1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Blazers @ Rockets 4/20/2014 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 16, 2014.

1. maxiep

maxiep Rookie

Like I said, Dwight Jaynes is an effing idiot. He's saying Beverley is the same player he was out of college. Like players don't improve their game over time. My hat is off to a guy like Beverley who keeps working on his game, learns from being cut and comes back with a vengance.

I mean this in the most complimentary way: Beverley is a guy I hate, but if he were on my team, I would love him.

2. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Avoid coming out lackadaisical.
    Harden needs to focus on his opponents movement on the defensive end.

If these two things are addressed I feel confident in this series.

Their two biggest weapons are at places where we have defensive options (Asik coming in to defend Aldridge)

Of course Lilliard and LA are going to get their points - hopefully with Bev and Omer's defense - it will be incredibly inefficient.

I hope Harden has the killer instinct mindset from the very beginning. The stars have aligned (potentially) perfectly for Houston. No let ups. Go out and get it.

I have a feeling we're going to see a monster Dwight in the playoffs.

3. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

4. Durant

Durant Member

5. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

Saw Dwight at Chipotle today! He was hanging with Josh Powell

6. Fighton

Fighton Member

Yup. Lillard opened his mouth first and bev took the opportunity on the radio show to try to clear his reputation. He's not a dirty player, but once a label is slapped on you, it stays with you whether or not it's actually true. He has every right to depend his reputation.

7. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

Well you're a scrubby fan. Seriously?

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Rockets in 6. In 5 if they can be consistent, playing as they are capable of playing from one game to the next. That's key. We've all seen the Rockets put on incredible offensive performances during the season, and we've seen them playing good interior defense game after game, when healthy. What we need to do in order to close out this series quickly is play good, consistent perimeter defense. Do that, and I like our chances against any team in the league.

9. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

If harden and d12 comes out to play, we got this.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am excited too, but our bench needs to step up. It will be a tough series.

11. Oracle

Oracle Member

I've voted earlier for Rockets in 5 and keeping to that. If the Rockets can keep to their own game, I don't see big problems in this. The Rockets come to the playoffs with a healthy team and hopefully it will stay that way.

12. Devious

Devious Member

Originally, I thought about the Rockets winning in 6 but I now lean toward 5 games. The sooner the better.

13. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

A good sign.

14. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Sounds like an arrogant blister of a human being who only has a job because he somehow got grandfather-ed into his current gig and now no one can fire him. Clearly he doesn't watch any games or he wouldn't say something like, "He BETTER!" when pondering the topic of whether Lillard will dominate Beverley or not.

Kinda sounds like a Portland version of Rich Lord actually. Or worse yet, his former radio show partner who is now 300lbs in Philly.

15. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

If Harden decides to play solid D in the playoffs, i could see this squad battling in the WCF. But first thing's first, let's eliminate Portland.

Rockets in 5 or 6.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Oh and by the way, McHale has done a fine job at keeping Dwight's minutes in check during the entire regular season. It's time to unleash the beast!

17. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Looking like 7 to me.

DD

19. Salvy

Salvy Member

5 out of 7.... Would play again..

20. Pokemon

Pokemon Member

IF THEY GO ALL OUT :eek::eek: