1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Injuries

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by abaker28, Nov 10, 2015.

1. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Last season we were rocked by injuries (3rd most lost games if I'm not mistaken).
    And now less than 10 games into the season we have Jones out again, Bev missed games (think that was illness), DMo is still out and Howard sits out back to backs.
    Sure every team relies on healthy players. But are we unlucky? Or are we doing something wrong like with training that causes more injuries? Ala Bulls with Tib blamed for many of their injuries.
    When will we get some continuity with our team and especially the starting lineup. (No power forwards???).

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i dunno when, but i bet someone here has the answer.

3. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The injuries so far this year are not as devastating as last year. Bev had a concussion. Dmo is carry over from last year. Jones has a scratch under his eye lid.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

DMo being out with not even a semblance of a timetable to return is pretty devastating, he's a big part of what we do. He could be out for months still, who knows.

Dwight sitting out at least 20 games sucks ass too. If we stay healthy otherwise we should be okay though.

5. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Jones and Beverley both practiced today and are expected to play tomorrow per Feigen

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Coach tells them to play harder and this is the result.

1 person likes this.
  7. ClutchCity3

ClutchCity3 Member

It's on Keith Jones.

[​IMG]

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets have a **** ass training/medical staff. Rockets always seemingly at or near the top in games missed due to injury.

How can half the team be injured during preseason/missing preseason? And now some of these guys are in preseason mode, having to catch up, get in shape and behind "chemistry" wise too.

If Phoenix is medical-miracles-fix'er-uppers, Houston is the opposite of that. Turning one week injuries into month long and season ending injuries.

List of injuries below:

Just kidding. It's FTWRFTW telling you how terrible Keith Jones is. :)

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I use to beef about that. Rockets are always doing some cookie cutter infomercial "innovative" training. We don't even have fun dental weight training. Squats, deadlift and bench press, is all you really need. I dont think Keith Jones has ever been in shape. Looking at him since Hakeem days and still looks the same. Cat has been bulking before I was born

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Informative list.

11. OpenLayup-Why3?

Keith Jones is selling players' body parts on Chinese black market.

12. DenisM

DenisM Member

Btw, talking about Dwight, I guess he won't miss all of the B2Bs, because last time when we played Kings and Clippers, he or McHale talked that he might play both of the games. As the season progresses and if Dwight's health stays like this I expect him to play B2Bs, at least on a minutes restriction.

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Even our future player got banged up in dc.

14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

U talkin 'bout cocach?

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

You shouldn't post about injuries, unless you first research how they happened and what they are.

16. BigShotBob

BigShotBob Member

Anyone have pics or know what FTWRFTW looks like for comparison of the dudes he's always calling fat and out of shape? I'm just curious because its always the fatasses who is calling other people fat.

17. GMNot

GMNot Member

Who knows for sure whether improvements can be made or not? I think some really good basketball coaches never played the game, or played it in an organized program. So correlating Keith Jones appearance to the outcomes of injuries can't be considered a reliable way to explain the propensity for injury that Rockets players have had for quite some time now -- going back to Yao and McGrady..

I would suggest that, in the same way that "analytics" showed concrete results and was why Daryl Morey was hired, I would expect Les Alexander to have done a similar process (or be open to it) in improving the Rockets injury history. It should be straight forward. Analyze teams for injuries, (in other sports, as well as BB), see which ones seem to have the least injuries. Then try to decipher whether some players are just prone due to previous injury, and/or whether or not said "above average" teams are doing something that should be emulated. (And there is always the possibility that such knowledge would be considered a competitive advantage and not shared.) But Morey should be able to apply his skills to this problem.