1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Fade's Keeper Fantasy Baseball 2014 Draft Thread.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports' started by SamCassell, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I agree with RedNation, and I would most definitely do Donaldson, Moss, and Samardzija for Bumgarner if I was you. That's a no-brainer for you, but I imagine he would scoff at the offer.

With all due respect, in my opinion, there are also other positions you can upgrade at: SS, OF, C, and Utility.

Ian Desmond - I think he provides a nice upgrade over Alcides Escobar. I know Desmond hasn't been as great of a SS option as most (including myself) expected, but I still see him as a great power/speed combo at a premium position. Although I know Alcides Escobar has been producing nicely, if I had to pick 1 for rest of season, I'm going with Ian Desmond.

I like the improvement of Gattis over McCann.

I like all of the other guy's outfielders, so given his ridiculous depth there, he might be inclined to include one of them in a deal. I'm assuming if top 3 of Trout, Gomez, and Ellsbury (not the biggest fan) are untouchables, so I would ask for either Bruce, Polanco, or Moss. Bruce is probably the most realistic, as he has started the season slow. That also might bring his value down, but he's a guy that can turn it around at any moment, and can almost single-handedly carry your offense in a given week. I also like Moss a lot, but he has a ton of value, and I'm thinking the guy knows that.

Donaldson is similar to Moss, and since they both have a ton of value, I just think it would be hard to obtain him in this trade.

Personally, I would do any combination of 2 of the offensive players listed above (Desmond, Gattis, Bruce, Polanco, Moss, or Donaldson) and Samardzija. Ultimately, I feel you are getting a slight decrease in starting pitching (yes, Bumgarner is elite, but Samardzija has been really good himself), but a great boost to your offense.

1 person likes this.
  2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

I agree with Bruce (as well as the rest of your post). He's just now beginning to turn it around and it might be the beginning of one of his hot streaks he goes on.

#202 RedNation, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
  3. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thanks a lot guys! I apreciate it!

update: I have a few new trades in the works, and either one would be accepted.

Bumgardner and Morneau for Bautista
    Rios and Lackey for Bautista

I am trading for Bautista. Would you do one of these two, or the one above mentioned by Nippy. A lot to mull over

4. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Or I could do both if I trade both Grienke and Bum. or is that dismantling my pitching staff to much?

5. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

Personally, I like Rios and Lackey for Joey Bats. I would do that trade if I were you. I know Rios is actually a nice, consistent player, but Joey Bats is gold as long as he is healthy (currently nursing a minor hamstring injury). I believe Lackey has been surprisingly solid thus far, but I'm not that high on him personally, so I think it would be a great sell-high for you. I also don't think finding a replacement that offers similar results as Lackey should be that hard, so I just see it as a nice upgrade from Rios to Bautista.

Even if that trade goes through, I would still strongly consider doing the Bumgarner deal discussed above, because I still think the great boost to your offense is worth the price of downgrading from Bumgarner to Samardzija.

Lastly, I don't like the Bumgarner and Morneau for Joey Bats deal. I think the other team should be the one ponying up more for Bumgarner. So I would counter with Bumgarner for Joey Bats and a solid SP from the other guy. Morneau has been healthy and has been a pleasant surprise in a potent Colorado lineup, so I'd guess he keeps it up. I'd see Bumgarner to the other guy as "you know what your getting, an elite ace," and downplay Joey Bats as "he's just an injury waiting to happen, so I don't want to lose Bumgarner for nothing, so I need a starting pitcher as insurance."

6. oelman44

oelman44 Member

Thanks guys. Pulled trigger on Rios/Lackey deal for Baut, and looking into other one. The guy was pretty uninterested, but I'm wondering if I should do the 'choose 2' offensive players trade above, but received Buehrle instead of Samardzija

7. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

I am not very high on Buehrle, as I think he is going to come back down to earth. Looking at his team, if you are not getting Samardzija in the deal, I would be ok with either Cole Hamels or Cliff Lee. However, If is he cold on the idea of trading Samardzija, I would guess he would be hesitant to trade either either Hamels or Lee. These are just ideas, you never know how the other guys feels about certain players or not.

8. RedNation

Hey Flash. Timmy Lin no hitter (77 points). I knew what I was doing by drafting him.

He's on my bench again :eek:

#208 RedNation, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  9. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

seeing we are into random things in random threads now :)

just wondering what you guys suggest I have for lunch today?

10. RedNation

Are you being serious, or sarcastic? :grin:

11. Nippystix

Nippystix Member

meatloaf

...but I won't do that!

12. PhiSlammaJamma

Clobbersockered by Smeg this week. Can't seem to stay on target. Everyone is in it this year.

13. SmeggySmeg

fortune favoured the mediocre this week Phi, my apologies that my inconsistent pile of kangaroo poop decided to show up and hit this week.... don't worry i'll be dreadful next time we play each other (and of course this week for sure).....

14. chrisjent

chrisjent Member

What do you all think of possibility a smaller roster next year? It'd have the potential of thinning the talent in team lineups...hopefully instigating more of a desire to trade. It'd also deepen a fairly shallow FA pool.

15. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Yep. Same week that Rick Porcello tosses one.

On my bench as well. *smh* And to think he did it against the Rangers at that.

We suck at this lineup shyt lol.

16. SmeggySmeg

nice work lining up 10 starts for your SPs Fade....

my points against this season is ridiculous

17. RedNation

Sorry Rook, but I don't want Tanaka anymore

18. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

So this weekend's games will all role into this week's games as well?

19. Rocketball

Rocketball Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Darn it, I keep forgetting to set my line-up, third week in a row - always think about it too late on Monday when it's already locked. I'm an idiot!!!!

20. SmeggySmeg