. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i thought i read dwight howard enema :eek:

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

So he leaves game with an ankle injury and they then find an edema of the knee?

Seems strange, TBH.

DD

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I think he was favoring the knee and that may have been What caused the sprain, especially since he tweaked the ankle again yesterday. I could be wrong, but I didn't see any contact, when he rolled it. Morris was near, but not engaging him.

#5 RV6, Jan 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2015
  5. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

So he decided to cleanse his colon?

6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

He's been dealing with his knee all this time, it's been well documented. The ankles injuries happen all the time, especially if you're favoring one leg over a bum one. Nothing strange about it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Dwight Howard can rest his ass for the whole season... We play better team ball without him. He can rest up till playoffs. That's when we need you fully healthy

8. quikkag

quikkag Contributing Member

Very surprised CH wasn't all over this one. :eek:

9. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

That was pretty gross

10. DaDakota

If his knee is that bad, why is he playing? That is what is strange, and what we all want to know is, whether this is something he will recover from or have to manage the rest of his career.

DD

11. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

I agree but we are going to need a rested D12 down the stretch.

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I believe the correct spelling is Edamame.

13. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's probably playing because fans keep talking about how he's injury prone and soft, doesn't care about improving his game, is only needed to anchor the defense, not worth his contract, etc.

Not to mention his off court life is troubling and getting on the court is a great outlet.

People who make $20m are still human off the court. If there's something wrong with his knee there's nothing the coaching and medical staff can't do to prevent him from playing/practicing.

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't think it's that. He took off nearly 4 weeks the first time his knee was injured earlier in the season. He probably felt he was ready to return. Clearly that wasn't the case. I just hope this isn't a season-ending injury.

Right now, he's almost certainly gonna shut it down through the All-Star Break which buys him nearly another month. The Rockets only play 7 times in that stretch. The question is how much time(if any) does he need to sit after that?

If you told me giving him a couple months off til maybe mid-to-late March would allow him to come back and play close to the Dwight we saw last season and earlier this year, that would be fine with me. I just want the guy healthy and fresh for the postseason. The team can win in his absence. They've already proven that(10-4 without him this season).

15. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

rest him until the playoffs, i think we can get a top 4 seed comfortably and we just need him to be right come playoff time

16. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

If we can get Harden a little more help before the trade deadline(PG) I think we can survive this for a few weeks

17. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

I fully expect to hear "microfracture procedure" as soon as the Rockets' post-season is done. Rockets are hiding something...not that I'm surprised.

18. RockingRox

RockingRox Member

Let's find some playing time for TJones.

19. DaDakota

If he needs that better to do it now.

DD