1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Teddy Bridgewater

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Old Man Rock, Feb 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2014/4/18/5626974/college-competition-and-nfl-success

2. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

The stats are a bit convoluted but the basic summary is that a conference a player played in should have MINUSCULE impact when evaluating a player's potential

3. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Exactly my point. Half the people out there are feeding misinformation. Why repeat it. Watch some film and base your Mock on something real and don't believe everything everyone says.

4. Remii

Remii Member

You have the most post in the Johnny thread and that's all you do over there is troll... You bash that TEXAS KID every chance you get. And now you talking about blocking people. Really...???

Teddy has a strangle hold on you guys emotional mind state and you all get sensitive behind him like Ralph Tresvant. A bunch of Mr Sensitivity dudes... Man up darn it.

5. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I still don't understand how you fail to see that when people are knocking Teddy, they are doing so using his film. It's possible that the flags first showed up in the media when he bombed his Pro day, or when he ran a poor 3 cone at the combine before sitting out the rest, but people took those flags and went back to the tape to see if they showed up there.....they did.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/04/18/mark-dominik-teddy-bridgewaters-problems-go-beyond-pro-day/

If people keep poking holes in Teddy's tape, what will you turn to then? Pretty much every single area in which he was being sold on other than the fact that he loves his mamma has been either debunked or put into question.

Again, I was one of those who bought in to Teddy's stock initially as well, I had him as the top QB in the draft for a pretty long time, but I just don't see how any objective person could still have that opinion unless they are just choosing to ignore everything that doesn't fit their pre-conceived opinion.

7. Old Man Rock

I don't fail to see anything because I watch the film myself. I can see for myself his faults and his attributes. I can also see you are a troll and anything coming out of your mouth is just diarrhea of a troll. You know you are full of BS and that's what spews out of your mouth everytime you post on here. You think Bridgewater is a mid round pick. Fine we get that. So quit trolling and wait for the draft I am record telling you he will be drafted in the first round. When he is, come on here and admit you are an idiot. Or not it won't change the fact you are one.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, in your opinion, "trolling" is when someone expresses and defends a different opinion than the one you prefer to believe? I've been really patient with you about this so far, but I think we're done here. You've proven time and again that you are incapable of calm, respectful, rational discussion so there's no point wasting any more time on you. Believe whatever you want to believe kid, I just ask that you not be such an ass about it when people disagree with you.

9. Old Man Rock

Trolling is when you troll. You know you are a troll. Quit trolling on here.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You're ridiculous.

11. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

Give it a rest both if you or bans will be forthcoming.

12. HTown_DieHard

HTown_DieHard Member

it seems that non teddy bridgewater fans get really upset when teddy bridgewater fans want to talk about teddy bridgewater in the teddy bridgewater thread.

uh-oh, i just said teddy bridgewater 4 times... i'm in for it now!!!

13. ballplayer

ballplayer Contributing Member

Teddy was in the top 10 in the 3 cone drill. Which is a drill that means nothing for a pocket passer QB(Or any QB Really). Of the 4 events Teddy participated in he was in the top 5 in two and top 10 in the other 2. A good time in a three cone drill is 8 seconds (Teddy had a 7.1 and the highest was 6.55) and means more to a rb,lb,db position because it's about getting low and changing direction with the hip movement. So Bobby again understand what you are reading and know that is doesn't add up.

14. ballplayer

Teddy was in the top 10 in the 3 cone drill. Which is a drill that means nothing for a pocket passer QB(Or any QB Really). Of the 4 events Teddy participated in he was in the top 5 in two and top 10 in the other 2. A good time in a three cone drill is 8 seconds (Teddy had a 7.1 and the highest was 6.55) and the drill means more to the rb,lb,db position because it's about getting low and changing direction with hip movement. So Bobby again understand what you are reading and know that is doesn't add up.

The holes they are supposedly poking are very small when you look at the QB Position. Why would they do this? Because they are the media!! They get cash to hopefully push a players stock down to were another team can draft them. So I'm hoping the Texans are not listening to this crap and can do there own evaluations and make the right football decision. Draft Teddy Bridgewater #1 overall, don't wait.

Okay He has to wear gloves!!!!! So What!! If that is all it is, I can live with that. He never had a fumbling problem before.

He is skinny now. So what!! That is what a NFL weight Training Program is for!!! Plus he is only 21. Most players that come into the league need a Weight training program. JJ Watt did!

#2494 ballplayer, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Regarding his weight, it's more about his frame that people have a problem with...he's a twig. It's a legitimate concern. Seth Payne talks about it all the time and I'd trust his judgement over most on this board.

I personally dont put as much weight on that issue...but I have no problems when people are worried about it, because it can easily be the difference between a guy that consistently plays 16 games a year and a guy that misses games every season.

16. ballplayer

You know what rez. I can respect that. I just can't stand the misinformation that is being passed off as a legit reasons to pass on the kid when he is clearly the best pocket QB in this draft. Regarding the weight issue though, if he had a injury prone past or played reckless I could say yeah I would not take him first as well, but the kid plays the game the way a QB is suppose to play it. He is tough and slick in the pocket and runs enough to keep the defenses honest and smart enough to slide. I still think he is a go.

#2496 ballplayer, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  17. endoftheworld

endoftheworld Member

18. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

...just like that other thread...with that other QB in the draft.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

He has just about the same exact frame as RGIII, which is much more damaging for RGIII because he spends so much of his QB life outside the pocket. Call them both small if you want, but it certainly didn't hurt Griffin in his pre-draft process the way it's "hurt" Bridgewater (insofar as a player who has yet to be drafted can be hurt).

Also, what kind of frame would you say Russell Wilson has? I know he ended up as a third round pick, but still, I had hoped that NFL teams by now would have learned to parse out the difference between players who LOOK the part (Locker, Gabbert, Ponder, Bortles) and players who actually know how to play the game (Wilson, Foles, Cousins, Bridgewater).

Overall, I do think a ton of it's a smokescreen and would be willing to put a $20 tipjar bet on Bridgewater being drafted in the top half of the first round. Any takers? Also, I can't accept your bet if I can't see your post! Don't worry there's only two of you that applies to.

20. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Speaking of Cousins, he's listed at 6'3", 209 lbs. How many people here wanted us to trade for him? Never heard his weight/size brought up as a concern. People would talk about how big Ryan Mallett is but never how "small" Cousins is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.