1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Should JJ Watt play more offense?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by mockster, Sep 16, 2014.

1. Raven

Raven Member

Absolutely not, and the reasons (injury, fatigue) should be obvious.

2. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't play fantasy football, but if Watt scores an offensive touchdown how are his points recorded since he is on defense?

3. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I think it would only count in leagues with individual defensive players.

If you have the Texans defense, I don't think it counts since the defense didn't score.

Watt may become available as a TE in some leagues.

4. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

In goal line formation he should get plays at TE and FB. He would be a devastating blocker clearing the hole and also a matchup nightmare when he slips out into a pass pattern. I might even play in at G where you could have him pull and lead block on a sweep. He could crush a DB.

Maybe as the deep safety on Hail Mary defense too. He has amazing hops, takes up a lot of room, and has the strength to pull down a jump ball.

5. CCorn

CCorn Member

Throw him a few more passes as a red zone TE, then in a game that matters use him to distract the defense from foster.

6. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

He's also amazing at rushing the passer, so there's always that...

7. conquistador#11

i heard he was going to replace howard as the goalie on the u.s national squad . fifa world cup champions 2018!

(insert video clip of watt playing goalie at reliant)

8. mockster

mockster Member

I'm not saying watt should be a huge part of the offense I'm just saying a few plays here and there. My point is come playoff time it's all or nothing and if he can contribute either taking pressure off others or being the main target I don't see why not. I would love to see him getting some good offense time in the playoffs. Very talented player.

9. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

HA! :grin:

10. StevieCrossover

Goal line run. Pass the ball to Watts, he bulldozes through, he scores! The other team dont know Watt hit them.

11. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Watt is wrong with you people. JJ will never play an offensive play unless it is on goal line situation.