1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Astros Tracking Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by torque, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Cut him some slack. Cangrejero is clearly bilingual and English is probably not his first language. No need to be an ******* about that.

2. The Beard

The Beard Contributing Member

Not sure what his first language is

But baseball isn't a language he speaks at all

3. HstnSprtsFan101

Villar with a massive day vs Arrieta & the Cubs, 3-4, 2B, 3 SB's, 2 R

4. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Last year I said I preferred to give more at bats to Villar over Lowrie

5. Buck Turgidson

I told yall he was a player...

6. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

Yes, his only problem is concentration on defense, he usually makes the difficult play and mistakes on easy ones

7. The Beard

Prefer him over Correa or Altuve?

8. xcrunner51

xcrunner51 Contributing Member

Villar's problem is consistency not talent. He's going to have good days, possibly lots of good days. But he was never going to get enough playing time in Houston to iron out his kinks. Just too many better options here.

9. Buck Turgidson

You're an Aggie, so I understand how you can commiserate

10. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

I don't think that commiserate is the word, i just think he is a good person.

He sees when a person takes personal shots, even tough i am not saying anything personal to him, actually, nothing at all.

Is ok to disagree about things, baseball and other things, but take things personal because one is talking about baseball, for me is STUPID.

I have that person in my ignore list, but looking at your comments, i see what that "mean" person is continue to do, a bully that is trying to insult me as a person and as a hispanic person.

The great thing about the GREAT NATION of USA is that the minority of the people are like that mean person that treats people that talk a different language as inferior, many would call that racism.

Now, i can tell you one thing, if you write something is spanish, and is wrong, I WILL NEVER MAKE FUN OF YOU, I will HELP YOU.

For me, and i am sure that guy is like that, is a mean person, a bully and racist thats why you will not see me respond to anything he has to say (and i have him ignored) and life is way too complicated to get personal with inferior minds over a baseball game or baseball team.

He wants to be a homer, i respect that, i want to be judgmental over my team, well, all can disagree, i respect that, but when you get personal because of it, then i will always disagree if is against me, or other forum member.

11. The Beard

Lol to thinking this "mean person" takes his Astros hate personal

That's funny

And I'm racist too huh?

Lol

12. The Beard

Lo siento que usted piensa que soy una persona media

Es solo la discusion sobre un tablon de anuncios, lo que realmente sabemos nada el uno del otro

Nunca se debe llamar a alguien racista si no los conoces aunque

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Minors deal
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Orioles have signed Wandy Rodriguez according to a source.</p>&mdash; Dan Connolly (@danconnolly2016) <a href="https://twitter.com/danconnolly2016/status/726060039665012736">April 29, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. cangrejero51

cangrejero51 Member

VV pitched 6 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs 4 walks and 6 K

He did walked 2 too many but did not pitch bad at all.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Chris Carter was locked in during Sunday's 14-5 obliteration of the Marlins, finishing 3-for-5 with a pair of homers, three RBI and three runs scored.

Not only did Carter homer twice, he also hit his 10th double of the season. The streaky slugger went yard with a two-run shot in the third inning and followed that up with a solo dinger just an inning later. After being non-tendered by the Astros over the winter, Carter is slashing a silly .278/.355/.671 with seven homers and 18 RBI for the Brew Crew.

**********​

Braves manager Fredi Gonzalez confirmed Sunday that Mike Foltynewicz will be recalled from Triple-A to start on Monday.

The Braves could have opted to skip the spot in the rotation after Saturday's rainout, but they'll stick with the plan to recall the young right-hander instead. Foltynewicz owns a 2.05 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 20/14 K/BB ratio over 22 innings this season at Triple-A Gwinnett.

16. RockFanFirst

RockFanFirst Member

Sounds racist to me.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Another good start from Velasquez. This time against the Indians.

18. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think VV is legit. As long he doesn't get hurt, I think this might turn out to be the worst trade in Astros history.

19. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

uhnow's track record of trading prospects for "stars" or veterans lookin weeeeeak:

Giles 9.00 ERA, 2 BS
    Gomez 516 OPS
    Fiers 4.97 ERA
    Kazmir playing for Dodgers
    Gattis 658 OPS

Velasquez 4-1, 1.44 ERA in majors
    Appel 3-0, 1.64 ERA in AAA
    Eshelman 1.80 ERA in High A
    Phillips 116 ops+ in AA
    Hader 0.78 ERA in AA
    Santana 791 OPS in majors
    Mengden 0.78 ERA in AA
    Folty 1.64 ERA in AAA
    Ruiz 920 OPS in AAA

20. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Folty and Ruiz? Really?

Right now, the only meaningful comparison is the prospects MLB numbers... they were all good prospects for the Astros, so them putting up solid numbers in minor league play is merely what they were already doing (except Appel... who is now putting up better minor league numbers... but remains a 3-year minor leaguer despite being a 4 year college player and #1 overall pick).

Right now, VV is the main loss... by far... but like many have said, the Stros weren't unconvinced of his stuff, they were unconvinced at his ability to stay healthy and carve out a long enough career as a starter.