1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Rose: D'Antoni was clueless

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Harden's beard, May 26, 2016.

1. 08kx250f

08kx250f Member

Everyone cancel their season tickets

1 person likes this.
  2. Outlier

Outlier Member

Hmm this quote isnt a big deal. Coach Pop preaches this too.

3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LMAO!

4. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

So, we had the 14th pick a couple times. D*mn, I am tired of hearing the b*ching and moaning about having the 14th pick. If we don't win the championship in a year, we sure as better have the #1 pick, or else Les Alexander is basically the Adolf Hitler of basketball. Show me how tanking is the fastest route to a championship. Miami tank? How's Philly doing? We coulda tanked every year since 2012 and there's no guarantee we'd have a player better than Harden. Such a tired complaint.

1) There's always plenty of competition for bad records.

2) You still have to get lucky with the lottery even if you have the worst record.

3) You have to be lucky there's even talent that year.

4) Even if there is talent and you are in the right spot, there's still a big risk you don't take the right guy. Just look at past drafts.

#44 oakdogg, May 26, 2016
    Last edited: May 26, 2016
  5. dmoneybangbang

Very well. But this small antidote still doesn't mean much overall in my opinion. Coaching matters but so does talent, match-ups, and luck.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

I don't think D'Antoni's asset is the offense that everyone now copies but his mind that created the offense that everyone now copies.

That said, I think this is a sh#tty choice, because our defense is the problem. I also agree that we have personnel resembling his crappy Knicks team more than his good Phoenix teams.

7. T for 3

T for 3 Member

DiAnF***me.

8. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

We'll be fine. A functional offense that gets everyone involved will do wonders for this team.

9. OldYelllowDog

OldYelllowDog Contributing Member

I want to. Help!

10. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

So so so so so much failure.....

Four years of godawful defense, Lord help us.