1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[TV Show] Gotham

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by mrm32, Sep 24, 2013.

1. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

Did I hear the preview right and is it Victor Zsasz ?

2. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Yup. That's him.

3. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

I tried twice to finish this weeks episode. Just couldn't do it. It's terrible. I've been a Batman freak for over 15 years, and this show is going downhill fast

4. Poloshirtbandit

I'm really trying to like this show but I feel like I'm watching this for the sake of watching something.

5. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The show has fallen into a rut. It's become basically a case of the week procedural show, and all or the characters aside from Falcone and Penguin are very cliched and boring.

Looks like next weeks episode actually has a purpose so we'll see, the show needs to build some serialized momentum before people start tuning out en masse.

6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

yea . .the Freak of the Week is getting old soon

Rocket River

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I haven't started on this show and I am beginning to wonder if I should. Its a shame since I was really looking forward to this show. its not too often this happens.

How does it compare to Marvel Agents of Shield and Arrow as far as childish drama and pointless screen time?

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Gotham < Agents < Arrow

IMO

Rocket River

9. tonyt8605

tonyt8605 Member

Man I'm surprised the majority of the community is against this show. My wife and I actually like it a lot and felt this latest one was great. Its a show about Gordon and GCPD. And given that context, its great. And they're still trying to appease Batman fans by having semi-outlandish bad guys.

Not sure what you all are wanting from it. Hearing what you guys think it should be would give more credibility to your criticisms.

The last scene where Harvey finds out was great.

10. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

The first episode was great, save from the on the nose Batman references it was good.

They appeared to be going with Gordon vs organized crime and corruption. That combined with the charismatic portrayal of Falcone made for a great start. But so far Gordon has been dealing almost entirely with a villain of the week and the mob stuff has taken a back seat. Gordon isn't cleaning anything up, he's just solving a new case every week.

Next week it looks like they may be going forward on the mob front, so we'll see. The characters simply aren't enjoyable enough to do case of the week, this show is gonna live and die by it's narrative, which has had bright spots but all in all has been pretty meh.

11. Summer Song Giver

I am enjoying it so far. Don't know why my opinion differs so much form what i read form others.

12. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

The end of episode 5, with that old guy and hot chick and italian song. What was that about?

13. Summer Song Giver

That was the girl Fish had been training to seduce Falcone, it was her making first contact with Falcone. The series has been laid out pretty well, lots of plots and sub plots being developed.

14. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

The setting and violence try to set a Christopher Nolan-esque tone, but the actual writing and characters are more likely to fit in a prequel to the 60's Adam West camp Batman show. As a cop show it's inferior to just about every other cop show on TV right now that isn't likely to be canceled this year. The corruption is set to parody levels of incompetence in the police force. Plot holes abound. As a comic book show on TV, there is no super heroes and not much in the way of super villains, nor enough comic book qualities other than the complete inability to be subtle about who any future batman villain is going to be, and throw them in your face on a regular basis.

15. ynelilvs99

ynelilvs99 Member

Next episode looks promising. It's not like a show that has u looking forward to the next one. But it's entertaining to me.

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

After every Episode there is a million 'easter eggs' to review

they SERIOUSLY have to do SOMETHING with bruce soon
    his scenes are so useless, boring and ridiculous

Rocket River
    so past Easter Eggs about right now

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Nygma has creepy written all over his face

18. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

That's really odd part about the show, tonally it's all over the place. That being said, I've enjoyed it a lot more than Agents of Shield...

and enough with the foreshadowing, we get it....

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Thought I would bump this because tonight's episode was much, much better than the last few fillers.

A little more of this, a little less villain of the week.

20. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Agreed. It's amazing how good this episode was. Penguin is just an awesome character to drive this story.