1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas - X Factor

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DudeWah, Nov 23, 2014.

1. omgTHEpotential

Valanciunas (who can play some offense, but doesn't give you defense/assists/shotblocking) got 16M/year and it wasn't viewed as an overpay, then DMo can definitely get 15M/year. Some team might even offer more.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Obviously depends heavily on our final 28 games.

If he just shows himself to be healthy and able to recreate last season's performance, I see him as a 10-12m guy.

In reality I feel he's improved his 3pt and FT touch and he could shock me this season. If he comes out hitting 50/40/70 with very good defense and passing, someone will throw him $15m IMO and we will match it if the timing is right.

3. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Does his tweet means he is done with D-League,or what?

4. omgTHEpotential

It does seem that way from how that tweet is worded. He'll probably get back after the All-Star break.

5. Normalus

Normalus Member

I guess, he's back with Rockets after such tweet?
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It was pleasure to play for my friend and the head coach of the Vipers Matt Brase <a href="https://t.co/Vb4BH1hytD">pic.twitter.com/Vb4BH1hytD</a></p>&mdash; Donatas Motiejunas (@DonatasMot) <a href="https://twitter.com/DonatasMot/status/697174918883102720">February 9, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Interesting, he got 4 games in, 20+mpg - I wonder if they are going to insert him into the lineup now.

DD

7. malakas

malakas Member

After All Star is great. Who knows who will be in the roster by then anyway.

8. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

A healthy DMo is easily 20/yr.

9. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Lol no way

10. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Healthy..with the new cap.

He would be offered that.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Dude that's your personal opinion. And I never said he doesn't have talent or he doesn't post great potential. What I'm saying he wasn't the sole purpose to our success last season like you're trying to elude to. We had a lot of players to step their games up when Dwight, Jones and Bev was out. They all played with a different type of intensity and Harden the Superstar was the main reason for that. He played much better defense and showed better leadership.

I too deal with a lot of youth basketball. Both of my boys play basketball as we speak. I also played this game when I was a youngster. Hakeem was my favorite player so I tried to learn all of his moves. Baby Dream was what the called me because I would bust them with that dream shake. So I believe I have an eye for talent as well.

12. DaDakota

That would be surprising - but it only takes one nutty owner to offer it.

Good, so we both have an opinion. DMo is a Super role player!

Yippeee!!!!

DD

#5792 DaDakota, Feb 9, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  13. Play07

Play07 Member

he couldn't get mins first go around, jones was ready

Then when Dmo was ready he was hurt

^^^ more excuses lol

14. DaDakota

LOL - he should have played that first year in the playoffs - not sure why our coaching staff could not figure out what to do with an inside post guy like DMo.

DD

15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

If the back injury never occurred I could see the 20/yr fo sho

16. Newlin

Newlin Member

DMo was horrible that first year. McHale would have loved to have played DMo more, but unfortunately DMo played very poorly when he did play. DMo started 14 games as a rookie. Maybe you don't remember, but DMo would get in early foul trouble, he shot under 30% in three pointers, and he was a poor rebounder. I mean, it's not like McHale didn't give him a chance.

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

just got called up along with KJ, but won't be available tonight. That three is looking really good...I can't see the rockets giving up on DMo, unless he gets injured again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ib2EAyYEUpo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

18. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

I completely agree. But that's a big if.

19. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

He wasn't that good in 12-13 or 13-14. It was last year that he made the leap. When he did play, he looked awful. He made a tremendous leap in 14-15.

20. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

You're right. He should have.

He finally started turning it around the last month of that season. He was starting to look good and it was obvious by then to a lot of us that Jones was a horrid defender and would get exposed in the playoffs.

Then McHale did McHale things and randomly benched him for the playoffs.

We all know what happened after.

Many of the posters on this page seem like they didn't watch or are having a hard time remembering the last part of the season two years ago.

1 person likes this.