1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. finsraider

finsraider Member

DMo was acquired on draft night, so I consider him Morey's pick.

Dorsey has played solid minutes for us this year. He kind of reminds me of Chuck Hayes....his contribution is bigger than his stature would suggest.

Also, I don't think you can really call Llull a bust, as he would very likely be our backup PG and SG right now. His buyout and his/our needs have prevented him from coming over, but I think that will change this summer.

2. finsraider

finsraider Member

My thoughts as well. TRob struggled and they shipped him to us for Patterson after less than a year. They are just notoriously bad at developing their own players. Stauskas seems like a buy low opportunity on a skilled player.

3. basketballholic

I'm pretty sure Rockets are waiting to see if DWill gets the JSmoove treatment and gets waived after a buyout agreement. I can see the possibility of DWill agreeing to a buyout of his contract that saves BKN around $12 million on the last season of it. He could make up that $$ with 2 years at the MLE. And BKN may even be able to get him to give up that entire last year if they agree not to stretch him.

So I think DWill may be more acquirable as a sign up after he is bought out.

And that scenario might come in tandem with BKN being able to clear out Lopez. Think about that one. Rox help BKN get Lopez out of town. In exchange for that..BKN buys out DWill and he signs here for the minimum followed by 2 years at the MLE. And we keep the Pels pick for later.

4. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

In THIS scenario, I wouldn't mind Deron at all. But only in a buyout situation.

5. Vin2k2

Vin2k2 Member

Who would be our competition to sign him in this scenario if we assume DW is looking to only sign with a contender that can guarantee him a starting PG spot (or at least starter minutes)? From what I recall regarding the Josh Smith signing (we used our BAE I believe), all contenders only have their vet minimums left and are pretty much set at PG barring any major injuries.

GS - Curry
    Mem - Conley
    Por - Lillard
    LAC - Paul
    Dal - Rondo
    SA - Parker
    Phx - Dragic/Bledsoe
    OKC - Westbrook

Atl - Teague
    Tor - Lowry
    Was - Wall
    Chi - Rose
    Cle - Irving

None of the current contending teams need DW as an upgrade to what they already have at PG. The only one I think would have any interest would be NOP since Holiday will be out 2-4 weeks with an injury, but I don't think anybody considers them as serious title contenders this year. Unless DWill is willing to transition to playing mostly SG or coming off the bench as a super-sub, Houston makes the most sense assuming we haven't made any moves to upgrade the PG spot.

6. Zbed

Zbed Member

I would take DWill if this becomes the case.

7. basketballholic

Nobody.

We don't go through the elaborate scheme of helping BKN dump Lopez without assurances DWill wants to come here.

That's the way I see it.

(What if we helped BKN find a deal to dump Lopez and they agreed to trade us Joe Johnson and buy out DWill? Hmmmmmmm. DWill/Harden/JJ/Dwight, DMo)

8. delishman

delishman Member

He's done it again! Meteor Man for #ROY.

9. delishman

delishman Member

lolcats

10. King901

King901 Member

Lol so done....

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Interesting to note that Denver were in talks to acquire Reggie Jackson.

Tells me they are at least somewhat willing to deal Lawson, and Morey should be all over that. Seeing how we performed against the Nuggets it really made me wish we had a high energy PG who can drive and kick for the second unit. Not that he'd necessarily come off the bench, but he would really improve the second unit whereas Beverley's skillset helps our starters but not necessarily our bench.

Wonder what it would take. Brewer/KPap, Canaan and Pels pick? Too little/much?

12. basketballholic

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Let the showcasing of Terrence Jones as a valuable trade asset commence! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DALvsHOU?src=hash">#DALvsHOU</a></p>&mdash; MoiseKapenda Bower (@moisekapenda) <a href="https://twitter.com/moisekapenda/status/560602207435767811">January 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The Rockets cannot give away Brewer. He's too important off that bench. The only reason to trade him is if Morey fears losing him(or has no desire to resign him) this offseason when he's a free agent.

14. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

He's not TOO important. I think Ty Lawson would bring more to this team than Brewer does, and I am a big fan of what Brewer has done since joining here.

I doubt the Nuggets want a vet like Brewer when they can have a young guy like K-Pap for a rebuild, but still it would be ridiculous to hold Brewer out of such a trade especially since we are 3 players deep at SF while we are still running Terry as our backup PG. Logically speaking, the difference between Brewer and K-Pap backing up Ariza is negligble when compared to the boost we'd get from having Lawson eating up Terry and some of Beverley's minutes.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I'd trade Brewer for Mr DUI.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

Leading his team in the spanish league and eurocup this season. Only 1 loss in the eurocup. Morey should try to trade him to the Jazz (Exum) for a second round pick.

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I give you credit for being on his bandwagon for a long time. If Newley was that good, Morey would have brought him over to Houston. I doubt if he has much trade value.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm going to have to dig around later and see what Bima has to say about the contracts of Donuts and Jones this summer. As I mentioned someplace yesterday, what if Morey doesn't move one of those two guys because the right deal just doesn't come along at the deadline? Like maybe he makes a minor deal(s), or no deal at all? What exactly is our situation at the end of the season with those two? Both are 1st round picks, of course, unlike Parsons, who brought this to mind.

I'm growing to like the idea of keeping who we have together when it comes to our big men and wings. I was thrilled to watch all those long, quick 3/4's assaulting the Mavs in waves last night. We still need to improve our depth at the 1/2, in my opinion. Hopefully a new starting one who isn't a liability on defense and can create and score, playing with or without Harden, preferably someone taller than 6 feet (which sounds very much like the cat I want, Dragic). Is it worth losing all the depth we seem to suddenly have to pull that off? I wasn't conflicted about moving one of Donuts or Jones before, but now I feel the conflict welling up inside of me. Clearly, I've been affected by the game last night. Is there a pill I can take??

1 person likes this.
  19. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Member

"BimaThug, paging bimathug...."

1 person likes this.
  20. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

ALWAYS take the red pill!!!...:cool:

GO ROCKETS!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.