1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Donatas Motiejunas out for the season

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Apr 8, 2015.

1. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Keith Jones is a random fat dude pulled in to be part of the medical staff

No one will believe that he has anything to do with medicine or fitness. Look at the dude. Dude hasn't seen a treadmill or a weight room in years

That Dmo for Dragic trade looks good now

Also, The optimist in me tells me this is a PR move by the Rockets holding DMO back for the WCF ;)

2. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

Bad news, but Smith and Jones will cover his position

Also we have an AllStar center.....Capela!

3. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

see, i'd be fine with capela getting minutes, but come playoff time, the FTs terrify me...

4. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

I think the rockets are just trying to improve hardens chances of winning the mvp, another "injury" would definitely have have some major pull in the voting polls for him!

5. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

OK OK OK...

before everyone goes and jumps off a bridge like I almost did, let's talk about defense. Specifically where it counts with big men, defense in the paint.

At the beginning of the year D-Mo was #8 in the entire NBA in rim protection (opponent's FG% around the rim.) He has since then slid off the radar. But who has gained? Coincidentally our current big man rotation leading into the playoffs:

Dwight #7
    Terrence Jones #8
    Josh Smith#13

D-MO #22 (Was #8 in December)

http://stats.nba.com/tracking/#!/pl...END_RIM&dir=-1&CF=MIN*G*25|FGA_DEFEND_RIM*G*5

6. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

Sorry but the Rockets are screwed in the playoffs without their best low post scorer

7. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

Wow, I'm a little in shock. I just thought we were resting up DMo for the playoff push. His ability to post up, defend and hit clutch shots will be missed in the playoffs.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

I'm shattered...

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

And both are out. I'll be damned!

11. jman7373

jman7373 Member

Its ok guys. We still have…

[​IMG]

12. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Yes and no. DMO was a really solid defender and rim protector while playing the PF position next to Dwight. It allowed him to excel at what he does, play help D and defend typically smaller guys at the PF. When Dwight got injured he was essentially playing "out of position" and trying to hold down bigger guys. I think in general that's why his ranking dropped . At any rate, what sucks is we were SO close to getting an entire kick-butt roster healthy and ready for the playoffs. Now we won't know for sure his impact :(

13. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Threeeeemo :(((((

14. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

Sure makes the Josh Smith pick up mid season look even more genius

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Damn. I'm losing hope.

16. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

CAN SOMEONE PROPERLY WITH ACTUAL INTELLECT ON THIS QUESTION TELL ME HOW DOES PLAYOFF ROSTER AND LINE UPS WORK?!

DO YOU SELECT YOUR ROSTER LINEUP FOR THE ENTIRE PLAYOFFS OR IS IT BY SERIES OR IS IT BY GAME???

I NEED A REAL AND VALID ANSWER, NO GUESSES PLEASE I ALREADY AM HAVING A MILD HEART ATTACK WITH MAJOR CHEST PAINS DUE TO DMOS LOSS SO I NEED YALL TO BE REAL WITH ME

17. magman

magman Member

Why?! This has been happening all season. For the sake of all Red Nation's sanity I hope they make it out the first round this year, Dmo was going to be a bi part of that. Can still be done but this hurts.

[​IMG]

18. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

He's the last guy you'd expect to get injured because of how he plays.

19. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

You have a 15 man roster. Only 13 can be activated and able to play. Bev and DMO are now out for the season. Every other Rocket will be available come post season.

20. Rocket_Man_2.0

Lord why us...It's not fair. Now we have to play our poor free throw shooting bigs.:mad::(