1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2014-15] Jeremy Lin as a Los Angeles Laker

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Jul 11, 2014.

1. King1

King1 Contributing Member

Much like your hero's career.

#Linfanslickwindows

2. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Who Warren Buffet? I don't know...I think he's done alright for himself.

But enough about me...for today...all the talk back and forth about Lin vs Bev...I feel the playoff was in jeopardy when Bev got injured. Without him, Rockets can't play downhill.

3. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

LOL at LOFs. This has been a disastrous -- I mean disastrous -- year for Jeremy Lin and his fans. 82 games of pure humiliation that proved the so-called "LOHs" right. The Rockets were better by simply removing him from their team.

It looks like this will be the defining moment of Jeremy Lin's basketball career.

[youtube]vh_wLpQjh6k[/youtube]

1 person likes this.
  4. Danang78

Danang78 Member

It's about time this video showed up! I was beginning to worry.

5. KingLeoric

KingLeoric Member

Not Linsanity?

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I hated Lin when he was on here too, but the defining moment of Jeremy Lin's career will always be those two weeks in NYC.

I think that's more of a sleight to Lin. When looking back at Lin's successes in the NBA you can only point to two weeks worth of NBA basketball.

7. Danang78

Danang78 Member

2 Weeks in NYC, 25 Million dollars in the bank account, endorsement deals...I wouldn't call that career disastrous, but to each his own.

8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you measure a career based on being overpaid.

9. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So having the stigma of being overrated, overpaid, and simply just being a marketing tool instead of being seen as a capable NBA player is not disastrous?
    I cheered for Lin those two weeks, but he was absolutely mediocre after teams started gameplanning against him. I thought he would become a better player with a full off-season of training and practicing. Nope.

10. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Playoffs are more important than regular season

11. Danang78

Danang78 Member

That stigma that you speak of is not real....it was created on CF for CFers to feel solace for having a mediocre team sans Harden and Howard. Anywayz, i agree with your shoulder shrug.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

12. Danang78

Danang78 Member

So we agree then.

13. Danang78

Danang78 Member

And let me add,.... being the subject of the greatest forum thread on Earth!

14. apcgamb24

apcgamb24 Member

I'm pretty sure no one even remembers that outside Houston. And I'm pretty sure Linsanity will be the defining moment of his career.

Either way, it's embarrassing to Lin in that the most defining moment of his career is a month span in which he went on a hot streak which was overblown by the media. He himself said his career would be a failure if that's all he's remembered for. Well Lin, it's looking like that's going to be the case.

At the same time, it's clear you're rightfully upset about this current Rockets series and spiting some Lin fans helps ease the pain.

15. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

I wish the Rockets actually stayed close enough in this series to have the actual opportunity to **** up in crunch time. Instead, it has been blowout losses including one without Chris Paul and 2 with CP hobbled.

1 person likes this.
  16. Danang78

Danang78 Member

Exactly! Good one!

17. AdrenaLINe

AdrenaLINe Rookie

Go Rockets go...

I like how Rockets fans blame Lin for 1 play when Harden and Howard did not show up most of that Series...

This year you can blame Mcfail... But in the end you have two of the softest players in the league who have been the opportunity to be the number 1 options and are doing nothing with it every playoff

I'll be laughing until one of these guys leaves the team

#8998 AdrenaLINe, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2019
  18. what

what Member

Why do ya'll call Jeremy Lin - Jerry Lin?

19. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

I would rather Les pay a million so Lin can get out of the NBA forever. His fans are nothing but trash.

20. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

*laugh* at Lin fanatics celebrating Lin's basketball career because he got "paid 25 million and got some endorsement deals"

Talk about living vicariously off of a scrub's bank account which they will never touch.

Truly pathetic!

[​IMG]

Incorrect. I am from Boston/NYC area. Folks do remember his boneheaded decisions when handling the basketball. It was very amusing talking to and watching Celtics fan reactions when the Lin to Celtics rumor was going around.

#9000 Zboy, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015