1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

How can the Rockets get Harden?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigPun662, May 21, 2011.

1. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Our future looks bleak with the upcoming weak draft and apparently players don't have a reason to come to Houston anymore. I really believe James Harden has some "it" factor potential. I mean think about it. I would take him over K-mart any freaking day. Morey should figure out a way to get the kid to Houston even if it means telling him he'll be the focal point. Realistically I see him as a solid number two option, especially if we get a top notch talent here. OKC can't keep everyone but I'm sure Harden's agents phone lit up after that huge jumper with the defense draped all over him against Dallas in game 2 of the WCF.

Anyone have any info on his contract? I think he's in the second year of his rookie contract. I see a big pay day for him if he keeps this up. I can even see OKC parting way with Westbrook to retain Harden.

15 people like this.
  2. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Scola would fit the thunder well, but they aren't moving Harden. I think Green could have been had for Scola, but, now, nothing makes sense.

1 person likes this.
  3. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

who will they give up to keep Harden? They can't keep everyone...

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They won't give up Harden, especially for anyone on the Rockets. Pipe dream. Good players on rookie contracts are golden. This is just like the "Let's get Serge Ibaka" thread.

1 person likes this.
  5. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

so you're telling me they'll keep westbrook, harden, duran, and ibaka?

that's a lot of money for four players....i think they'll part ways with westbrook to retain harden and ibaka. Ibaka being exposed by Dirk so i'm not a huge fan.

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

That's not really fair.. Dirk 'exposes' just about everyone...

BTW, Harden is probably untouchable. They wouldn't give him up for Perkins, so why would they want anyone on our team?

7. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

we obviously can't trade for him. we just go at him hard when he's a free agent. Every player wants to be told a team will be built around them. I don't see us getting D howard or CP3 so we might as well go another direction.

Dirk does expose many but Ibaka is also offensively challenged.

8. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

If we get Head then we can probably get Harden.

1 person likes this.
  9. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

[​IMG]

10. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If we offered Kevin Martin for James Harden they would be all over that like flies to a crawfish boil. Stop making so many knee-jerk threads, James Harden's a nice piece but he's not going to be making the Rockets any better so long as we don't have a superstar to build around.

11. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Well you usually need to get Harden first before you get Head but I hate Head and I know that may sound bad but let me explain. I really can't stand Luther. He shouldn't be in the league just because he cuts hard.

12. BigPun662

BigPun662 Member

Nobody wants a non-defending two who only cares about getting 25 and drawing fouls due to his narrow frame. OKC would never trade for Kmart and plus the contracts are not even close.

1 person likes this.
  13. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

They can't. Not without giving up too much that is.

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Harden is pretty darn good.

Which means we can't get him.

15. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Exactly why is this so hard? Tell me this: Are speaking of the summer of 2013 or this summer? If you meant 2013, we'll see. Maybe the Rockets don't even want Harden at that time. If you mean now, forget it. OKC has him cheap for two more seasons and your wish is a total pipe dream.

16. oneleftalive

oneleftalive Member

why do we need harden?

to me, harden is like courtney lee or oj mayo.

if we already have someone like him. why get another one thats similar?

17. blackistan

blackistan Member

I completely agree harden is not a superstar just another role player alongside 2 superstars on okc. We need a superstar like cp3, derron or someone else

18. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Harden is this years Ariza I see. :rolleyes:

1 person likes this.
  19. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

Harden is certainly untouchable.

You guys have to understand that these guys that start showing worth especially in the playoffs' stock is rising extremely high. Not that the number 3 overall pick didn't have good trade value already but there is no way to make a good deal for someone that is obviously and improving and would be a good piece to build with and around.

Hasheem Thabeet is a perfect example of buying low while his stock plummeted to almost nothing. Unless you pick someone up like that there is no absolute reason to trade a player that is actually showing promise.

All these lets get this or that guy when he actually plays well are pointless, they're not gonna be given up that easily.

20. joesr

joesr Member

they got two years to make that decision. honestly, end of discussion