1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[3-19-2015] Terrence Jones Injury Updates (UPDATE: Partially collapsed lung)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SK34, Mar 19, 2015.

1. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

2. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

Awesome news... Just hope Capella still gets some burn, I've been pretty high on him since we drafted him.

Cool Story Bro: Friend called and asked if I'd seen Clint's dunk highlights (had no idea who he was), I said "yah, love the guy, in a few years he could be a serious player", we then realized that I was talking about d-league highlights, and he was watching the game live (while I DVR'd it), got overly excited to hear he was getting solid play. We have a plethora of Bigs, both skilled and athletic, now just need a point (maybe Llull?)

3. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...nes-hopeful-of-playing-tonight-vs-sacramento/

Can't wait till D-Mo & Papa return too...

4. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Jones scored 16 points (6-10 FG, 2-3 3Pt, 2-6 FT) with seven rebounds, three assists, seven blocks and one steal in 32 minutes during Wednesday's win over the Kings...Not bad for a kid with a punctured lung!

Who would thought that he'd be back so soon & play so well?

5. JazzLakerHater

I want to see that highlight where he stuffed Landy like 3 times in a 5 second span lol.

6. JazzLakerHater

Landry. Never want to misspell the name of one my most beloved former Rocket

7. i3artow i3aller

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    <iframe src='http://streamable.com/e/tjvw' width='560' height='314' frameborder='0' allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling='no'></iframe>

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Where art thou, basketballholic!

9. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

Jones has been just great for us.

10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Great to see him back.

11. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Pshhh. Tyler Hansbrough or Reggie Evans would have provided as much, or more.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

jones and capella are my favorite players on the rockets.

i hope capella stays on the team for a long time

13. basketballholic

Right here.

Sensational sequence of plays by Terrence.

Sacramento is now 26-48.

Carl Landry is now 31 years old with the same 8'6" standing reach he's always had. I would expect a fully healthy, much younger, and more athletic Terrence with an 8'11" standing reach to make those blocks against Landry. I was happy that an injury-recovering Terrence made those blocks. He is showing showing some guts and toughness by getting back out there and competing so soon after this injury. Gotta give him more props for that than a sequence of blocked shots.

The playoffs are coming.

Terrence has played a grand total of 341 minutes and 17 seconds in 11 games against teams with winning records this season.

He is 56 for 109 from the field in those contests.
    He is 5 for 14 from the 3-point line in those contests.
    He is 27 for 46 from the FT line in those contests.
    That's a 56.48 TS%.
    He has grabbed 31 offensive rebounds and 50 defensive rebound in those contests.
    He has assisted on 10 buckets, stolen the ball 4 times, and blocked 22 shots in those contests.
    He has also turned the ball over 6 times and committed 22 turnovers in those contests.

That's an ORB of 8.7%, a DRB of 26.3%, and a TRB of 12.8% in those contests.

Those are all decent contributory numbers. Hopefully Dwight and DMo can get healthy and we can maximize Terrence's contributions with the bench unit running up and down and giving him favorable matchup against players like Charlie V., Glenn Davis, and Boris Diaw where Terrence can play to his strengths and minimize his weaknesses being exposed against the bigger, longer, more highly skilled opposing starting bigs.

The playoffs are coming. I'll still be here then too.

#353 basketballholic, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Sizzl now you know Holic is not going to give this man true props. He will come up with all kinds of excuses and cherry pick his stance like a mutha. Lol

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Some TJ news from Daryl Morey courtesy of 790AM and the transcription by FTW Rockets FTW.

I didn't agree with TJ being in the D League. Glad to see I wasn't alone. I have been against Capela being down there too, but that is a story for another day. I just don't feel like you truly get better playing against guys that have no chance against you. I can go up to any local junior high right now and look like James Harden minus the beard.

#355 vator, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  16. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

I hear you Vator, but you get real floor time down in the D-League and I'm all for it. Completely different beast from playing in half speed scrimmages during off day practices to having guys come at you full speed down in live real D-League games. Capella seems to have benefited from it as we can see.

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I rather a player play basketball and test things out instead of rotting at the end of the bench.

18. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

This

Some don't see the value of the D League, but Rio Grande runs the same system that the Rockets do, so getting run down there helps prepare the young guys for real time with the big club.

It's much better than getting nothing but garbage time or no more than shootarounds or practices when they aren't ready to break the rotation.

The Rockets have been very effective using the Vipers as a farm club over the last few years, and anyone that has been paying attention can see how well their system is working at this point.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

I agree with the bench unit comment. We have no idea what our rotations will be because of the injuries, but if Dwight absolutely has to sit, the Rockets can throw out both TJones and Smith to get rim protection (and hope the other team doesn't have a big that can punish us in the post).

I really like the idea of a Prig/Brewer/TJones/Smith bench. They may not be as bad in the half court without Harden as some think. We will heavily rely on Prig to create without turning over the ball, which he's good at. I wish we had one more shooter.

20. T FOR 3!!!

T FOR 3!!! Member

I LOVE how we develop our players. Short of having a top pick that needs starter minutes immediately (Wiggins, Irving), a lot of these guys need to learn how they can maximize their skills, along with building others.

If a guy starts his career as a role player, sometimes he never leaves that spot. Coaches become content and they don't grow out of it.

Terrence might still just be a high energy guy if it weren't for the D-League, now his dribbling and isolation are something he uses every game. He may have never reached that comfort level as a role player.