1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The WWE/Pro Wrestling Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by stthomsfinest, Aug 20, 2013.

1. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

A good crowd can make a show better. A huge part of the recent problems is the fact that this company is perfectly content to allow their top faces to have mixed at best responses.

Aj was getting the best face reactions, and Rollins was primed for a huge babyface run, yet they are gonna attempt to work heel because this company is hopeless. This brand split is just a huge excuse for Reigns and Cena to look super strong for their inevitable match at Wrestlemania where Cena will put Reigns over.

If you don't really like Reigns, which most of us don't as a face, it will continue to be supreme mediocrity.

2. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

It was great to see him turn heel because it keeps him at a main event level. People were scared with Seth's return, AJ was left in the dust. I guess it will only depend on what happens to him after losing to Cena, but I kinda feel like he's already losing momentum.

But as a face he's on a losing streak that's probably only third to Bray and Ziggler. He's put on magnificent matches, but he's lost to Roman twice, where he's thrown every move in his WWE arsenal at him. The boos for Roman have been overpowering the pops for AJ, but that could be me underestimating the hate for Roman.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think if you look forward they can stretch out AJ Vs Cena thru SummerSlam and after that you have a draft in which everybody comes out on new shows with a fresh start and new directions.

WWE wants the AJ styles from Japan that kicked ass and showed fire and personality. He seemed so much more confident on Raw in that role and honestly I think its the best thing the AJ styles character has done since debuting in WWE.

The most important part for AJ isn't winning right now its establishing his character and himself as a main event act to Vince... Rather than just a great wrestler.

4. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Everything with everyone will probably, hopefully, be squashed to reboot with this brand split after summerslam. Is it planned for after?

I'm fine with AJ whatever happens as long as he rethinks his hair. Or rethinks his wardrobe for interviews.
    [​IMG]

5. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Just watched the Seth Rollins special, which paints him as a really driven sympathetic guy. He says he doesn't want to come back and do the same thing. So I'm annoyed they're putting him right back where he left, as a chicken heel running away from Roman Reigns.

And that promo they did last night was just one of the worst things, they did the same will-they-won't-they that Roman and Seamus did, except this time they didn't even have the heel talk. Probably because they were scared people would start cheering as soon as Seth speaks.

6. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

[​IMG]

7. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

I think it worked well, I mean it got heat on Seth which is the point of the segment... The less Seth talks right now the better since they know the crowd is starved for him.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Yes.. that's quality work from the WWE. Do everything in your power to keep the crowd from cheering a guy they desperately want to get behind.

9. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

the Seth Rollins 24 special was spectacular. Loved how he faced Styles when he was 19 and the stories he had with Owens, Aries, Zayn when he was at ROH

Then at the end of it, show his comeback at Extreme Rules with Styles welcoming him back behind the scenes after his run in with Reigns.

WWE does some high quality shows on the network. I just want some more episodes of Breaking Ground now

10. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Idk man do we really think Seth is the same as a face I mean the only reason people are cheering him now is because he was just such a good heel... Thats what got him to this level. I look at Rollins similar to old school Triple H, when he came back from that torn quad he got cheered like crazy and nobody had ever cheered him like that, but he quickly went right back to heeling off because thats the best version of his character.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Watching the Rollins thing on the Network.

WWE glorifying backyard wrestling :eek:

Please, don't try this at home. Unless you are gonna be a future WWE wrestler, I guess.

12. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

13. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Good for him. In WWE he isn't allowed to talk, only does one type of suplex, and is required to take a crotch shot each match.

14. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Lol h
    Lol he is still under contract for WWE, but apparently Vince and Dana have finally sat down and negotiated some sort of deal... This is a huge development I mean Dana has always tried to distance the UFC from pro wrestling but maybe things are changing.

Wouldn't be surprised if we see McGregor appear on WWE television sometime in the next year.

15. VanityHalfBlack

*** Mcgregor. Lame if he goes to WWE.

16. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

He's the ultimate heel haha his whole character was built around pro wrestling

17. VanityHalfBlack

18. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

In order for the Club to be successful I think they need to book them as tweeners and not full fledged heels. They are going to get cheered regardless with smarky towns. Have them attack both faces and heels as well as don't have them team up with anyone but each other. I don't want to see any random tag matches with AJ teaming up with Owens or something like that which the WWE is known to do. I think their run could be really successful and then you can add Balor sometime in July and either kick AJ out or have them be a 4 man stable.

19. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Mir is busted for positive drug test and suspended

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/4/8/11396356/frank-mir-releases-statement-on-potential-usada-anti-doping-policy

There are rumors WWE is trying to get a UFC fighter to appear at Summerslam, with Paige VanZant being rumored. Should be interesting since it's on the same weekend as UFC 202 where CM Punk should be making his debut.

20. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I fear The Club is next...

[​IMG]