1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Rockets plan to resign Dwight this summer - NOT to MAX deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2016.

1. kayc

kayc Member

Could Parsons join Howard if he's traded to MIA?

2. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

The question is, Would the two teams involved?

And what to do for a center if Dwight is traded? Morey knows his stats; Miami is a better team overall when Whiteside sits; he's a stats-chaser, to the detriment of his team.

And what other moves would it set up? Wouldn't the Heat be lacking a point guard.....unless they took Beverly, too, who, truth be told, no matter who we get back, has been playing quite well lately. (Not "Stephen Curry" quite well, but "quite well for Pat Bev").

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Cyber has mentioned whiteside before cant remember what the statement about whiteside was though.

4. Rio Rocket

Rio Rocket Member

i think he said he said whiteside to la lakers in the summer

5. seeingred

seeingred Member

I think trading Howard is a lot like trading Lawson. It's doubtful we get true value back from trading an expiring contract (it is assumed he will opt out). I find it very hard to believe Dwight would agree to re-sign with the team we trade him to. So many teams have cap space, there will be a lot of moving pieces this free agency. Even if he re-signs here, I would expect Dwight to sit back and observe the landscape. If he was traded to some marginal playoff team? You better believe he'd take his time to find a chance at a ring.

With no guarantee he'll re-sign, who would offer enough value to convince us to give up the anchor of our defense?

6. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Before that lol

7. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

I love Dwight! But Harden and Howard have had 3 years to griw some chemistry between the two and they haven't. It's time to go their separate ways.

8. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Dragic/Whiteside/Mcroberts for Dwight/filler/filler works right? Miami would have to relinquish Winslow in any other scenario.

9. Swishh

Swishh Member

lol, i really hope you aren't serious.

10. Swishh

Swishh Member

C'mon...some of you can't be serious? You think the Heat would give up Winslow and Whiteside for Dwight - a UFA? They can just go after him this summer.

11. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I'm not saying Miami wants Dwight because I don't know, and I know it's your job to be one of our resident contrarians, but the Wade / Bosh window might not be open that long.

I wouldn't put too much stock in Whiteside anyway. His team plays better when he's on the bench. He's a stats padder.

12. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly... harden for jimmy butler...

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let him go, use the money to find players who can support Harden better.

DD

14. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Ok, let's say that Dwight will demand 22 million a year. Let's go with your plan. How many players can we get for 22 million that can help support Harden.

Keep in mind of recent NBA signings and how much they asked for.

Which players will willingly come and will help benefit Harden with the Rockets and all sign for a combined 22 million?

15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Da Truth

16. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Let's do this in the summer - but our record was the same last year with him and without him.

He is a good player, but is not a good fit with Harden.

Capella is a better fit because he gets out and runs on the break.....

Howard is a guy who is fading quick, atletically and no longer has to be double teamed, and can't hit FTs.

Time to let him go, and ride with some new blood.

DD

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Lol you guys would be killing butler by game 5.

18. Swishh

Swishh Member

lol dude, it has nothing to do with that. The reason why that trade is laughable and won't happen is because of the Winslow inclusion that some people seem to want. If they want Dwight, they can sign him this summer and keep Winslow.

19. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I'd try to resign Dwight to 3/$70 and go from there. When guys like Harrison Barnes are going to get close to $20MM per this summer, I think you have to try and lock Dwight up.

20. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

Their primary focus according to LeBatard is KD. As such, they won't be offering Dwight the full max and they will have many competing offers. So I think if the Heat can get Dwight & Thornton now while giving up only Winslow, who has MAJOR offensive holes, I think they take it. It makes them a legit contender in 2016 and they'll have a 2-3 year window assuming they can grab another big time FA.

I mean, it's all speculation at this point. Winslow is very good but not a KAT or Kristaps.