1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Movie] "Ghostbusters" Reboot - All female cast

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dback816, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

Are we saying we haven't watched any feature length films since the Kristofferson-Scheider era, or do we not know how cable works? (to say nothing of sexism...)

2. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Looks like they are pushing hard to recoup their losses from their ****ty movie in China. Good luck. I notice they didn't trot out their "bankable" stars tho lol.

3. hlcc

hlcc Member

Looks like a very meh movie to me,,, but than again I thought the original Ghostbusters was very meh as well. I was born in the mid-80s but due to various reasons watched the original Ghostbusters for the very first time only a couple of years ago. Since the Ghostbusters franchise don't have any nostalgic value to me I don't really understand the massive amount of vitriol aimed at this reboot. I doubt it'll be a good movie but I don't think it's record breaking downvotes bad level either.

4. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It seems this is the route every big-budget Hollywood movie is going. There is a lot of money to be made in China and movies are being shaped to meet that market (and government review). In a lot of cases, it means a lot more ****ty movies that may not earn much in the U.S. but still make bank in the international space.

5. Bandwagoner

but every movie doesn't trot out one of the biggest american stars to do it.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

And by biggest you mean... biggest.

[​IMG]

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Cut the cord a while back.

8. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/movies/...boot-is-called-ocean-s-8-new-details-revealed

Yea, **** hollywood. Forgot about the all female ocean's 11 reboot.

[​IMG]

Sandra Bullock will lead an all-female Ocean's Eleven reboot

9. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

Who cares if they 90% of movies are lousy? Is this anything new? There are still plenty of good movies every year, and countless old movies to catch up on if somehow anyone can manage to see all the current ones.

10. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Well just when I was feeling a little optimistic about the movie, they release this...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/2AQ44nPrRTM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Jontro

Jontro Member

Not giving money to this new feminist movement. Will probably torrent, in case there is a hot lesbian scene.

12. LosPollosHermanos

Supporting Member

Should probably check to make sure MM isn't in it, could leave you scarred instead...

13. conquistador#11

so are we just going to ignore the 79% rating on RT so far?
    maybe there was a mistake.

14. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

not giving money to a movie where they cast a big loud black woman to play a big loud black woman. that crap is annoying and by crap i mean big loud black women :p

15. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

I'm hearing its the most god awful thing every put on screen. Gonna pass.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

From what I've read the early reviews are mostly mixed to positive. The biggest complaint is that the film doesn't differentiate itself from the original to make it's worth remaking.....

17. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

I've heard that a lot of the early positive reviews are by people with agendas so I'd take the RT score with a grain of salt until we at least hit the release date. A lot of the recent unbiased reviews are saying it's not worthy of the "chauvinistic hatred", but also not worthy of the feminist fanfare. In other words, It's pretty "meh" like virtually every other Summer blockbuster.

18. Nook

Nook Member

Looks like a total **** show to me other than the CG.

19. 713

713 Member

I'm gonna check it out when I go movie hopping this weekend but I'm only paying for Finding Dory.

Thug life.

20. Bandwagoner

They did reshoots after the poorly reviewed trailer so it is possible it went from awful to below average. Still not watching. The insidious marketing campaign and complete disregard to the original material is enough to turn me off.

They ridiculed the poor reviews and dismissed them as sexist, but then did reshoots to address the problem. You can't get more full of ****.