1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Titans

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Oct 21, 2014.

1. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Personally, this game will have an added wrinkle of interest for me. Zack Mettenberger will be started for the first time. After the Texans failed to draft a QB in an early round, he is the LSU quarterback I was hoping the Texans would draft in a late round. He is tall, strong-armed, smart and prefers to stay in the pocket even though he can juke and dodge like a Tony Romo. Of course, I'll be rooting mightily against him, but, still, I'm curious to see how he fares against Watt and Clowney.

2. Remii

Remii Member

Terrible situation for a rookie quarterback to get their 1st start... Trial by fire.

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, and a batting champ.

Sports 610 said he's immobile.

4. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Tony Romo is not exactly what I would call "mobile." However, Romo made Watt (my favorite defensive player) look pretty silly a couple of times. Mettenberger is that kind of sneaky -- but not fast or mobile, just dodgy. However, he certainly doesn't have Romo's experience coping with pressure defense.

5. Remii

Remii Member

Wow...!!! I'm so not impressed.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

This makes me less confident going into Sunday and beyond. Romo is mobile IMO. Mobility isn't solely about being fast and running around, it's really about buying time to break down the defense. Guys can only cover so long.

I know.... you sold out your team. :eek:

7. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

So is clowney playing?

8. thedude077

thedude077 Member

YOU CAN NOT LOSE TO A ROOKIE QUARTERBACK.

9. MystikArkitect

The Titans already looking to see what they have in Mett. If we lose this Sunday, a QB change is needed. I have no prediction for this game, as there won't be a single outcome that would surprise me.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well they're 2-5, it makes sense that they are giving up on the season already. They were giving Locker one last chance to prove that he was better than he looked and he proved just the opposite. Turning to a 6th round rookie QB is waiving the white flag on the season and ensuring you get a top pick in the draft. If we manage to lose this week I'd be fine with doing the same.....actually I'd be fine with doing it already because IMO the season ended last week.

11. Remii

Remii Member

Nooooooo... Drayton McLain sold out "your" team.

That may only happen if Fitzpatrick goes bat bleep crazy on Sunday... Plus Indy is still not out of reach (especially if they lose on Sunday).

12. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

I agree that if we lose this game, its Mallet time.

The media definitely will be pushing for it. I've already seen a Mallet fluff piece or two.

If we lose to the Titans, anyone that thinks the playoffs are a possibility is dreaming. They're an absolute long shot as it is as of now.

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> have called up OLB Jason Ankrah from the practice squad to the active roster for the Titans game.</p>&mdash; Jayson Braddock (@JaysonBraddock) <a href="https://twitter.com/JaysonBraddock/status/526054094654296064">October 25, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Simon is out and Reed seems questionable.

We also need depth to spell Clowney.

15. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

I thought ankrah was pretty decent in the preseason.

16. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Didn't they cut him after one game in which he was a no show?

17. Houstunna

Supporting Member

False.. I still have my squad. It's your choice to disown them, though. Weak, but your choice regardless.

All hail the batting champ!!!

18. Remii

Remii Member

It seems you're under the impression that I was an Astros fan in the 1st place... But congrats on the batting champ. I guess that's better than nothing.

19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

I have an email from Fox 7. They're showing the Texans game and not the later Cardinals v Eagles game. They also have the early game in London that kicks at 9am

I'm not sure why it's so hard for you to belive that a Texas station would want to show a Texas team vs a former Texas team who still has (gag) a lot of fans. And, yes, I DO want to watch it.

20. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Well, you said "we" in post #179.

There's no need to guess because it IS something. And the team is improving.