1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Summer 2015] Shows to Watch?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Jun 9, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Juxtaposed Jolt

Zoo premieres on CBS, tonight. It's based off James Patterson's book, so I'm not sure how many of you partake.

Basic premise: something is causing animals around to randomly attack people, causing (presumably) worldwide chaos. And I guess a team of scientists are tasked with finding out wtf is going on.

Sounds good, but it's on CBS, so you know the 'gore' will be toned way down.

2. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I might look into it.
    Sounds like the more active, better ANIMAL version of THE HAPPENING
    LoL [The Happening had plants killing people, . . .or was it the wind. . . something]

Rocket River

3. conquistador#11

began watching 'last ship'. it felt like those shows that would air on channel 51 before the steve francis and moochie would take the court. really low production value. but i made it past episode 3, and i'm liking it. cheering for McSteamy to come through and save the world.

4. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Last Ship is surprisingly good. It's in the same category as Hercules Journeys, Xena, Legend of the Seeker. Just solid fun. I love the diversity in the cast; there is also a surprising amount of character development. Best of all stuff that happens in previous episodes have consequences.

5. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Have to agree on Last Ship, very watchable...only reason I started watching was because of

Rhona

[​IMG]

But the show is actually decent.

Wife and I just finished up Sense8 on Netflix, much better show than expected.

6. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Anyone obligation watching Extant? Season 2 premiere pretty much scraped everything from season 1. I keep forgetting Halle Berry is an Oscar winner; she is a terrible actor.

7. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I am liking the Last Ship a lot. The last episode wasn't the strongest, but I am still fully on board.

Mr. Robot had a great first episode. I am planning on watching last night's episode when I get home from work. Hopefully they can keep it going at a high level.

8. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Halle Barry is a terrible actor. In X-Men, it always seemed like she was working on a completely different script than everyone else.

9. GRENDEL

Suffered through the first season and was wondering if I should waste the effort on season 2.

Agreed, she's pretty awful.....

10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Absolutely Horrible
    She got the Oscar for an Horrible Role in Horrible Movie
    and she was acting Horribly in it

I saw that Extant was coming on . . . . My finger was on the button
    Was gonna peak in on it. . . then I decided against it
    I wasted last summer on it. . . . Fool me once

Rocket River

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I watched the first two episodes, it's super weird, it almost has a Dexter feel at times. I'm not sure where they are going with it, but I think it has potential to be good.

12. conquistador#11

Anyone watching "Wentworth"? Truly, a great show. It's an aussie production.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

I think it's been mentioned in this thread before, but the pilot for "Another Period" was really good. The second episode, however, was too on-the-nose with the whole "men can be raped too" plot.

14. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Checked out DarkMatter this weekend, just feels like I've seen it before but slightly holding my interest. Also checked out Humans on AMC, this one seems to have more potential of the two. The whole singularity concept and its effect on society is a lot more interesting to watch play out than the band of space renegades thing.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I too got hooked on the android theme since I saw Ex Machina.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Checked out Defiance Season Three this weekend.
    So far not bad

Rocket River

17. Xenon

Xenon Contributing Member

I'm also looking forward to the new season. Amazingly good show.

18. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. Otherwise I wouldn't have known Rectify was back on. I'm going to watch Season 3, Episode 1 tonight. I love that show.

Other shows I'd highly recommend:

The Americans
    Louie
    Orphan Black
    The Good Wife
    Damages
    Enlightened
    Daredevil

Lately I've been catching up on Six Feet Under, which I never finished way back when, and it holds up so beautifully.

19. GRENDEL

Surprised at the all the good returns for Syfy's Killjoys and Dark Matter. I had seen the preview and thought they looked interesting but decided against it, might have to give them a run.

Started rewatching HBO's Rome last night out of boredom....love that show....

20. cardpire

cardpire Member

My favorite finale of all-time.

Did Rectify get better Season 2? If I thought season 1 was awful, should I bother with Season 2?