1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I like him, i like him more than Lawson for our team, he's just a guy that can provide a positive influence. He managed to be productive when he was the 2 guard to Chris Paul (the most ball dominant player in the nba), he managed to be productive when Paul was injured as the pg, then before he got injured in Sacramento as their main guy, he's not a world beater, but he's just a guy that knows how to be a positive in whatever role he's thrown into.

2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I had forgot about him when he played with CP3 but thanks for pointing that out. That makes me feel even better about him as far as fit goes. I think he can be had without giving up the farm like we'd have to with Lawson as well.

3. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

So you're mad because Morey built a championship contending team but didn't also magically turn a pick that everybody knew would either be #14 or #18 into a star player that could put us over the top?

Man, you don't even know what he did behind the scenes. You have no idea. And neither do I. But I'm giving this guy the benefit of the doubt, because he doesn't seem to screw up too often.

7. malakas

malakas Member

Manu on 2.5 per...:mad: now Duncan vet min.???
    it doesn't make sense for the Kings except they are stupid.:cool:

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Where did you hear that Duncan was playing for the vet minimum? There's no way he's coming back for that amount. If he does, there's some under the table shenanigans going on there.

9. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Well, the Spurs will give Duncan a job within their organization anyway. They take care of their 'stars' after they retire.

10. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Spurs pay low but they will take care of you in the long run. Mavs will pay you big but get rid of you after they are done. Rockets will give you a conniving contract by a manipulator.

11. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Stupid + needing a 4 + collison not being all too happy about rondo

12. malakas

malakas Member

nooo lol I didn't hear it anywhere because i don't know. I should put even more smilies, to pass smth as joke it seems :(

13. malakas

malakas Member

exactly. With stupid being the first and foremost reason.:grin:
    No other franchise would sell off a good respectable pg like Collison after his last season, to accomodate a one season rent of lockeroom cancer Rondo and a horrendous series of decisions that lead to roster imbalance.

14. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

ish smith
    aaron brooks
    jameer nelson

which one will we sign?

15. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

I cannot remember which writer/insider (Lowe?) on twitter mentioned it, but the Kings reportedly want to experiment with 2 PG lineups - Collison beside Rondo.

16. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Which stars are they taking care of and how are they doing it? Currently they have no former stars in their front office.

17. Jpripper88

Jpripper88 Member

Extremely possible. In fact, the only scenarios are: 1. He returns; 2. We lose him without getting anything.

There is no other scenario.

18. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Don't see Morey using the MLE on any of those guys.

He's targeting a legit starting PG and trading contracts he purposely setup (like KPap), and rotation players (like Jones/Capela) and perhaps KJ (using a SnT).

Those are formidable assets to land a Lawson-type PG currently in a bad situation. Bear in mind, we still have our future 1st rd picks as well.

None of those journeymen bench PGs move the needle for us.

Morey will be patient and do what he's best at doing.

19. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Well AB is obviously the only plus player in that list.

But he'd have to know that he would be traded away come the deadline. As usual. haha

20. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i was thinking more along the lines of vet minimum for one of these, while using the MLE on KJ and/or smoove and/or some foreign find and/or some waived player during the season. we'll know better in a few days, but i wouldn't be surprised if he basically does nothing of significance and just waits for july '16

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.