1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official Houston Dynamo / MLS Thread

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Beavis Stiffler, Jan 10, 2015.

1. DrLudicrous

DrLudicrous Contributing Member

First he wanted to graduate from college and then he thought he could do better somewhere else. I guess playing in the Icelandic second division wasn't all that it's cracked up to be so he came back.

2. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I just read that Stu Holden is back training with the USMNT and has a standing offer to rejoin the Dynamo if he wants to make another comeback attempt.

I doubt the guy has anything left, he has barely played any soccer since he left for Europe, nothing but injuries

3. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

He's played soccer, just not with a professional team. I mean he's been playing pickup in LA. I take it you read the article on VICE or I forgot what outlet.

I figured the Dynamo would always be in play for him because of his Houston connection and now OCoyle but I guess the ball is in his court. If he ever feels ready enough to attempt a comeback or not. Leaving LA would be tough for him since most of his famous buddies are there and he has bought a house there now but the Dynamo, Owen Coyle and Mama Holden still being in Houston will be reason enough for him to come back and train with Houston if he ever decides he's ready to comeback.

4. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

Woah come on now.
    I only know about Ibeagha and Bourgeois and I can't speak as to the numerous Spanish defenders Matt Jordan and OCoyle keep signing but Bourgeois is a solid young defender who just needs some seasoning as a pro. On the college level and with the academy he was quite good.
    Ibeagha might also still be a good defender or better than the options currently on offer. Yeah he played in Iceland last... that was after a couple of seasons in Denmark. His time in Denmark started well but I guess his form tailed off at the end. Who knows, maybe a return home to Houston is what he needs to get his mind and game right.

5. DrLudicrous

I'm not saying they don't have potential (I've also like what I've seen from Bourgeois with the academy), just that I don't think any of them are a clear upgrade over what we had. Signing a bunch of guys and hoping for the best isn't a very good way to run a team.

And in the meantime we don't have a backup left back for when Beasley pulls a hamstring.

6. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Unless the reinforcement of more lower division Spanish players actually pays off this season, it's going to be another middling, at best, season. Too many things have to go better than expected for this team to be a consistent threat.

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Looks like Stuart Holden retired according to alert on the phone.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

John Terry anyone??

Also, did anyone else see the new Dash kits? Pretty cool, Astros throwback style

9. Beavis Stiffler

Last night, the Dynamo started their preseason. 1st game was against the defending MLS Cup champs, Portland Timbers.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/VgyQVy0I-ho" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I didn't think Ibeagha looked too bad, seems like he is gonna get a real chance to start

Shannon Williams is still a huge weak link in the defense, they attacked almost exclusively on his side of the field

Midfield created almost nothing, but a few starters were out, hopefully that had something to do with it. Also looks like Boniek will be playing a more central role this year which I think is a good thing, he doesn't have the quickness to play on the wing anymore.

11. Beavis Stiffler

2nd preseason game for the Dynamo against San Jose Earthquakes. Tonight's stream starts at 6pm CT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4R1xjQpr_jI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

12. Beavis Stiffler

3rd preseason game for the Dynamo against Vancouver Whitecaps. Live stream tonight starts at 7pm CT.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/SWexuC-ICb8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

13. DrLudicrous

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

That jersey is B.S.

Go GERMANY! :cool:

Don't these people know how to stick with a traditional jersey?!?!? edit: I hear they're doing away with the traditional SOLID orange.

#keepTheOrangeJersey :mad:

[​IMG]

16. Beavis Stiffler

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DqlH2ntkHDM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

17. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lol, "Die Mannschaft" was the first thing I thought of when I saw the kit!

Maybe we'll go on a winning run as well?!

Speaking of the Dynamo, anyone have a recommendation for a good section in the stadium for someone looking to get full/half-season tickets?

18. DrLudicrous

My seats are on the west sideline. You avoid having the sun shining on you during the daytime and the roof covers most of the upper section from rain. The supporters groups will be behind the north goal this season if that's your thing.

1 person likes this.
  19. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Still trying to convince my brother to move his season tickets out of the north end for exactly that reason. When he got them the first season in BBVA, his specific request was to be as far away from them as possible. Oh well. Guess I'll be bringing ibuprofen with me this year.

20. K mf G

K mf G Contributing Member

what's the problem with the supporter's section?