1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The NBA fined Golden State's Steph Curry $5,000 for flopping in Game 1 of the Western Conference Fin

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Camarograna2, May 20, 2015.

1. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think the key part of his quote was 'Everybody does it.' Subtle way to bring up another flopper in this series without naming names. Jamal Crawford was just a 'beard' ;)

Yeah and you'd love it if McHale stood up for his players like that.

2. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

the fact that he did it in the fourth quarter should make the fine four-fold since the flop has a much higher chance of influencing the game at that point.

3. MistaK

MistaK Member

Well to be fair nothing was called on that play anyway, so the 'flop' didn't affect the outcome of the game one bit. As much as I like that fact that Curry has received a flopping warning, personally, I didn't consider this particular play to be a flop. I've seen Curry do worse things and those weren't called flops for some reason.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

this team is easily climbing it's way to the top of my most hated teams of all time. They are getting close to the 07/08 Jazz.

5. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

yes nothing was called, but it could have. the league shouldnt have to wait till something bad happens as a result of flopping, they have already shown they will punish it regardless of floor outcome