1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

(TV Show) The Flash

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by tmac2therack, May 15, 2014.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

At this point . . . how do we know the ZOOM that was taken away . . . wasn't another Time Remnant?

Rocket River

2. Nero

Nero Member

When I saw the end of the episode, I was like 'Holy crap, did they just go Flashpoint Paradox??'

There's no way they can do the same story as in the movie, so it will have to be on a much smaller scale, something like he comes home and everyone is different, everything is changed, but not with all the insane World War Aquaman stuff.. and of course he won't have powers, so he will have to hook up with the real original Wells to try to fix everything, because there will have to be some kind of doomsday 'destroy the world' scenario that only he can stop, and he will have to go back in time to let his mother die (again)..

That should take up pretty much the whole season, eh?

On a side note - Kendra in LoT.. I am of the opinion that she is the single stupidest character ever written.. anyone else notice how utterly dumb every thing she ever does is??

3. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

*EVERYTHING*
    I thought she'd be like she was in the JLU Cartoon but no .. . we get crap

Rocket River

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Good thing Kendra has been written off that series, lol.

This. This, so damn much.

There's not even the slightest inkling of any motivation that Barry would want to save his mom, until he actually does it in the final minutes of the finale.

I mean, if you wanted the audience to understand Barry's motivations, have him struggle throughout the Speed Force episode, instead of getting closure in every way, only to undo it all.

What I don't get is, so he's in the past now, and saved his mom. Does he then go to the future from that point in time? Does he just live out the rest of his life, watching himself grow up from afar? iirc, he was just about to open the door to save his mom in S1's finale, but the Barry that was already there, waved him off to let his mom die. This time, he's the Barry that is there, and the Barry-behind-the-door just disappears. I don't really understand.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Ugh, I still think Zoom should have just killed them all once Barry gave up his powers like a moron. The show went full potato this season, it better get better.

6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

This show reminds me of the demise of the original Heros. No rules is not just right. The biggest issue is CW. CW first and foremost cares about the drama on a show, not the content.

7. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

It was at its peak and my favorite show (after Silicon Valley) when he went back and learned how to be faster than zoom. It went all stupid when they tried to drag it out.

8. SK34

SK34 Member

9. PhiSlammaJamma

Personally, I liked that he saved his mother, because it was like he said #uck all of you all and I'm going to do what I set out to do. Making him the most powerful force in the multiverse, not the speed force, not zoom, not time wraiths, not yellow flash. Flash is the man now. This episode he took control. That is what makes him better than Batman or Superman. Flash is bad ass.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah....and next season will be all about him finding out that he was actually a moron and that there's tons of more powerful forces in the multiverse and his actions screwed everything up. Barry Allen is a child with a nuke.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

Finding out there are more powerful forces out there, will actually force Barry to season 1 Barry, imo, in that Barry has to "re-invent" himself and discover new ways to use his powers.

Barry 'learned' to throw his lightning, along with "de-molecularizing" through things, but then they went away from him learning stuff in order to set up LoT, Zoom, and the rest of the season.

It'd be fun to see the Star Labs gang try to make sense of how to defeat bad guys, again.

Hopefully, Cavanaugh isn't done in the show / done with the series, and we see Harrison Wells again. Jesse might be a new Flash on Earth-2, and idk what the writers are gonna do with Wally.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Wally will probably be the flash once Barry gets back and finds out he doesn't have powers anymore as a result of saving his mom. Either that or Jesse will be, she might exist in Earth 1 due to Harrison Wells not being murdered. Both were speedsters in the comics. We'll see what they want to do for their version of the flashpoint storyline. Hopefully it brings life back to the show.

13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I guess VIBE won't have his powers no more
    and we can act like it is square one . .. .again

Rocket River

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'd rather it be square 1, than the abomination of the last 2/3 of season 2.

15. PhiSlammaJamma

Abomination. Uh oh.

16. SK34

SK34 Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5LGQRbPERaU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Thought that was a fun episode, especially Cisco turned billionaire. But that sure ended quickly. Would have liked to spend more time in that timeline. Good to know how multiple timelines work in the form of memories and eventual closure, which I reckon means there is a permanent feature to it if you don't fix. Don't quite understand why some things changed and all is not normal after the fix, but when has it ever been. Is that it for Kid Flash? Is he done now. Think they are doing well to keep my interest even with all of the complexity of multiple timelines and multiple earths. Liked. Don't know where they are going next but so far so good.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Caitlin turning badass and evil

19. PhiSlammaJamma

Cisco with a Yao Ming reference! OMG! Love Cisco.

I like the addition of Malfoy to the cast, and I like the caffein riddled Harrison Wells, but overall the episodes are hitting a low, and the CGI is really weak. The Flash needs to pick it up and give us some Oh snap WTF moments before they lose all of their momentum.

20. 713

713 Member

Dang, I missed the Yao reference what was it?