1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Berger] Morey no longer a Deron Williams fan

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by larsv8, Jan 9, 2014.

1. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Sure its a risk. Everything is a risk. If we stand pat and miss out on both LMA or Love, we'll be in just as bad a situation. Imo, a all-star point guard who can create, dish & finish is more valuable than a stretch 4. Why? Because he'll make the game so much easier for everybody top to bottom. A stretch 4 would be great, but somebody's still gotta get them wide open shots. With D-Will, Harden can play offball and Dwight would average 4-6 more points off alleys. Players like TJones would make a killing of easy baskets.

I HOPE Morey's not stupid enough to back away from getting a elite point guard

2. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

And you will be completely fine with that 20 million sitting on the bench with street clothes, half of the time? It's not a remote possibility, but rather quite realistic picture in the next few years.

I thought we had enough of such painful experiences.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I had enough of T-Mac and Yao so no thanks...

4. conquistador#11

this is a trade nets owner should have pounded on, asik plus lin puts them in the playoffs in the east. it would have taken a HEALTHY dwill, to pry away one of Lex's favorite players, but let's face it, a healthy williams is like a unicorn.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

More often than not he's been playing hobbled, and he has a max contract. So adding him to this team, in my opinion, is not a "clear upgrade" to our PG situation.

6. CasaDolce

CasaDolce Rookie

DWill when healthy is very very good. If he can be healthy for even 2/3 of a season and give you 50 good games it's still an upgrade from Jeremy/Bev/Brooks. Morey should go for it.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It has been a tough season and disappointing so far.

But to be clever we have to evaluate in the offseason and go from there.

I would get some bench players first and go from there.